It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Kentucky 'UFO' explained - Oct. 16, 2012 Pike County, Ky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
At least, that what this News Discovery article says today.

The original ATS thread about this sighting can be seen here: "Mystery object in sky captivates locals"

Google, it is cheekily said, knows everything — even, apparently, the origin of an unidentified flying object (UFO).

On Oct. 16, 2012, residents of Pike County, Ky., looked high in the sky to find a strange sight. Amateur astronomer Allen Epling described it to a local reporter as looking "like two fluorescent bulbs, side by side, parallel, shining very brightly."

"It would get so bright they would seem to merge, and you could see it very clearly with the naked eye," Epling said. "Then, it would dim down almost invisible ... It wasn't anything I recognized. Definitely not an airplane, and I've never seen a helicopter that looked like that."

An article in Wired magazine has revealed the secret behind the mysterious craft: a Google-financed tech endeavor code-named Project Loon. "The people in Pike County were witnessing a test of Project Loon, a breathtakingly ambitious plan to bring the Internet to a huge swath of as-yet-unconnected humanity — via thousands of solar-powered, high-pressure balloons floating some 60,000 feet above Earth," wrote Wired's Steven Levy.

Never heard before of this Google project!

Anyone?

edit on 16-8-2013 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Fiber delivers Internet speeds at 1 gigabit per second, as much as 100 times faster than the average U.S. network. Google is happy with customer responses in Kansas so far and may roll Google Fiber out to a few more U.S. cities

www.reuters.com...

edit: I should probably type something in this field since it looks very important but yes I have seen those videos before and was stumped but I'm glad I did not take the fake bait.

It's very important to remember most everything conspiracy related on youtube is taken from a well meaning source than twisted with editing and music to make it raise suspicion. It's actually a very good way to generate views and blog visiters as long as people do not spill the beans too early.

When this was originally posted an overly curious person would have contacted the original source and asked followup questions to truly flesh the event out and find the truth instead of a perspective.
edit on 16-8-2013 by Knives4eyes because: WORD MONSTER ADD MORE WORDS! GEEEYORRRGH!

By the by, just to add, if google fiber is rolling out in your city soon it is going to be offered for free.
edit on 16-8-2013 by Knives4eyes because: COOKIE MONSTERS

new topics

join