It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC’s Reid: Opposition to Gun Control is ‘Neo-Confederate’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Supporters of Second Amendment rights are motivated by neo-Confederate beliefs, according to MNSBC contributor Joy Reid.

There’s this sort of neo-Confederate thread that runs through this pro-gun movement and NRA movement,” she said this afternoon while discussing the recall elections for Democratic state lawmakers in Colorado that were spurred by their support for gun-control legislation. Reid also argued that gun-rights advocates and the National Rifle Association are hypocrites because they oppose the new restrictions on gun rights signed into law by Colorado governor John Hickenlooper while advocating for states’ rights and the Tenth Amendment.

Neo-confederate's !

Background checks have to beg government for permisson to own a gun.

High capacity magazines so ?

Why does the police, the military, and the criminals get to have HI-CAP ?

What they never heard of misfires,Jams?

Guess so.

So if certain people were for state's rights then do tell why is there FEDERAL regulation of all firearms in this country ?

So what does that make them?

Since government and those 'federalists' have repeatedly tried to use their 'black helicopters' to undo the US constitution specifically the second and ninth amendments.

If states were supposedly left to purse their own agendas why are they forced to buy one corporate product on one side(healthcare) and DENIED another one (GUN) because they just can't seem to understand those other constitutional amendments.

This is pretty much the pot calling the kettle here with a side order of 'That's racist' with the 'neo confederate' BS.

Guess I have to add 'neo-confederate' to the long list of derogatory labels I get called on a daily basis.

It is amazing how certain people think there is a debate to be had here BECAUSE there isn't and to repeat.

Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed .

And:

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

And:

The powers not delegated by the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Bill of Rights

Firearms rights are clearly defined in the constitution as in already delegated, as to keep their damn hands off them.

So by the MSNBC host's 'argument' so the state's can ban guns then turns around and stays Government gets to force Obama care on people.?

Does that kinda blow her old argument out of the water ?

Are they 'Neo confederate's' ?

Those who push the Care Act crap.
edit on 20-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
How dare you question MSNBC? They are the official news of Obama and Democrats.

Seriously, though, I wonder what they would do if someone started questioning their rights to a free and unregulated press? On second thought, that ship has sailed.

I don't really understand gun control people. They ignore facts and put the public at the mercy of criminals. Now if you support your constitutional rights you are a Neo-Confederate? Wow.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Given what the Union has become? I might take to being called a Confederate as complimentary. Folks here that know more than Cliff's notes of history know that can be said and quite sincerely without the slightest reference to anything racial. There was a WHOLE lot more to that war than slaves ...and again, I think I was just paid a compliment.

(tries on "Neo-Confederate") Hmm.. A little tight around the edges...and it needs tailored a bit. It's not a bad fit though. Thanks Harry!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Pro-government extremism is Stalinistic and Hitlarian. See, two can play that game.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
They can call us anything they want as long as they can't call us unarmed. Come and take it.
edit on 20-8-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The anti gun crowd is funny. You can place what ever label on me you want, doesn't bother me one bit.

I love it when folks call me a "Redneck gun nut" and I reply, "yeah, so, what of it?"... I usually don't get a reply.

S&F Neo.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Meh,

No worse than what I've called anti-gun people.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
More labels to marginalize your opposition. Meh, I could care less what they call me. I'm already considered a potential terrorist because I'm a veteran, a conspiracy nut because I come to this forum, a racist because I don't support Obama and now I get to be a confederate because I like guns. Whatever. All the same to me.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
How badly do leftists want to disarm law abiding citizens?

By any means necessary.

That on-airhead's first natural reflex was to employ Alinsky-esque negative association tactic.

This is called "News" nowadays.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart
Pro-government extremism is Stalinistic and Hitlarian. See, two can play that game.

Or, we can just call them terrorists because they hate our freedoms. George Bush said so.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I've been called worse.... Meh~

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Thats a label that I would wear proudly.. After much self debate, I bought this today during my lunch break.

Del-Ton
edit on 20-8-2013 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)

Edit: Mind you, the debate was not about whether to get a gun or not but which brand to get, as I was heavily leaning towards a S&W M&P 15 but never could catch them in stock

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Sharingan
Thats a label that I would wear proudly.. After much self debate, I bought this today during my lunch break.

Del-Ton

I view the Anti gun crowd like I view the Anti Meat crowd.

Every time I hear them complain, I go eat a burger, for every cow they don't eat Ill eat two.

Same with guns, my knee jerk response is "time to go shopping" every time I hear the whine of gun grabbers.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
Given what the Union has become? I might take to being called a Confederate as complimentary.

There was a WHOLE lot more to that war than slaves ...and again, I think I was just paid a compliment.

Agreed...but fighting to preserve slavery? You can forgive the average Joe for not quickly discounting that abomination to examine the other issues.

Kind of like a politician saying "Yes, I like to text teenage girls pics of my junk, but let's talk about the federal budget".

On topic..."Neo-Confederate"...in as much as the south had/has a disdain for the "arrogance" and "conceit" of the "liberal elite" trying to tell folks how to live and “interfering in their lives” I do see that thread, but that thread can be labeled many things “rural conservative” to “far right”…the mindset is not just confined to the south anymore. Nor are the "liberals" confined to the North.

Otherwise “Confederate” was an intentional or stupid choice of terms and pushes buttons. She is either ignorant or looking to be controversial…either way, who cares what an MSNBC “opinionator” says?....hell, I am “liberal” and I give MSNBC about as much attention as FOX Opinion shows…which is none.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by KawRider9
The anti gun crowd is funny.

Originally posted by Helious
They can call us anything they want

Originally posted by TheWrightWing
How badly do leftists want

Apparently this blogger/MSNBC commentator is the spokesperson for a lot of movements?

I mean...suddenly she speaks for anyone in the country that would like to see further gun-regulation of any type and the "leftist" movement to boot?

Or are the broad-brushes and gross over-generalizations just here for rhetorical convenience?

Kind like she did with that remark?
edit on 20-8-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Supporting infringement on the second amendment rights is called breaking the law and conspiracy to commit a felony.

Supporting the second amendment is called being a constitutional constructionist.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
Supporting infringement on the second amendment rights is called breaking the law and conspiracy to commit a felony.

Some folks always begin the debate in the wrong place.

Supporting the killing of unborn children is supporting murder.

What if you don't consider a zygote an unborn child? See...the crux of the disagreement is skipped to avoid the real debate.

"Supporting infringement on the second amendment rights is called breaking the law "

The vast majority of those who support regulating guns in America also support the 2nd Amendment as they interpret it...."well regulated"...

Your premise was your conclusion to the debate...thus skirting debate all-together.
edit on 20-8-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

MSNBC’s Reid: Opposition to Gun Control is ‘Neo-Confederate’

Ummmm............ thanks

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

lol.. Of course you're right and I would never choose Confederate anything to label myself with. Even if I did see it 100% outside the realms of race, I'm a California boy at heart and by Birth. It's not even my heritage, despite living in the middle of it later in life here. Oh, the war is..of course but not the passion with which Union and Confederate are still tossed around sometimes in this part of the country.

If they want to be trolls and go assigning labels though? Well.. heck. I'll catch their lemon and make a tall glass of lemonade with it.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

"Supporting infringement on the second amendment rights is called breaking the law "

Yep because the constitution is the highest law in the land and the second amendment is the only gun license/permit anyone needs, and the ninth clearly states that any 'authority' the us government claims to have becomes null and void to DENY or DISPARAGE(Restrict) any rights, even those not specifically listed.

The vast majority of those who support regulating guns in America also support the 2nd Amendment as they interpret it...."well regulated"...

The 'vast majority' support 'regulating' the state having the ability to wipe out the lambs at anytime they want ?

That dog don't hunt.

What they call 'well regulated' can be seen as the military,the police,federal agents, and criminals all being better armed than the average gun owner.

That 'well regulated' can be seen as the government arms drug cartels,ME dictators, and terrrorist's elsewhere in the world anyone they deem to be friendly.

Cognitive dissonance is what that is called as they give other people elsewhere the very things they deny us, WE THE PEOPLE.

If that is the idea of what the 'vast majority' see's as 'well regulated' well that can't get any more asinine.

So the 'vast majority' supports violating the civil rights of millions Americans eh?

I don't think so.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join