It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Saying FA**OT as bad as Saying "The N Word"?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699
there's nothing wrong with calling a nigga a nigga and a fageot a fageot.

Ass long as I can call the people who use those words "inbred ass hats".

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

and as long as you sit on the side side lines you have no opinion, your a muppet

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
who cares. i say those words jokingly all the time. i have a really good black friend i say "nigga" around all the time. to mess with him ? no. bc i was brought up around that language and it has just become a part of my vocabulary. it's all about context. but if someone is such a woman they take offense to anything i say, despite of context. that makes them a sissy and is not my problem. it is only theirs.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
How about we stop labeling people as other things besides people. I am a Person I have a lot of different aspects to who I am. My skin color just happends to be white, I happend to be attracted to men I also happen to not believe in a Judeo Christian Deity. If you see me as a white gay atheist guy and not as Brian the person you have a lot of maturing to do.
edit on 18-8-2013 by BriGuyTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jupiter869

faggot1 esp US, fagot [ˈfægət]
n
1. a bundle of sticks or twigs, esp when bound together and used as fuel

2. (Engineering / Metallurgy) a bundle of iron bars, esp a box formed by four pieces of wrought iron and filled with scrap to be forged into wrought iron

3. (Cookery) a ball of chopped meat, usually pork liver, bound with herbs and bread and eaten fried

4. a bundle of anything

vb (tr)
1. to collect into a bundle or bundles

2. (Clothing, Personal Arts & Crafts / Knitting & Sewing) Needlework to do faggoting on (a garment, piece of cloth, etc.)
[from Old French, perhaps from Greek phakelos bundle]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
faggot2
n
Slang chiefly US and Canadian a male homosexual Often shortened to fag
[special use of faggot1]

faggoty adj

MMM, calling someone a faggot is like calling them a bundle of wood.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
You'd have to be pretty naïve (or a bigot) to think that either of those words aren't bad to some extent when used in that context. However, I'm not annoyed by that shirt because it uses that word (as childish a word that may be), I'm annoyed because it's painfully unfunny as well as trashy.

Originally posted by xuenchen
I think the best "F" word is....

"Freedom"

as in

"Freedom of Speech"

If somebody don't like it, then don't listen.

So There !!

Really? People are using freedom of speech to justify bigotry again? As I said before, freedom of speech goes both ways. You can make bigoted statements as much as you want, and people call you a bigot for doing so as much as they want.
edit on 18-8-2013 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

People will use anything they can to defend the way they think and their beliefs even if its immature and hateful. It's not about if you have the right to do it, its about morals and if you can feel good about your actions as a person. But if they want to go around judging and labeling people let them. You can't change some ones mind if they arn't open to criticism and can't admit they are wrong some times. And when religion is the basis of that belief as we see all to often people are willing to die for them.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
reply to post by Cuervo

and as long as you sit on the side side lines you have no opinion, your a muppet

Muppets and football? What are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699
there's nothing wrong with calling a nigga a nigga and a fageot a fageot.

Yea, you really just have to avoid calling a bigot a bigot.

Listening to their "freedom of speech" rebuttal would surely break your brain with irony.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join