It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geisergate - Cameras Catch Mystery Break-In at State Dept Whistleblower's Law Firm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Quick, someone call the plumbers! Deja vue huh?
Sorry I can't help but laugh, but those of us around during the Watergate days feel like we are reliving that nightmare all over again.

Silver bars, video equipment, and other valuables were left behind. Now take one big guess what was missing? They stole 3 computers and broke into the file cabinets.

The firm Schulman & Mathias represents Aurelia Fedenisn, a former investigator at the State Department's Office of the Inspector General. In recent weeks, she raised a slew of explosive allegations against the department and its contractors ranging from illicit drug use, soliciting sexual favors from minors and prostitutes and sexual harassment.

"It's a crazy, strange and suspicious situation," attorney Cary Schulman told The Cable. "It's clear to me that it was somebody looking for information and not money. My most high-profile case right now is the Aurelia Fedenisn case, and I can't think of any other case where someone would go to these great lengths to get our information."

According to the KDFW report, the firm was the only suite burglarized in the high-rise office building and an unlocked office adjacent was left untouched.

The State Department, which has repeatedly disputed Fedenisn's allegations, denied any involvement in the incident. "Any allegation that the Department of State authorized someone to break into Mr. Schulman's law firm is false and baseless," spokeswoman Jen Psaki said.

Cameras Catch Mystery Break-In at Whistleblower's Law Firm

Newscast with video of suspects. Do you know these plumbers?

edit on 21-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Oh but this case gets tricky tricky... This is the lawfirm that represents Aurelia Fedenisn. If you recall this case, the state department had law enforcement officers camp out on her front lawn and threatened her children. Why? They accused her of stealing State department documents. So how many of you here think this is coincidence?

Ok these gestapo like tactics need to end! I say that this overwhelming coincidence makes it mandatory that a thorough investigation into the state department is performed. And someones head must roll!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

but of course they didn't

I find these press releases ridiculous. Why even bother asking them...or anyone for that matter. If Hitler had ever reached any court...he would have pleaded not guilty...and probably settled out of court.

If I remember the Watergate correctly...suspicions of Gov involvement were outright rejected also...and played like..."outrages accusations"...but the truth these days...has an ugly habit of being just that...outrages.

Oh yeah...I believe...It was just some random junky...going through papers.
edit on 21-8-2013 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

They stole 3 computers and broke into the file cabinets.

They did not steal it. Nothing to be alarmed about. It's just a weekly NSA maintenance of the computers that work off the grid. We can't have any of that nowadays...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
You know what? I just found this listed here on ATS but with different search terms. I could just not understand how something a month old was not posted here. But what is even harder to understand is how we have not heard another peep about this. Hold on and I will look for an update.

Plus I was working on my website pretty heavy duty that week. I usually see every bit of news that comes through this site, and missed this.

But still, this garnered too little ATS attention back in July for how major this really was.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Please do.

Since you touched on the subject, I would also like to hear a bit more about the Aurelia Fedenisn claims. I guess I'll google it a bit...those claims sound...well...like they could be true.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Ok I have an update. The office was broken into 3 times between the afternoon of June 29 and the early morning of June 30!

Interest in the State Department tipster would also explain the multiple trips the robbers made. “They had to come back because they either couldn’t get in a computer, had the wrong computer, or didn’t find what they were looking for,” Schulman said.

Mathias admitted that his computer likely contained the most information on the whistleblower’s case. He told TheDCNews Foundation that it was accessed from another location just minutes after the final break-in.

“Everything regarding the Aurelia Fedenisn case was on those computers,” he said. He thinks the burglars may have been trying to examine new or unreleased allegations of State Department misconduct to determine what information the law firm currently possesses.

Lawyer for State Dept. whistle-blower: Burglars could be ‘Obama fanatic…Hillary loyalist’

Still looking for more... You know this is on par with Watergate, why have we heard nothing more?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Ok so the attorney had the IP's of where the computers were used.

Mathias say he’s got some idea of how and even where the computers are being used, thanks to LogMeIn, software that gives him remote access to the iMacs. He says he even has the IP addresses of where the computers are being used. And, sure, says Mathias, the break-in “has that sensationalistic vibe to it,” but until DPD catches the burglars, he won’t know why the computers were taken. It could be a simple burglary of valuable hardware, or …

The attorneys are working with Dallas police to ID the two people seen in the surveillance video that aired last week on KDFW-Channel 4. But, no, they don’t think it was the government — in part, says Mathias, because “it wasn’t very professional. I really hope our govt wouldn’t do anything like that, and if they would I hope they’d do it in a better fashion. It seems like it wasn’t masterfully calculated and planned out.”

Could this be why we have heard no more? Or was it purposely made not to look professional?
Dallas attorneys repping State Dept. whistleblowers don’t believe the government stole their computers

Still looking....

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Looked like dude has an ID around his neck. If they don't work there thats some kind of badge or fake ID.

ETA: Going thru walls avoids door alarms. They took the time to chop thru the wall. They knew what they were after before they went in.
edit on 21-8-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

You know this is on par with Watergate, why have we heard nothing more?

You know why...and I'm not surprised. If the current gov could...they would very much like to erase the Watergate from the collective public's memory. It serves only those nutty conspiracy theorists...to be reminded again and again and again...that THEY LIE...

Today they found out they have a better way of dodging the truth...call it "National security"...and just don't comment or at the very least...just outright deny it...and leave an impression that you are disgusted by such defamation of character. That get's a lot of sand in the eyes of the casual observer.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Amazing how little attention this story is getting.

I guess while during the election some was claiming to be like Reagan he was really patterning himself on Nixon. But John Kerry has decided to reinstate members of the State Dept that were suspended over Benghazi so I guess Hilary was right her famous words "What does it matter?"

Too bad, it was such a nice little country founded with some great principles, but as Franklin said, "It is a republic if you can keep it."

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Looked like dude has an ID around his neck. If they don't work there thats some kind of badge or fake ID.

ETA: Going thru walls avoids door alarms. They took the time to chop thru the wall. They knew what they were after before they went in.
edit on 21-8-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

Quick thoughts...

VERY interesting case.

It's possible since the whistleblower was making charges about drug use and sexual harrassment at the State Dept. that one of those accused hired a couple folks on the side to find out what was comming and what they had.

These two had to know they were on camera. Interesting that the guy wears a hat facing forward on the way in...then turns the hat around on the way out...both times facing the camera.

What's the logo on the hat? Is he sending a message? Or is it just a generic hat?

They used a hammer to open files cabinets? Also busted through an adjacent wall? Where are the tools? were they on premise?

Both wearing plain white tee-shirts. She's wearing a wig. He a hat.

My first guess is that some drug user at State paid a couple folks to find out what the whistle-blower had on them.
edit on 21-8-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Now there's a great conspiracy. I need to do some further reading, but it seems like quite the scoop.

~tenth

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
You know what? I just found this listed here on ATS but with different search terms. I could just not understand how something a month old was not posted here. But what is even harder to understand is how we have not heard another peep about this. Hold on and I will look for an update.

Plus I was working on my website pretty heavy duty that week. I usually see every bit of news that comes through this site, and missed this.

But still, this garnered too little ATS attention back in July for how major this really was.

When I was posting it and after, I noticed on the net and here, there's just was little interest for some reason. People weren't taking it seriously? Not much as fair as updates as well, just some sources to work with. Well, hopes to more attention this time around. On the former thread, ATS did yield some good information/replies if interested: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

So, you're saying the new plumbing team didn't just break in once...they went back twice for whatever they missed??? Same style, same people? Oh, that makes Watergate look like a deep black covert operation or something. Wow...

If it's all as presented and these are who we all have good reason to suspect they are (names don't matter...roles and who they work for is what I mean) then I suppose we'd call this the 'Audacity Of Hope', wouldn't we?

....could....not.....resist... ...did...try.....really!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by elouina

If I remember the Watergate correctly...suspicions of Gov involvement were outright rejected also...and played like..."outrages accusations"...but the truth these days...has an ugly habit of being just that...outrages.

Wait. WHAT? John Dean, G.Gordon Liddy, the slush fund and Ehrilikman, not to mention, Kissinger. Are you friggin kidding me? Government involvement was rejected? Never was. Woodward, Bernstein, Washington Post and Deepthroat all made sure what you describe was never, ever negated. In fact, wasn't it the first time a president of this country was impeached? So, I'm wondering how you reached that amazing conclusion.

To me, at 51, it was the "beginning" of the American public at large, understanding, that the government was never on anyone's side but their own. Please correct me if you find my information incorrect.....
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake

Originally posted by elouina

When I was posting it and after, I noticed on the net and here, there's just was little interest for some reason. People weren't taking it seriously? Not much as fair as updates as well, just some sources to work with. Well, hopes to more attention this time around. On the former thread, ATS did yield some good information/replies if interested: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanx
This is a subject that should have never been put to rest. And I am a determined person, and if more info is out there, I will find it. I refuse to let this sleeping dog lie once again.

I am mostly interested in who the IP address was tracked to. And did the police go there and "bust them"? I mean come on! Video evidence AND an IP address? I have some other things in mind also, if I am gutsy enough...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50

reply to post by elouina

Wait. WHAT? John Dean, G.Gordon Liddy, the slush fund and Ehrilikman, not to mention, Kissinger. Are you friggin kidding me? Government involvement was rejected? Never was. Woodward, Bernstein, Washington Post and Deepthroat all made sure what you describe was never, ever negated. In fact, wasn't it the first time a president of this country was impeached? So, I'm wondering how you reached that amazing conclusion.

To me, at 51, it was the "beginning" of the American public at large, understanding, that the government was never on anyone's side but their own. Please correct me if you find my information incorrect.....
Tetra50

As I said...If I remember correctly...but before the connection was proven...it was denied vigorously.

Nixon denies Watergate connection

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50

reply to post by elouina

Tetra50

As I said...If I remember correctly...but before the connection was proven...it was denied vigorously.

Nixon denies Watergate connection

I took the meaning of your original post up there at the beginning to which I replied below, to mean the suspiicions were rejected completely, by everyone----of course, the sitting president, Nixon, vigorously denied it.
He really always did, up until the last moment. He was a major planner, and the chief in charge, and therefore, obviously, would have denied it vigorously, until it was proven. Not many criminnals or planners of crime, when first their crimes are uncovered, 'fess up. However, I hardly think it was rejected wholesale by everyone. If it had been, then Woodward and Bernstein, much less the Washington Post would have risked continuing, dangerous investigation, nor would that paper with everything to lose in that city have published what they first did......they began on little confirmation.... it was later Deepthroat contacted the reporter's and began feeding them information.

I stand by my assertion, as well.

Respectfully,
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

If it had been, then Woodward and Bernstein, much less the Washington Post would have risked continuing

back than...investigating journalism meant something.

And...if they did this today...they would have been branded conspiracy theorists.

My overall point is, and I agree with you, nobody will fess up...even when caught...but the naivety of people is what gets to me. People have this romantic notion that if someone is higher up in the hierarchy...that they are somehow working for some holy interest...like...for the people...and that they don't lie. So if he doesn't stand in front of an audience and publicly admits to something...people just don't believe anything...if the dear old president doesn't admit it. And we certainly know...they never admit to anything that could spoil their image.

Because all the lies and deceit being done daily...I'm more willing to believe some nutty conspiracy theories than the word of a president, to be honest.

For instance, because all the lies and deceit by those in power...I am unable to trust the official story of 9/11. How can you trust a known liar to tell you the truth ? Who are the people that trust George Bush...and on what grounds ? Because he is the president and he says so?

Not that I like it that way...but history is the greatest life teacher...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join