It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasdaq halts all trading

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

The UTP SIP experienced momentary interruptions in quote dissemination across all UQDF Channels from approximately 10:57 to 11:03. All channels are now operating normally.

Status

The ole "UTP SIP across UQDF Channels" trick... get's 'em every time.

Things should be back to normal in 10 minutes.

Sounds like it was a glitch. The question is... what caused it?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Not to mention this, which I find far more disturbing then anything else tbh.

The GOFO rate has been negative now for a historically unprecedented 30 days.
The only conclusion that can be drawn from this situation is that the bullion banks in London are scrambling to find physical gold that can be delivered into the massive demand coming from Asia, specifically China. I also believe that the duration and severity of the negative GOFO will translate directly into a commensurate move higher in gold that will shock everyone.
Unfortunately, the best we can hope for is that the next move in gold does not culminate with the cataclysmic currency reset that we all know is coming – i.e. the dollar is replaced as the world’s reserve currency, which will render the U.S. largely destitute:
I’m not worried about how high in price gold is going, I’m worried about what the world around us will look like when it gets there

www.silverdoctors.com...

For thos interested
GOFO :

GOFO is the interest paid if we lend gold and borrow US$ for the same period. If we split this swap into its two components, borrowing US$ and lending gold, we see that GOFO is approximately LIBOR minus the Gold Lease Rate (GLR). This assumes that the two pieces of counter-party risk compensate each other, namely the risk that the gold is not returned and the risk that the currency principal is not paid back. LIBOR is the London Inter Bank Offered Rate, the interest on an unsecured US$ loan, and GLR the Gold Lease Rate, the interest on an unsecured gold loan.

victorthecleaner.wordpress.com...

reply to post by Zarniwoop

Zerohedge suggest AAPL was the cause
www.zerohedge.com...
edit on 22-8-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

Better call in Batman........

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Gotta love that delicious data desynchronization. What a mess to cleanup.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It didn't take long lol.

This is highly entertaining and mildly informative

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Zerohedge suggest AAPL was the cause

The timing was right.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
FBN reported there was an issue with a massive trade on Yahoo so they shut down trading???

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Fox news is talking about it now. "Trading resumes". Flash Freeze? 3 hour halt? We are still waiting on a reason? hmmm, is this the same as saying they are still trying to come up with a believable story. This sounds really fishy, and I don't like fish!

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
No one has a clue what's happening. Man I would love myself a good financial collapse right now. Head to the hills and start milking goats lol!

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
It didn't take long lol.

This is highly entertaining and mildly informative

This is what happens when you fudge your bottom line in order for it to be called a "reference point". Sooner or later, reality catches up. Just ask China, they'll tell you all about it.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Wondering why the ES is soaring? Because the NYSE just broke too.

NASDAQ HAS DECLARED SELF HELP AGAINST NYSE ARCA (ARCA)
NASDAQ DECLARES SELF HELP AGAINST NYSE ARCA AS/OF 15:26:42 E.T
NYSE ARCA HAVING DIFFICULTY PROCESSING OUTBOUND TAPE C QUOTES
And BATS too:

BATS HAS DECLARED SELF-HELP AGAINST ANOTHER MARKET CENTER
BATS SAYS ROUTING TO NYSE ARCA HAS BEEN SUSPENDED AS OF 15:39
An absolute circus meant only to preserve confidence in a rigged, manipulated system based on incorrect electronic trades.

Sauce Zerohedge,

Can someone please be so kind and explain what this means? I haven't got a clue

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Apparently NYSE and BATS are down now too?

NYSE break after NASDAQ

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It is really nothing .. ..

It just means .. . . Boy we sure are glad we keep all of our money buried in Ball Canning Jars.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

I found this explanation for self help in an old CNBC article...

In response to the statement that the Nasdaq had declared "self-help" (refused to route orders) against NYSE Arca, NYSE spokesman Rich Adamonis said, "There are all kinds of false positives for self help, and people declare against us sometimes for no reason at all."

Self-help can occur when there is any variation in data transmission, for example if data transmission occurs in 1 millisecond, and if it moves to 2 milliseconds, exchanges can declare “self-help” even if the rest of the world is doing the same thing.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko

Does anyone know what his referring to? Hindenberg omen perhaps?
thought this was interesting comment aswel Cluster # of Hindenburg omens, market halts, 10 year spiking, closed door presidential economic meetings, bullish

lol, I wrote that on zero hedge.

I was writing about how many hindenberg omens there has been in the past 2-3 weeks.

by the way, 9/11 was 11 years, 11 months and 11 days ago..........
edit on 22-8-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Michael Snyder
Economic Collapse
August 14, 2013

Source: US NAVY, via Wikimedia Commons
Are we heading for a major stock market decline? Warnings about a crash of the financial markets are quite common these days, and usually they don’t materialize. But this time may be different. A number of top analysts are pointing out the fact that the biggest cluster of “Hindenburg Omens” has appeared since the last stock market crash. And those that have studied this insist that the more “Hindenburg Omens” there are in a cluster, the stronger the signal is. Meanwhile, another very disturbing sign is the fact that the yield on 10 year U.S. Treasuries is starting to soar again. On Tuesday it shot up from 2.62% to 2.727%. As I have written about previously, the yield on 10 year U.S. Treasuries is the most important number in the U.S. economy right now. If that number continues to rise, it is going to be very, very bad news for the financial system.

No problem as long as the western economies can get cheap credit due to market manipulation. But what happens if governments have to raise taxes to pay higher returns on their borrowing,

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
3 hour halt on the 22nd? 322?

Evidence the pesky illuminati are at it again?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
People has forgotten the infamous "panic button" that was instituted after the 2008 crash, also forgot that now that the markets are digital anything can be manufactured to make sure that everything looks just peachy.

The markets has not been truth to their value since digital trading took over.

A Big Red Panic Button for Stock Exchanges

www.cnbc.com...

Why High-Frequency Trading is a Scam

www.wallstreetinsightsandindictments.com...

Do you trust Walls street?

edit on 22-8-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
the nasdaq stopped at 12.14 and resumed at 15.25 est up 0.9 at 3.633

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Whenever 0bama called in all the financial czars & heads oif agencies... gold went up some $200 in a matter of days after that WH conference PowWow

0bama again called in all his top brass of every agency that controls our lives into a conference yesterday plua a day... and what happens.... there's a major glitch in NASDAQ

some have speculated that all the cabinet/ department / Agency heads were told to get ready for the collapse of the dollar...
or the treasury notes...
or the seizing of bank accounts ...
or the seizing of 401Ks

and the NASDAQ just primed the pump for us to become desensitized to systemic failures all across the board to help cover up the real managed collapse or wealth seizures coming before 1 Oct at the latest (inho)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join