It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attempting Transparency or "not much to see here, move along"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
or: 'I CON THE RECORD' ( tech crunch comment section inspired)

US Director of National Intelligence has launched a Tumblr site - IC ON THE RECORD with the self proclaimed goal to promote government transparency in the wake of the months-long scandals surrounding the National Security Agency’s surveillance tactics.

My first impression: "these aren't the droids you're looking for ..."

The site informs its readers, stating -

Created at the direction of the President of the United States, IC ON THE RECORD provides immediate, ongoing and direct access to factual information related to the lawful foreign surveillance activities carried out by the U.S. Intelligence Community.

and ...

In June, President Obama requested that Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper declassify and make public as much information as possible about certain sensitive NSA programs while being mindful of the need to protect sensitive classified intelligence and national security[...]

Too late Mr. Clapper, you had your chance. Snowden was only the last (but his leaks are perhaps the most comprehensive) in a longer row of people, that took the opportunity to inform the public about the unprecedentedly massive (and in large parts illegal) full-scale surveillance program in history.

But a fully informed public would be counterproductive, wouldn't it.

Tech Crunch provides a good run-down of this 'new transparency initiative' here:

Tech Crunch talks NSA

edit on 22-8-2013 by talklikeapirat because: now move along

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by talklikeapirat

I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more attention. I guess everyone's just so worn-out tired and cynical about the whole thing that there's just no coherent comment worth making.

This administration can't seem to grasp that they themselves are the only ones left who can tolerate their lies. Indeed, their own pathological blasted lying is the only thing left that's sufficiently "transparent"....

new topics

join