It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Jewish Idiom?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   
And that "someone new" needs to be someone who believes the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week with a 1st day of the week resurrection, and who thinks that the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb, and who tries to explain the lack of a 3rd night by saying that the Messiah was employing common figure of speech/colloquial language of the period.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60
reply to post by rstrats

. . . so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

So then do you know of any writing as asked for in the OP?

"The evening and the morning was the first day" in Genesis 1.

Friday, starting thursday evening = 1st "day and night".
Saturday, starting Friday evening = 2nd "day and night".
Sunday, starting Saturday evening = 3rd "day and night".

Jesus was crucified on Wednesday not Friday. The good friday is a ploy to make sunday the day of worship where as God says He does not change so why the change from Saturday to Sunday? It was to distant the church from the Jewish Saturday worship. but then again Jesus has become our sabbath rest every day.
edit on 23-11-2019 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
PhilbertDezineck,
re: "Jesus was crucified on Wednesday not Friday."

That would be an issue for a different topic. Maybe you could start one.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Maybe someone new visiting this topic may know of examples.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
And that "someone new" needs to be someone who believes the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week with a 1st day of the week resurrection, and who thinks that the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb, and who tries to explain the lack of a 3rd night by saying that the Messiah was employing common figure of speech/colloquial language of the period.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Since it's been awhile, perhaps someone new looking in may know of examples.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
"And that 'someone new' needs to be someone who believes the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week with a 1st day of the week resurrection, and who thinks that the 'heart of the earth' is referring to the tomb..." should be changed to read: "And that 'someone new' needs to be someone who believes the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week with a 1st day of the week resurrection, and who thinks that the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb or at the earliest at the moment when the Messiah's spirit left His body..."

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

In the Talmud a part of a day is considered to be as a whole day when calculating certain things. Babylonian Talmud Shabbos page 85A where R, Akiva states that part of a day is reckoned as a whole.

I believe you are mistaken. There is no Shabbos in the Soncino Babylonian Talmud and there is no Talmud named Shabbos to my knowledge.
edit on 7-5-2021 by Seede because: spelling error

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

OY VEY BRO.

I assure you it exists and you can buy it online.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Since it's been awhile, perhaps someone new visiting this topic may know of examples.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: rstrats

I literally showed you a contemporary example cited in the talmud

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
a reply to: rstrats

I literally showed you a contemporary example cited in the talmud

I don't see where you've provided examples (plural) which show that was common to forecast or say that a daytime or a night time would be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could occur.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join