It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Department offering CASH PRIZES for making Obamacare propaganda videos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
In their attempts to convince young adults that they need to get insurance for themselves under the new Obamacare regulations, the US Health Department has instituted a new contest asking young people to make propaganda videos to convince their peers to get signed up for Obamacare.

This Fall, many young Americans will have more health insurance options available to them than ever before as the Affordable Care Act (ACA) begins allowing individuals to enroll in new subsidized health insurance plans. Young Invincibles and the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services have created a competition that will tap into the creativity and energy of young Americans while raising awareness about the new law and encouraging young people to take advantage of the benefits of health insurance.

With a prize pool worth up to $30,000, and over 100 prizes to be won, this is your opportunity to shine! Cash prizes will be awarded to the creators of the best videos in three distinct categories; so whether you’ve got a talent for short films, writing a great song, or designing an entertaining video infographic, you can be a winner! Click the links above to learn more about each of the categories and how you can participate.

healthy Young America

Something tells me this will encourage kids to video themselves performing outrageous stunts and getting horrible injuries to prove that they are not invincible. Really great idea there guys.

I guess, with the sequester going on, they can't afford to pay for a big advertizing agency to come up with their propaganda so now, they are resorting to calling on all the young, impressionable, out of work American kids to make up this stuff for them. $30,000 may sound great to some kid on YouTube but its getting this stuff on the cheap compared to what the ad agencies would charge.

I just hope some folks decide to make parody ads showing what a boondoggle the whole Obamacare law is turning out to be and post them to the site.

edit on 8/20/13 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

This Fall, many young Americans will have more health insurance options available to them than ever before as the Affordable Care Act (ACA) begins allowing individuals to enroll in new subsidized health insurance plans

Well this is nine kinds of hydro-chrolo bullsnip.

First off 'Young Americans' are covered under their mommy and daddies insurance until age 26.

Then paying 'cash prizes' for propaganda videos ?

We are paying for this crap !

The inane monomaniacal drivel coming from the proponents of Obama care is astounding.
edit on 20-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I don't agree that we should be giving out prizes to kids to create advertisements for Obamacare. I just want to state that.

However, what if some Republican senators used federal money to give prizes to kids to make "gun safety" videos?

Would the word "propaganda" be used to describe them as well?

Food for thought.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Here's my entry
*blush*

I hope you all like it!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Republicans didn't use the federal government to force people to buy guns and FINE them if they didn't.

So not a valid comparison to make.

Sorry.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Republicans didn't use the federal government to force people to buy guns and FINE them if they didn't.

So not a valid comparison to make.

Sorry.

I might vote for someone who ran on that platform...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Okay, if you don't get a laugh out of this, fair warning, I'm reporting you to the DHS as an infiltrating alien from another planet. You'd just have to be.

Here is my "found" submission... Feel free to pass on the prize money to it's original creator, of course.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ok then. How about if the feds paid citizens and gave away prizes for creating pro auto insurance videos? Would the word propaganda be used in that instance?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by neo96

Ok then. How about if the feds paid citizens and gave away prizes for creating pro auto insurance videos? Would the word propaganda be used in that instance?

There is no IF here as we are talking about WHAT HAS HAPPENED.

The left used government to pass a corporate product and now are making propaganda videos funny that after they just made propaganda legal, are the same people who sold us out to auto insurance companies, and the funniest part of this all ?

IS those same people are trying to FORCE gun owners to start carrying INSURANCE too.

See the pattern ?

OF those corporate fascists spinning their lies excuse me propaganda ?

I do.
edit on 20-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Someone needs to go to Illinois and interview the illegal aliens threatening to starve themselves because they want free organ transplants for obamacare.

Look at these poor people - I need to buy insurance for 1200 dollars a month so the whole world can have free organs.

top topics

join