It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf of Mexico 3 years after BP Oil Spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This is just so sad, and alarming if you eat Gulf of Mexico sea food. I know those who depend on this industry want everything to be ok, and for people to not worry, but after watching this, I would not touch it:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

I saw an article explaining the "dead zone" created from the oil spills as smaller than expected, I saw the deadzone and it was large, large enough to have me overly concerned with ingesting seafood from that area.

Now I'm not sure if this deadzone was caused directly from the oil spill or the oil clean up attempts, they unleashed an oil consuming microbe that some have speculated is destroying all life in the gulf.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
So tragic, such a shame that such things happen on our beautiful planet. Breaks my heart.

Good God, who would eat that seafood?????

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
What a shame. It is sad to think that the gulf life is under stress. Not only the oil spill but the flooding that washed a lot of the chemicals we sprayed on the earth into the gulf. It also left a caused sewers to leak and chemicals from the dumps to leak into the rivers, ending up in the gulf. It can't all be blamed on BP.

We need to stop making all these toxins and spread the livestock around the country more. The super meat processing plants are concentrating natural chemicals in too small an area. I know I may as well talk to the wall, but at least it makes me feel better to say it.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Tragic, not only for nature and wildlife, but for many people from the great state of Louisiana. Those folks have had a rough decade.

Hopefully something is learned. Billions of dollars supposedly spent on clean up, but it seems like the damage is irreparable.

edit on 22-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I love this silly propaganda and the ignorant responses it evokes. Sorry guys, the Gulf is largely ok. There is still sunken oil here and there, which occasionally rises. But that is quite rare. Obviously BP needs to be punished for harming the folks who live by fishing and for causing our agenda driven President for further destroying jobs with his ill conceived "moratorium" which has empowered the huge corporations by destroying many of their smaller competitors (You know, the ones that actually comply with safety regulations). But BP won't be punished, as our federal courts drag the case on exactly like they did with Exxon. It is how cronyism works and why faux "environmentalism" agendas like this one do nothing more than assuage the weak emotions of mindless narcissists and enable corporations they pretend to hate while catering to authoritarian centralizers like our President and his thugs.
Please, rather ignorantly believe some propaganda, actually visit the Gulf Coast and see for yourself how incredibly phony this video and its sentiments are.
With your own eyes.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Highest echelon board meeting in the Halls of BP:

"Thats very disturbing. Is there anything we can do to stop it?"

"Might be too early to have anther such catastrophic release. People would figure it out."

Well then, is there any way we can leak a little from a lot of rigs and go at it that way?"

"No. The sheen on the oceans surface from multiple smaller accidents would give away the show.

No, I'm afraid the only way we will ever be able to stop this banter about the wildlife is to have another huge "whoopsie". As long as we are open about it in the press like last time it should be sufficient to kill all wildlife in the Gulf and then we can operate with impunity."

"Yah. people won't care anyway. Just another oil leak in the news."

"Sounds like thats the best option. So, who is going to sacrifice one more rig?"

"Pick one. Theres only 4 thousand out there."

"Drop in the bucket. Hell, Tepco got away with murder, right? Why shouldn't we?"

"One ocean wasteland coming up."

"Do it. Meeting adjourned".

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

Silly propaganda? I was in St. Bernard, Louisiana a couple of months ago and took to time to walk the shore lines of the area. You dig a couple inches down and you will find oil.

Am I still ignorant or did I strike it rich?

edit on 22-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Why are the people along the coast getting so ill? Why have some died after swimming in the ocean in the last few months? They came out with some crap on their skin, then brown good came out of their ears and they died later. The media is covering it up. Anyone notice the death of the guy from BP who was the go between? Might have been just an accident, but it did seem odd.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Same in Gulf Shores Al. If you dig around under that sparkly white sand you will find it. You can also find it in the drains of every single condo in GS and Orange Beach. My gf works in condo mgmt. the staff will not walk onto the beach unless they must. Every single bath/shower drain has tiny bits of oil goo. I give it another year or so before the cancer blooms go off the chart. Boycott BP into extinction. Or atleast until they settle all outstanding claims. And remember.....

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Its amazing how these events keep happening. Why do we still rely on oil when we know what can happen. Tankers are not the ideal method to transport oil, but alas no one has come forward as far as I know with alternatives.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Sad, and sad that it has to come to ATS instead of the world's news media reporting on the aftermath and the horror that continues.

As for the people who still eat "seafood" from the gulf, what are they thinking??? Common sense alone says that when you dig into the sand and find oil and other toxic substances that you don't eat anything that has contact with the gulf bottom or even its waters.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
And Still to this day people dont see the conspiracy pmsl.
conspiracy you say?
I say yeah conspiracy as to why corexit was used instead of Sea Brat as an oil dispersant.
I posted a thread here on ATS ALL THE PROOF IS IN IT. MODS MAY WANT TO HAVE A READ AND THEN PASS IT ON.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Is this your thread you just mentioned? Seems to be it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Might sound far fetched, but this is a conspiracy website. Let's see, The Gulf of Mexico is pretty much ruined, Fukushima is screwing up the ocean and the Asian carp are at the front door of the Great Lakes. Sooner or later there's going to be a big enough dent in the supply of fish and it won't meet the demand. In steps the corporations to buy up smaller inland lakes and open up massive corporate fish farms, [Like they did with the cattle, hog and chicken industry] They won't be able to control it all, but half a loaf is better than none. I'm not saying these things are being allowed to run amuck on purpose, but if things gradually get worse, the fish we eat are going to have to come from somewhere. Would corporations ruin nature in the name of profits and control? [Yes.] All my opinion of course, but if anything else "accidentally" happens to OUR waters in the coming years, I'm digging a pond.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by korath

So, time to stop eating any fish or the rest of the sea dwellers - coming from a vegan who used to like tuna, and I don't think anyone has marketed a soy tuna yet, but give them time. But even if I weren't vegan I think I would have stopped eating "seafood" by now. Way too risky, and I for sure wouldn't serve it to my family or friends.
edit on 19-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join