It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Submits Patent For Minority Report Style Eye Tracking Device

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
There seems to be no end to potential uses of technology or the invasion of our once private self.

While I don't like Info Wars the article takes you to the gov patent link.

The patent filing describes a “head mounted device”, for example hi-tech glasses, that would have the ability to track eye movement, effectively monitoring reactions to external stimuli, including changes in emotion.

The patent indicates that Google would use the technology to analyze reactions to advertisements that the user is watching on a television, computer, or other viewing device

“The inferred emotional state information can be provided to an advertiser so that the advertiser can gauge the success of their advertising campaign.” the patent states.

The application also states that users would be able to access a “gazing log” that would track everything they had previously looked at, much like a web browser history log.

So you walk into a store and everyone is wearing glasses and tracking your emotional response to...everything. Maybe it is a man or woman walking toward you. They know your response.

This is sick and the height of greed in our society.

May not make sense but this combined with the facial recognition face book is adding in another year or so really pisses me.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This use of technology for google and the government to track our every location.

I don't like where this is going..

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Clearly Google has abandoned its mission statement of "don't be evil".

They have become the new face of the totalitarian regime.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

To me it sounds like they're saying that the individual being monitored is the one who is wearing the glasses. Not one who just comes in contact with someone else wearing them. Or am I missing something?

top topics

join