It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good lord, people. Think about what you're believing in!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Just browsed a few religious threads and the religious sincerity of some of you is frightening.

Look, somehow you all cuddle up to the idea of a loving biblical god, beautiful angels, and a place in paradise just for little ol' you. Isn't that special.

Well, if you're going to embrace all the deliciously ooey-gooey stuff with such fervor and unyielding faith, then you HAVE to believe in the malignant horrors that awaits you with the same exact intensity.

If there is a heaven, then there's a hell; a hell with an evil entity so malicious, so malevolent, that he's just drooling at the chance of torturing you throughout all of eternity. Comparing your soul to your physical body, this Satan just can't wait to rape you for a few hundred thousand years. And, as he does this he will dig his claws in and rip your flesh right off your bones. He'll crunch on your fingers. He'll roast you over a searing fire. And then, he'll heal you so he can start all over again. He'll throw you in a dark lonely void for a million years, or until you go stark raving mad. He'll sever a vein in your neck and drink your blood while you are wide awake. He'll make you watch as he does the same gruesome things to your loved ones that also landed in hell. He will delight in your endless screams, screams that will fall on deaf ears from above. You will have no hope, no escape, no relief, no release.

Is THIS what you want to believe in???????? Are you completely out of your minds???????

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Is there a way I can give you all my stars for what you just said here???

Best I can do is S&F

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

What are you, the devil's advocate? If so, it doesn't sell very well.

If you read to the END of the Bible, you will note that it ends, happily ever after in NON-DUALITY where hell and death and the devil are thrown away, leaving only the free flowing living water of eternal life.

The rest of it is to test our mettle, and you've failed jigger, just as abysmally as many if not most "Bible believers".

What you're selling (the duality) I tend to think of as the last lie of the devil.

Therefore you may wish to consider that the entire frame of the Bible is whole and complete, and that it ends happily ever after.

But as a staunch atheist, if you met the God of love in the not TOO distant future, would you accept and embrace God like that of a beloved and beloved other? Because God loves you more than you can at this point, imagine.

I invite your reply.

Best Regards,

NAM
The Bride of Christ aka, Bob.

P.S. It's a valid concern I suppose, but real and authentic unconditional love doesn't deal in fear or threats, so there's an obvious flaw in traditional "Christian" theology/doctrine, whereby Jesus crashed the gate of hell, and did not generate yet another duality of even greater intensity along with an expanded hell. C'mon, do you think we're all idiots?

How could anyone take pleasure in being included in heaven only at the expense of everyone who didn't make it, or who freely chose to be atheist, or who didn't get the memo? That is not my kind of heaven I can tell you that much.

In truth there can be no real heaven including heaven on earth unless and until the very prospect of hell no matter how far removed, is utterly removed, because only then can we be motivated to realize true goodness and love for the sake of goodness and love itself, in all it's reward.

No good Christian therefore argues for hell, nor uses hell as a prod by which to bring people to Christ. It's not "Good News" if there's a catch, that unless you accept, you'll be damned and doomed, forever. That's absurd and pathetic, and God as infinite intelligence is quite well aware of the dilemma and if he hasn't already is in the process of working out a new system of governance which needn't compromise with sin and evil to deal with it appropriately, according to his unconquerable love.

"Hell" ought only be a temporary condition wherein you can ball your eyes out with weeping, wailing and even gnashing of teeth while all your mistakes and all their causes plays out on a big screen relative to what it could have been like had you realized the truth while still on the way. It's a type of self-inflicted torcher bounded within a frame of love, which for many would be even worse than hell.

"I just told them the truth and they called it hell!"
~ Harry Truman (hairy true man)

edit on 19-8-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Is THIS what you want to believe in????????

Pretty much. What's your beef?

Just browsed a few religious threads and the religious sincerity of some of you is frightening.

People have been doing this for at least 2000 years, but you just checked the religious threads and wanted to let us all know what you thought of everyone's religious sincerity? Thanks for checking in on this fine day in August.

P.S. You sure know a lot about Satan and his peculiarities concerning the way he consumes human beings. However did you learn such things?

edit on 19-8-2013 by Bybyots because: too funny.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
oh don,t mention god,they seem to forget that believe in the superior being then the devil tags along for the ride,mind you they also believe that trillions of other planets apart from 1 are dead,don,t figure,god makes life on 1 then sure devil would make life on another,tit for tat.can,t even believe i wrote that cause not 1 bit of it is true.

god v devil?where has there been any proof ?we,ve got a story thousands of years old of god and jesus christ.

why have they went so quiet since?are they on vacation?
edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Who would want to spend eternity with the same people, most of which are boring. No drinks, no cigarettes, no strippers...

Sure sounds like a fun eternity to me.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

okay. well was it christianity that came first though? seems to me that there were more gods to follow before christianity came along. i will go to hel the goddess of death when i die, and Valhalla shall await me

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

in valhalla there will be mead und valkyries

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
On a different tear, what is the ONE thing that can even exert control over the richest, most powerful people on Earth?

Religion.

Yes indeed -- even emperors and kings paid heed to the church. It's a very clever way to control people from behind the scenes.

You tell everyone, "I have it all figured out! I know the answers! I know what happens when you die!" -- That's how you get a little community together, a cult if you will. Soon it grows and more and more people believe it instead of trying to figure it out on their own. When enough people believe it, others join in so as not to be left out.

Then you start telling them that God needs their money, and he'd really appreciate it if everyone built a huge temple to him. It keeps the people occupied so they can't revolt -- and you get a swanky new place to live.

Religion: the oldest pyramid scheme in the world.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Who would want to spend eternity with the same people, most of which are boring. No drinks, no cigarettes, no strippers...

Sure sounds like a fun eternity to me.

I think the idea is that it's life to life in eternity whereby death is only a part of life. In other words that things just keep on getting better and better whereby "no eye has seen nor ear heard nor the mind of man conceived, what God holds in store for those who love him."

And I'm sure that somewhere there's a better world, a better "plane" where sin and evil, and ignorance, isn't so dominant like it seems to be here on Earth.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

I'm not really sure what a Valkyrie is ... but I can put away some serious mead already.

As long as it's a hangover-free zone there, I'm down. Can we sing drinking songs and dance on tables too? If so, I need to pull out my runes and get back to my northern European roots...

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

If you read to the END of the Bible, you will note that it ends, happily ever after
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Biblically speaking: It ends well, but not for YOU. Or me. Or for 99% of whoever has lived and died. It only ends well for the fanatical zealots that pray every day ten times a day, that never think an unclean thought, and deny all earthly needs and desires. Are YOU doing this? Sure, you believe, but do you BELIEVE!!!

happily ever after in NON-DUALITY where hell and death and the devil are thrown away,

Oh yeah! Death and the devil, and YOU are thrown away! And me, and everyone else that fell to their imperfections. Until that time of flushing all of hell down the toilet, Satan has a whole bunch of goodies waiting just for you! He'll bite the skin off your face, suck out your eyeballs, impale you from butt to mouth on a splintery pole. THIS is what the believers in the bible have to look forward to.
edit on 8/19/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/19/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

a valkyrie is a maiden who bears your shield. battle all day, death at night rise again with the sun
edit on 19-8-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well I'm not Christian, Jewish, or Islamic....

But I look at it this way Jigger.

When the soul breaks away from Source and desires experience, it is born through the waters of the womb. In order to experience in this now material vehicle that house the soul - everything is dualized on this plane of existence. For the purpose of experience, growth, change and manifestation. We don't remember source, for the purpose of individualized experience.

Now while here, we contemplate death, and what may lay hitherto awaiting us when breath leaves are body. Because our experience here is dualized, we imagine so of the next too. But there is no dualization once you die and return to the source from which your soul came. The only real heaven and hell . Is made here on Earth for each other to share.

So I'm doubtful of heaven and hell. I'd rather imagine - I just don't know till I'm dead. I personally feel it more pragmatic to believe the soul, lives on after death, and the learn the various ideas that surround what happens after death. Why? Because if I do survive after death, I don't want to become one of the disembodied souls afraid to move on from this plane because I'm to afraid hell, and return to source. Even if that means I'm cast back to this hellish earth to get it right a second go. If anything, I hope we get a choice of various planets and I can come back as a different race other than human.

But don't worry Jigger. Dancing a jig with the devil wouldn't be to different from watching our leaders jerk our chains.

Cirque

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

no it's more complex than that

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

If Christ can get me out, then you're coming with me Pops, and as for those who took away the love of God by threatening hell, maybe we'll leave them behind for just a fraction of a second longer, and the very last out will be anyone who might have tampered with the Bible such that God's children were led astray because someone somewhere down the line f'd up BIG TIME whereby something got lost in translation you could say.

And like I said in the other thread, the problem that the devil has, if there is such a one, is that he is entirely dependent on God, to exist, and yet, God is NOT a torturer or an abuser or a bully.

No you are not the devil's advocate, it is the one who tells you that if you do not accept Christ as your savior, you are going to hell because there's no love in that and because it takes away the love of God who's Great Work is all-inclusive and universal, whether you believe in it or not.

"Forgive them father for they know not what they do."

Forgive the Bible Believing Christians, for we got hijacked by the evil one who sought to turn the tree of life in our midst back into the tree of the duality of the knowledge of good and evil.

Forgive us, as we forgive those who've trespassed against us.

He who shows mercy will have mercy shown him.

edit on 19-8-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

But don't worry Jigger. Dancing a jig with the devil wouldn't be to different from watching our leaders jerk our chains.
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Again, biblically speaking it will be VERY different. The religious tend to think on Satan and hell as a joke, or a naughty little boy living in a bad place. They don't want to confront the truth of what they're believing in, that Satan is a cruel, vicious, wild animal of a MONSTER. They want to downplay that part of their religious beliefs because going to hell will never happen to them. lol

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I believe the forum you were looking for was Rants. This one deals with:

"Discuss all things spiritual and share your own faith-based experiences."

Didn't see anything related to that.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

have you ever spoke to satan? yes? no?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

"Doesn't sell very well"

I don't see how you're in the position to offer helpful critique.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join