It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Country Cleans House - America, THIS is how you deal with Corruption!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
You probably haven't heard anything about this in the news (in fact I'm having a really hard time trying to find any good and thorough videos of the news being reported or the arrests being shown), but it doesn't surprise me in the least considering the current political issues we face. I'm talking the NSA scandal, politicians leaving messages on answering machines asking for bribes, insider trading, crony capitalism, etc. etc. etc.

About two months ago the Czech Republic took matters into their own hands and raided Government offices over major political corruption and spying scandal. They arrested several politicians and froze all of their accounts.The Prime Minister was forced to resign. The investigators say this is just the tip of the iceberg. As a result, Czech citizens will (or may already have) voted on a completely new Government. They cleaned and continue to clean house. These people are SICK of the corruption. They've had to deal with it during Communism, they've had to deal with it during crony Capitalism. Enough is enough. They are showing these corrupt politicians that they are NOT above the law!

You would think that our American talking heads on TV would ask questions like; "Is this how we should be dealing with the corrupt politicians who are running our Government and country into the ground?" but I haven't heard them spend even a single moment mentioning it. The criminals in charge wouldn't want you to become inspired by such events. They don't want you to have hope that any one of them could ever face the consequences of their illegal actions not only against American citizens, but also against the rest of the world. This story broke a month or two ago and it SHOULD give you hope. It should serve as an example of what needs to happen here. If the Police and investigators were on our side (which I know many of them are), they would do right by us and help us follow this example:

Czech PM Resigns Over Major Corruption Scandal

It all started with a spectacular police raid last Thursday, involving 400 officers, many of them masked, searching the government offices on the banks of the Vltava River as well as 30 other buildings.
Eight high-ranking civil servants and politicians were arrested, including Necas' closest aide. Police also secured several million euros in cash and dozens of kilos of gold........It's an open secret in the Czech Republic that substantial sums from the state's coffers end up in private accounts via public contracts. So far, no one has been able to prove anything - possibly until now.
Among the houses searched in the raid are two luxury villas belonging to two men known as the "godfathers" because of their influence in Czech politics.
"We have confiscated material that is invaluable to us," said leading investigator Robert Slachta, adding that it would take weeks to analyze it.
It is those comments that have fed rumors that what has come to the surface is just the tip of the iceberg. Observers hope that the police will be able to catch the bigwigs at the helm of a mafia-like network connecting politics and business in the country.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Great Find 2many, and Flag/Star.
This one needs to be seen for another example of the extreme
finally taken out. Sometimes the whole apple cart HAS to go over...
It gives me a little hope anyway.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Czech, please.

May they find the dirty culprits they are looking for and perform due justice.

And, they won't have to worry about the USSR coming to the criminals rescue.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Did you know the internet used be a project fund by the US government? 'We the people', merely Volunteer our information on the web.

So if you don't want to be spied on don't use an ex project.

Yeah it's an unpopular opinion, I know.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Upton33
Did you know the internet used be a project fund by the US government? 'We the people', merely Volunteer our information on the web.

So if you don't want to be spied on don't use an ex project.

Yeah it's an unpopular opinion, I know.

The internet has nothing to do with the news I posted. Please stay on topic. The topic is about how a country should deal with political criminals when it finds them doing something that is illegal and/or unconstitutional.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Great story! Thanks for bringing it to our attention. No mention on MSM of course - don't want to give the "radicals" any ideas.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

wonder why MSM isn't on this one?

This just spurred a thought.. uh-oh..hehe

The elites are probably able to bribe ANYONE..

Lobbyist "psst. hey, great family. You help us, when your time is up, here's a cushy job"

Slimeball politician "erm, ok. and you said I can retire far away in a better country, with tons of cash?"

Lobbysit " yep, you sign when and where. that's all, lift a pen. or don't show up for a vote. Here I'll get you a posh suite, some hookers, and coke."

Slimeball" hey, you have pix of my fun time?"

Lobbyist " sure, we have video and audio. plus she was underage. You sure have a lot going for you, great wife, kids heading to college soon. And, you know how many car accidents there are, tradegy can strike anyone at anytime. we are still friends right?"

Slimeball " what choice do I have?"

Lobbyist " nighttime drive down highland?"

edit on 22-8-2013 by HanzHenry because: letters

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

That is their game. Blackmailers and greedy idiots battling it out at our expense.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
You can't stop the corruption because even those who are supposed to stop the corruption are themselves corrupt... it's a catch 22.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Yeah that's not how America deals with our corruption, we just ignore
it and pretend to still be free, all the while handing over what little
freedom they allow us to keep because of the big bad terrorists.

Saddest part of this entire farce of a government we have is that
the terrorists have already won, they have sold fear so well that
our freedoms have been taken away, what a sick sad statement
about our country, we allow others to dictate what we do because
of fear.........

Who really cares about safety if you have no freedom to enjoy
it with, i am just waiting for my standard issue government Nerf
car, house and work environment. We have a bunch of cowards
in our government, whether or not you agree with their actions
the fact that they are motivated by fear is clear.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Excellent find 2manyquestions. American media has no interest in undermining their sugar daddy's. It's simply not in their best interest to tell us what's happening outside of our bubble.

I kind of feel like I felt during the late 80's right before the lid popped off in Eastern Europe and the Wall fell. The corruption and manipulation and the tyranny being imposed on people just isn't working anymore and the sheeple occasionally wake up and drag the defilers out of office. Unfortunately new defilers and manipulators show up and take their places. But is seems like the momentum is changing. It seems like it's not taking as long for sheeple to push back. The internet has accellerated the process. So keep posting and tweeting Boys and Girls! And don't forget to shine your flashlights into all the corners. They can't run away forever!

A similar thing happened not too long ago in Iceland. It didn't make everything perfect there but it got some of the deadwood out.

I think we are seeing the same kind of erosion here in the US. The sheeple are fed up and I expect that many like myself have decided to just walk away from the insanity as much as possible and the momentum will destroy these monsters from within. Evil and corruption just can't sustain itself without victims and willing participants and many of us are just not willing to be either anymore.

Render unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's, but Never Swear Fealty to Him!

edit on 23-8-2013 by sharkman because: Poor Grammer!

edit on 23-8-2013 by sharkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sharkman

The corruption and manipulation and the tyranny being imposed on people just isn't working anymore and the sheeple occasionally wake up and drag the defilers out of office. Unfortunately new defilers and manipulators show up and take their places.
edit on 23-8-2013 by sharkman because: Poor Grammer!

edit on 23-8-2013 by sharkman because: (no reason given)

You are right that others will try to take their place, but the point of holding someone accountable for their crimes is to scare the next guy into realizing that he is not immune to the law. This is why citizens need to work overtime and keep an eye on their Governments. These are PUBLIC SERVANTS, not royalty, not dictators,.... they are there to oversee matters and make sure to act in the citizens interest, not their own. If I find an employee slacking off or stealing, I fire them. Same goes for politicians.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schillinger
You can't stop the corruption because even those who are supposed to stop the corruption are themselves corrupt... it's a catch 22.

As long as people stay vigilant and don't let these public servants get away with it every time, it will keep it down to a minimum. You can't root corruption out 100%, but you certainly can't leave it running rampant like we do here in the U.S. These arrests serve as an example to the next guy/girl in line who thinks they'll act in self-interest only.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

There is an inherent problem with power, it corrupts even the most virtuous of us! So even after we remove the
corrupt people from power how do we instill this does not ever happen again? As long as we let a minority of
people make our choices then we will forever find corruption as a problem of our republic! As a matter of fact
our republic is more like a corporation then a republic where the only people who truly matter are those with
money invested into it! People need to take responsibility for the direction they want this country to go and not
just elect those liars into office that make empty promises!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom

There is an inherent problem with power, it corrupts even the most virtuous of us! So even after we remove the
corrupt people from power how do we instill this does not ever happen again? As long as we let a minority of
people make our choices then we will forever find corruption as a problem of our republic! As a matter of fact
our republic is more like a corporation then a republic where the only people who truly matter are those with
money invested into it! People need to take responsibility for the direction they want this country to go and not
just elect those liars into office that make empty promises!

Like I said above, there's no way to root out criminality 100%, but in our case it is completely out of control. What you describe is what happened in the Czech republic....which is crony capitalism. This is why these people had their money and homes seized. You hit them where it hurts, you take their money and throw them in jail. You don't let them live out their lives in comfort. Notice the investigators said it would take "weeks" to get to the bottom of this. Weeks? Weeks?????? It would take YEARS for this kind of scandal to get resolved in the U.S.! The criminals would likely die of old age before they were sentenced (if at all)!

We can't be lazy about this. We can't throw up our arms and say "it's impossible". It is not impossible, as you can see. It happens all over the world and most recently in what is a 1st world country, not the 3rd world where power grabs happen on a weekly or monthly basis. The Czech Republic is as stable as any other, and this is why it is so important to learn from their example.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

when tempted with 2 choices:

a. take the money, have a good life, kids don't die.
b. snitch on us, you DIE or are DESTROYED, family at risk of death, no $$$ ever. Plus people won't do anything about it. Because they are under the same deal.

let me end here, this is why I stayed off having an acct for so long.

people, you have absolutely NO CLUE the things spooks have gotten young soldiers to do that are "off the books".

only perhaps 3 out of a 2,000 man unit, TAD'd to somewhere, asssigned to work with _____; ever are part of it... And most either 'join' when they get out, or drink themselves into suicide. Young eager guys looking to 'go that route' just hit the military lottery. The Lifestyle that books and movies are made off of.
edit on 23-8-2013 by HanzHenry because: numbers were off

edit on 23-8-2013 by HanzHenry because: more editing needed

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
That's pretty cute. It should save them a few years, perhaps a decade before they'll have to do it again.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by HanzHenry

when tempted with 2 choices:

a. take the money, have a good life, kids don't die.
b. snitch on us, you DIE or are DESTROYED, family at risk of death, no $$$ ever. Plus people won't do anything about it. Because they are under the same deal.

let me end here, this is why I stayed off having an acct for so long.

people, you have absolutely NO CLUE the things spooks have gotten young soldiers to do that are "off the books".

That is why their punishment should be especially swift and severe when it is discovered that they have blackmailed individuals into doing the horrible things they have done. They need to serve as an example of what happens to disgusting psychopaths who attempt to destroy the lives of others through these means. This is why it is so important to destroy agencies like the NSA who have access to blackmail material on basically ANYONE in and out of power. They hold all the cards until Americans become angry enough to do something about it.

Nobody is going to come to our aid or interfere. It's on US whether we let it continue unpunished or not.
edit on 23-8-2013 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
That's pretty cute. It should save them a few years, perhaps a decade before they'll have to do it again.

"Cute"? That's the kind of attitude we really need right now. It's actually really sad that this attitude has been adopted by many Americans. That is why the current and past administrations literally get away with murder.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

biggest question of all time.. IF Franz Ferdinand was the leader AND his murder brought about a world war,
what happened after JFK, biggest man/stage gets clipped in broad crowd filled daylight.. (back and to the left).. from BEHIND??

And that then, ---->afterwards, the massive L S D (hmm, who made that) and counter culture springs up.. and
coincidentally the same demographic that has historically been the catalyst of revolution just happens to be the one group who, OUT OF NOWHERE, gets all hippy'd out, and DOES NOTHING MEANINGFUL,,, or else there would be more and more hippies every decade. the 'real hippies' sold out for $$$, selling your entire nations future with it!!

.. way to go baby boomers!

edit on 23-8-2013 by HanzHenry because: spelling

edit on 23-8-2013 by HanzHenry because: glitch.. the word '___' looks like '___' weird..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join