It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Hurt, 1 Seriously, in NJ Naval Weapons Station Explosion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

They arent letting on to what caused the accident, its probably something rather trivial to be honest. The explosion was small and confined to a warehouse by the look of it. The critically injured person is probably the one who dropped whatever it was that exploded.

An explosion at a New Jersey naval weapons station this morning left eight U.S. Navy personnel hurt, one seriously. Crews rushed to a boat house at the Naval Weapons Station Earle in Colts Neck Township, Monmouth County, N.J. around 9 a.m. Crews were doing routine maintenance on a boat when the blast occurred, according to a press release from the Navy Region Mid-Atlantic Office.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
"...Hey Boss! I found a pin here that might work for what you need! It came out of a stupid round thing in a box back there that just said GREN on the side. What a silly name huh?"

(boom)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
"...Hey Boss! I found a pin here that might work for what you need! It came out of a stupid round thing in a box back there that just said GREN on the side. What a silly name huh?"

(boom)

Sad but probably true, lol

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000

(boom)

"Gren...Huh, must be a typo, I'm sure they meant green. Typical...Oh well."

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It was a maintenance shop. My bet is on welding equipment.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
It was a maintenance shop. My bet is on welding equipment.

Wasn't the sub that burned originally said to be caused by welding earlier in the day. It later came to pass as sabotage.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone on the inside has people trying to take down the USA from the inside, a frontal attack would never work

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Doesn't this story already have another thread, as well as an answer to why the explosion happened or is this a second base in NJ that has had a problem??

ATS Thread

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Yeah, but a maintenance shop? A small one at that? They had the entire weapons area they could have sabotaged, why a minor maintenance shop?

And one sub? That did absolutely nothing to force readiness. If they were trying to take us down, they would hit infrastructure, not military targets. Hitting the military targets like the Miami, and this shop just don't make sense.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I agree, this sounds more like one of the workers had a hangover and just screwed up something....common industrial accidents make more sense then an inside job to destroy America's maintenance shops....

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Working industrial construction one summer as a youth we had an almost deadly situation happen. Some welders had extension cords running over some skids, and these tend to tear up the insulation on the cords. I noticed that one of the cords had caught fire in an exposed section I hadn't noticed.

I shouted, "FIRE!" and pointed at the flame flickering up from the extension cord.

A seasoned electrician next to me saw it too and shouted, "POUR SOMETHING ON IT!" and a cup of coffee was subsequently dumped.

Now, electricity, liquids and humans rarely mix well. Nothing happened, but it easily could have. I was a lowly scaffold/laborer -- and this numb nut was an electrical foreman.

Sometimes the colored stripe on your hard hat doesn't indicate intelligence.

top topics

join