It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets from Lebanon hit Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Take the source at what it is..

At least three rockets launched from Lebanese soil have hit Northern Israel. Israeli Defense Forces confirmed they intercepted one of the rockets.

Eli Bean, director of Israel's Magen David Adom ambulance service, said no one had been hurt.

"There are no casualties. There are no indications or reports of anything hitting any populated area," he said on Army Radio. .

SOURCE

Hopefully, this will not lead to an escalation.

Lebanon has already been consistently in Israel's cross hares over accusations of allowing the supply arms and troops to Syria by Hezbollah, who have not claimed responsibility.

Speculation is that this could be retaliation for Israel's crackdown on the Gaza strip amidst the reopened "peace" talks.

Is this the pretext needed for intervention? This coupled with the latest condemnation of the alleged chemical weapons attack by the Assad regime, which now has drawn fierce demands for invention there as well...

ETA: Linked wrong source, while looking for corroborating reports.

This tweet is troubling

1st time sirens surrounded in this area since second #Lebanon war

Alluding to the past Lebanese war?

edit on 22-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: Update source

edit on 22-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Too bad that information from that region is completely unreliable.

Could this be true, yes.

Could it be a lie, the excuse izrael will use to attack its neighbors, of-course.
edit on 22-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I think it's gonna be alright.

Last updated: 14 January 2009

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

At least three rockets launched from Lebanese soil have hit Northern Israel. Israeli Defense Forces confirmed they intercepted one of the rockets. No injuries have been reported.

The Iron Dome missile defense system cut off one of the rockets that were allegedly fired from a town near Tyre in Lebanon to the north.

Haaretz newspaper cites Lebanese media that reported two rockets had been launched. There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack.

Residents of the Nahariya and Acre area in northern Israel reported hearing air sirens and explosions, the newspaper says.

rt.com...

Running now, I don't think its gonna be alright lol

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Apologies, source updated. Was looking for corroborating reports.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

...because absolutely everything in the region is the Jew's fault right? Hamas doesn't really have their destruction to the last man as their mission statement and written right into their Charter...right? Hezbollah hasn't started war before... huh?

In this case though, it really DOESN'T make sense because Hezbollah is very much occupied in making sure their happy homes in Lebanon don't suddenly get a hostile Syria develop that pushes THEM into the sea next. After all, Hezbollah isn't quite the 'right sort' to be allowed the privilege of living to hear the fanatics talk...and isn't that a hell of a thing. The radicals aren't the right flavor of radical for the OTHER radicals. You can't make this crap up.

Israel also have EVERYTHING to LOSE right now by a war in the North. Syria isn't something they really need smashing them flat like roadkill because BOTH Syria and Lebanon go up together, at the same time. Sorry..this doesn't even pass a logic test.

I'm thinking independent action by a Hez unit or they were outright set up by shots fired from their 'area' but not by them. The FSA would *LOVE* to see Israel very very busy, fighting for it's life. It would take a lot of factors off the table as even the US would have to shift attention to the more pressing issue of world peace, which war involving Israel tends to threaten in a way only that situation really can.
(Not to mention a LARGE number of U.S. military forces both in Israel and in the Sinai with UN peacekeeping forces...and all would be 100% focused on the NEW fight...leaving Syria neglected for awhile)

Hopefully they don't fall for the cheese in the trap.
edit on 22-8-2013 by wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Ah I see I see. Either way, I never worry about rockets being fired into Israel cuz the rockets themselves are complete fail, just Wikipedia them, & Israel now has the Iron Dome.

So I think it's gonna alright, for Israel that is. The terrorists should watch out for drones.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think that the Israel military has technology that scrambles the missile guidance of the missiles that other countries have. This would cause the missiles to hit the wrong targets. This is a case where new technology would be a hindrance to the success of a missile. I am sure that the USA has the same technology. In the event of a nuclear war, this would not work well though, as the miss of a missile by forty miles would not interfere with it's overall effectiveness.

I am sure the jamming can be jammed too if the other country thinks of it. Maybe I shouldn't be mentioning this

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I suppose gassing all of those Syrians didn't rile up enough warmongering sentiment, so let's fire some rockets at Israel to get everyone mad and ready for war!

I think it should be obvious to all of us now that the west will surely be sending troops into Syria in the very near future.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Not sure what you mean.

History is filled with examples of governments staging events to start wars.

Why would the government of izrael be any different? Because as you stated, "theyre Jews"? Not sure what one has to do with the other.

But to address your point, the state of izrael was created through false flag terrorism. Their most notable act being the bombing of the King David Hotel.

Their intelligence service, the Mossad, carries the motto "By Way of Deception, Though Shalt Wage War".

So, yes, its completely possible that the government of izrael is lying.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
So , are you intentionally ignoring Israel bombed Syria several times or you just don't know ?

OR

Israeli weapons and vehicle captured in Syria ?

Or

Recent bombings in Lebanon ?

I think that it would be more like this.

Ride the horse when you can and cry when you can't.

edit on 22-8-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Hello Mideast, I am not sure who your comments are directed at, but if aimed towards me, allow me to reply. I was just posting some news.

Unfortunately, the more I read into this, the more it seems like I was caught up by a over dramatized article. These days, when stuff like this occurs, regardless of origin, I just worry that this will be the provocation needed for things to escalate in a bad way.

And, i think we can all agree we don't want to see that.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
reply to post by mideast

Hello Mideast, I am not sure who your comments are directed at, but if aimed towards me, allow me to reply. I was just posting some news.

Unfortunately, the more I read into this, the more it seems like I was caught up by a over dramatized article. These days, when stuff like this occurs, regardless of origin, I just worry that this will be the provocation needed for things to escalate in a bad way.

And, i think we can all agree we don't want to see that.

hello MDDoxs.

Believe me.

If all people are informed truly and don't seek war , they are war-mongers who should be afraid because they should fight their fight themselves.

These news agencies want to attract people to read their news. So they find the point of interest of people , and they work on it.

Fear , happiness , sadness , sympathy , repeating , fast and furious , are the methods they use to impose the idea of selected group to other people.

My opinion is to stay as far as you can and don't let your heart accept what they want.

No one likes war except the elites , warmongers , bullies , manipulated people.

peace.

edit on 22-8-2013 by mideast because: said hello

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'm guessing that someone needs a fresh infusion of cash/weapons..

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Could this be true, yes.

Could it be a lie, the excuse izrael

Obvious bias is obvious.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Take this for what it's worth, and goes to a previous conversation we had in another thread.

Hamas.Hezbollah Shia groups backed by Iran, and other Shia friendly allies.

So technically those rockets being launched at Israel come straight out of Iran, and it's middleman Hamas,and Hezbollah.

Israel is just a proxy war for Iran, who does arm, and aid the Palenstinian's, and Lebannon is just a staging area for what is going to come.

Sooner or later when the Shia groups get all their little ducks in a row it will be game on then we just have a repeat of East and West picking sides, who really couldn't care less, just their own interest's.

See the middle east charade for what it is people just using each other to get ahead

top topics

join