It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleveland/Lake Erie Cargill Salt Mine Shut Down

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

I am familiar with, and agree with your theory and thread.

I believe that there are numerous changes going on with both the Earth and the Atmosphere that the experts and the scientist haven't even begun to explore let alone understand.......

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda
I checked the Cleveland local media this am...NO further updates have been given on the Cargill mine situation, but I did find this from Fox8 in Cleveland...it gives a bit more info than yesterday's Plain Dealer story did. Most fascinating to me, 2 pull quotes 1) This current shifting is NOT the first time in the 50 year history of the Cargill mine that this type of incident has occurred; and 2) it was mentioned that this shift COULD be due to the "crushing weight of Lake Erie ABOVE the salt mine/seam. Odd, almost hyperbolic wording to me atleast.

fox8.com...

Was too busy at work yesterday to research faultline maps and overlay on Cargill mine map...the seam/tunnels/caves are massive. Here is just a Wiki map of the land side part of the operation:

wikimapia.org...

Again, I hope to have some free time to find the actual footprint of the mine UNDER the Lake and then find faultline.

Fortunately, NO news (updates) I'll take as "good news."

any updates yet on this situation?

also i noted people worrying about the weight of lake Erie on top of the mine and wondering why they think it's so heavy as apposed to earth? any mine with land above it has much more weight on it verses water.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

The water level in the lake is above normal, to my understanding, and being above normal is causing more weight to press down on the ceiling of the salt dome.

No updates as of yet, nothing coming down the pike as far as rumors or speculation. No updates in the news, blogs, google, FB.... zero zip nothing nada.... Super HUSH HUSH at this point. So I don't know if it's because they just haven't figured it out yet, found it was nothing other than the weight and pressure of the water level, or something more doom like. I'm not even sure if the workers are back to work mining, or back to work doing other misc. jobs, or back to work at all.

I'm not sure if the 0 updates and tight lips are a good sign, or not so much. If anyone else has any new/updated information, please do share.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Latest Update I could find.
Cleveland.com

Neil Wells, a geology professor at Kent State University, doesn't have specific knowledge of the mine conditions, but he thinks the chances of a permanent mine closure are "pretty slim."

That doesn't mean something calamitous couldn't happen, he said, as it did nearly twenty years ago in western New York.

I live across the lake from Cleveland and what I have noticed all summer is that we have had a lot of rain. Torrential downpours (89 mm or 3.5 in about 2 hrs) and winds coming from the north. This rain had to go somewhere and was probably pushed across the lake towards this area. This past week the wind has been a southerly one and I noticed yesterday that the water has been driving into the creek and raised the water level here at least a foot.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Wow...such a mass of information. Thank you for posting it all. I will be reading your thread/links on "Dangerous Gases." I have always believed that the Eco system is delicate and one things leads to another.

I don't actually live in the Cleveland area (though I love Presque Isle on the PA side). I have been faithfully scanning online Cleveland media and (to me) i find the lack of news updates stunning. Not in a conspiratorial way, just in a sense of follow up...I'll keep checking though as this event has me uneasy.

And as for the exact totals of water (and weight!) abundance on the Great Lakes this summer, that goes for entire Rust Belt area. Wednesday of this week, my area (SW PA) got 2 1/2 inches of rain in less than one hour. Not the first time this summer. Road closures have become somewhat common & redundant this year due to flooding. Again, I've always felts that one thing in the ecosystem ties to another and another.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Recent update: 45 of the 100 workers to return back to work -

excerpt from the article says: "Klein said later in a telephone interview that the company believes the cause of the convergence is "a geological break" above the mine. In other words, he said, a plate-layer of stone likely cracked, forcing pressure downward."

Cargill resuming operations

new topics

<< 1   >>

join