It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Director Fears 9/11-Style Attack On US

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

FBI Director Fears 9/11-Style Attack On US

news.sky.com

The outgoing head of the FBI fears another 9/11-style attack on the US, saying the fallout from the Arab Spring has bred a number of "violent extremists".

Robert Mueller, who leaves his post on September 4, said that he fears terrorists will target planes, or attack America using a weapon of mass destruction.

He warned that the US does not have the capability to defend a cyberattack on the country's energy sector.

Mr Mueller said: "I always say my biggest worry is ... an attack on a plane. And secondly, it's a weapon of mass destruction in the hands of a terrorist and that includ
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
After reading a lot of Threads on ATS about possible involvement of the FBI and CIA on numerous attacks across the World, I have to wonder whether Mr Mueller is saying "another attack is coming from the FBI because we need to go to War in such and such a place"

I guess you Americans will tell me what you think the above news Article REALLY is??

Do you think the FBI/CIA are capable of pulling off another stunt to fool Millions?

Or

Do you think the guy has credibility and there could GENUINELY be an attack on the USA by some Terror Group?

I am British and therefore in England but I picked this Story up from Skynews!

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

The next "Terrorist" attacks will be cyber based,.. not physical,.. what better way to bring a country to its knees than to launch StuxNet style attacks on a countries entire infrastructure!

skyburst EMP would be better I suppose,.. on a large scale the country would destroy itself on the ground level with rioting etc.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pigsy2400

But who do you think will 'CYBER ATTACK' the USA?

An inside job blamed on NK, China or the Russians?

Or an Attack from an Extremist Group out of the ME or Africa?
edit on 23-8-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

There is always a risk of terrorism. But terrorism is only effective if we fear it. Our leaders fear it and would trade liberty for their security. As a US Citizen the only fear I have of terrorism, is that when terrorists attack our government will further strip our rights reducing them to ashes, in order to preserve fewer liberties.

The FBI Director is probably right, but I'm more concerned about our governments actions following such an attack. Who profits from the next war? What rights will be reduced? Will public opinion shift to allow increased forms of privacy invasion? To me it is not the act of terrorism that I fear but the reaction.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

That's true, more Security measures coming into place for the man on the street!

Yeah.... probably right.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Do you think the FBI/CIA are capable of pulling off another stunt to fool Millions?

Yes.

Or

Do you think the guy has credibility and there could GENUINELY be an attack on the USA by some Terror Group?
Yes.
BECAUSE of how Mueller and company have handled the post 9-11 years, there are MORE terrorists now. It's disgusting. Bush got it organized, then came 9/11, and then it became a hideous mess of a perpetual war.

Stay safe.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Very true again. It is a big mess right now. So many more Terror Groups have sprung up across the Globe!

TBH I find it unbelievable that ANOTHER major attack hasn't happened in the West or Europe since the last one in Spain!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
You have the FBI directory leaving and you also had the head of DHS resigning. All of the things occurring around the world and with the rise of extremism is very pre 9/11. If you look back, they knew something was coming but not when.

There is always a threat from someone or something and always will be. It is just easier when your countries resources are used against its own citizens and not those out there threatening us.

Benghazi was an opening salvo to me. After Bin Laden was attacked it stirred the pot. You have a resurgence of the Taliban fighters as well as aligned Al Qeada factions. There is a WAR going on in Syria as well as Eygpt that the MSM in America is ignoring but giving us Al -Jazerra to watch?

There is still the satellite that NK put up there. The one that was supposed to fall but instead criss crosses our country almost daily. EMP anyone? Take away cell service, the internet, fast food and goods on the shelves of you local Wal Mart and with the state of the nation right now, you would have complete SHTF in less than two weeks. It is not about being paranoid anymore. It is really, to me, when the government finally loses ALL control.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Not very specific...

Mr Mueller said: "I always say my biggest worry is ... an attack on a plane."

Crop dusting a city with a bio weapon strain of some plague? Poor man's nuke...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
So, 12 years after 9/11 and several trillion dollars in wars and anti-terror.

First thing FBI director does when he fears a large attack just like 9/11 is to tell everyone about it and get them all terrorized about it? FBI director is a terrorist? What about the HUGE effort and cost of defending from attacks?

Anyone else feeling nothing has really happened apart from the average Joe pays more tax, gets less for his dollars and is in the exact same position he was 12 years ago in regards to terrorists?

Its like the worst joke ever. And no ones laughing.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Sounds awful fishy to me. What kind of a message is this guy giving us? Anytime a headline like this hits the airwaves I begin to question the motive. That's a sad state of affairs for this country. My level of trust has dwindled so much with our establishment that I no longer take a message like this at face value, ever...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Honestly, this stuff just baffles me. I have no idea. As a citizen, I just can't seem to get enough reliable and detailed information to come to any real conclusion about how great the threat of an attack on America is and who presents the most danger.

No, I don't trust what the government says about this stuff. Or the media. Or anyone channeling super-souls from a nearby constellation.

I think in general those in government do actively work to prevent attacks but all it takes is a small faction. I think it would be tough for a foreign threat to slip through the intelligence net, but not impossible.

I'm not one to scream false flag or to accept the story. I have to live with the fact that, for now, I just don't know what the truth is.

I think it's important for America to evolve so that fewer around the world see us as an enemy and so that we have an active citizenry that demands high ethic and accountability from our government. Until then, we are vulnerable from everywhere and a explosion might have been caused by one of many, many, possible groups.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Get it right please - there never was a 9/11 attack on the US. These people are laughing in your face as they spew their devilish drivel.

Mueller is a consummate liar no different than all the rest, and every word slithering off of his tongue is black and covered in oozing slime.

I watched that propaganda piece last night, and was sickened. Its getting to the point now where I really am considering cutting the cable, so to speak.
edit on 23-8-2013 by YodHeVauHe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by YodHeVauHe

So I guess the Pentagon had a gas leak, 93 was pilot error and the WTC all just vanished? It did happen. What you are conditioned to think is that it did not. To question everything so that when the next one happens, and you lose more rights, that it is easier to swallow and again say nothing happened. It did though...and it will happen again.

The bombing in Boston, no matter how you look at it, is simple proof that the simplest of people can cause terror but just as I implied, there were memes within 10 minutes. No compassion or fear. No one fears terrorism anymore in a broad sense. We are conditioned not to. This way, when the government tells you it is for terror you comply. Like Boston.

Domestic terror is also a concern. Notice that there is LOTS in the news about militant blacks, the Trayvon case, Paula Dean, etc. This way, when a 'white right wing bald guy' detonates a bomb it can be blamed on a race. This can lead to more martial law and curfew and control. The trucks, training and ammo are in place.

I fear my government more than Al Qeada.

edit on 23-8-2013 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The Government is afraid of its own shadow. I'm half convinced that everyone involved hides under their oversized beds, clutching each other in terror, and calling for Big Brother to come and chase the monsters away

Do I believe that the FBI, CIA, and other Alphabet Agencies will set up another false flag? Perhaps. They've certainly had no qualms about doing so in the past. Anything to justify war, while instilling fear into its populous to make them easier to control.

But I also believe that the threat could possibly be real. The US has certainly pissed enough people off in the world, that an attack at some point from another country is quite likely. However, I believe that if such an attack comes, it will be a cyber attack. Cyber Warfare is the new face of war.

It's far easier to cripple another country, and less messy, by conducting cyber attacks against one another. And with a North Korean satelite orbiting over our heads, and our electrical grids not grounded to withstand such an attack, we'd be royally screwed. And not in a good way.

But fear not my fellow Americans. For Big Brother is here to save the day

edit on 23-8-2013 by Lunarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Course they are, and they probably will, since the last major one worked out so well for them. (plenty of promotions)

My bet?

Syria or Iran will be 'responsible'. The only question will be whether they go through Syria to get to Iran, or they decide to admit the people are not buying what there selling about Syria and forget about them and go straight for Iran instead.

As Iran is the goal, they are likely to pull off a BIG one, claim it is Iran with the help of a few Iranian 'defectors' and make sure whatever the 'stunt' is, that it's big enough to get Russia off their backs if (when) they invade.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Since I believe that the CIA is directly responsible form forming al-CIAda. I'd say the answer to both of your points would be yes. The thing that most helps to convince me that government agencies (and not just the u.s. gov.) have set up these major terror attacks, is the fact that for each one there was also a drill going on in the same place, at the same time, and with the same style as the actuall attack. I heard a great quote one time on a sci-fi show that I greatly admire for its attempt to warn humanity of our own evils. "I believe in coincidences, coincidences happen everyday...but I don't trust coincidences. "

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
For some reason or another, to me, Al Queda only exists to instill fear with our own citizens. I believe they are our own doing and a scapegoat for tryannic laws. They are the boogeyman your parents told you was in their closet so you didn't see their guilty pleasures.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Your chance of being the victim of a 'terrorist' attack, that is an attack from a non-governmental entity using suitcase bombs or hijacking planes, is far less than your chance of getting hit by lightning whilst celebrating your birthday.

If all the money spent on the War On Terror (or War Of Terror) were instead spent on green technologies, habitable cities, food, housing, education, medical care for everyone, and cleaning up the environment, we would instead by now have had the beginnings of a global ecological renaissance, making it far more likely that the 'terrorists' would want to immigrate or at least emulate our resourcefulness rather than bomb us.

Add in the US and West not interfering in the government and resources of other countries and you'd have a helluva lot less ill will.

Those same suitcase nukes that the FBI director is so worried about were ordered invented by his government in 1945. Funny how some decisions come back to bite. Stop inventing things you cannot control!

No more lies! Nor more religion! The combination of both makes people crazy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join