It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WEIRD: Decapitated Copperhead bites itself [video]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Ok, so this is weird. This snake met his unfortunate demise when he crossed paths with a man in Huntsville Alabama.

His head was chopped off but what happened next is just creepy...

If you're a member of PETA you may not want to watch this. If you're a scientist how do you explain this?

edit on 15-8-2013 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

I'm no scientist, but I'd say shock is what made the disembodied head bite.

Fascinating stuff.

I recently had to put down a neighbor's chicken which the dog had gotten to. After one swift stroke of the hatchet I watched the body start to flail. I just held it down and said, "go on, chicken."

I suppose it's just shock to the system. I dunno.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Ouroboros

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Perhaps it bit itself to inflict venom upon itself to speed the process it was experiencing. Would you

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
"If I can't have my body, No one can! Ha Ha!"

^^^ His last mortal thoughts.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Isn't copperhead gonna be in the next Batman game?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Looks like a contrictor I may be wrong but does it even have venom....if it is in fact a contrictor why did he cut the head off? It wouldn't have been a threat. If that's the case this guy is a sick individual who did it just for the hell of it.

Sorry I totally forgot about the threads title copperheads are venomous but rarely fatal and aren't very aggressive. I still think it was unwarranted...I'm a snake owner and animal lover so I am a little biased.
edit on 15-8-2013 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jahari

Copperheads are venomous, not sure if constrictors like some tropical living or deep river basin serpents. 1 does not know what the reason for its demise was for however.

Agkistrodon contortrix is a species of venomous snake endemic to North America, a member of the Crotalinae (pit viper) subfamily. The common name for the species is the copperhead. The behavior of Agkistrodon contortrix may lead to accidental encounters with humans. Five subspecies are currently recognized, including the nominate subspecies described here.[2]

Common names for A. contortrix include: copperhead (snake), chunk head, death adder, highland moccasin, (dry-land) moccasin, narrow-banded copperhead, northern copperhead, pilot snake, poplar leaf, red oak, red snake, southeastern copperhead, white oak snake,[5] American copperhead,[6] southern copperhead,[4] and cantil cobrizo (Spanish).[2]

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
That's pretty wild.

I wonder, if the brain is no longer connected to the body, how can the body sense that it was bitten? As soon as the head bites the body, the body reacts to it. Weird...

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yea I didn't pic up on that...that's pretty weird. Maybe its like a ghost limb in us humans. Or the muscles tensing up from the venom. Good catch!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Snake eat snake.

I'm glad they don't regenerate after being chopped up.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Pretty wild xD hahahaha nice one

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

I heard about this on the radio the other day. I was going to look up the video but kept forgetting until I saw this thread.

I think most snakes are pretty cool, except for the poisonous ones. If a poisonous snake, such as these damn copperheads (we have them all over in my area. people are killing these things everyday around here), crawl around in my yard, Im doing the same thing the guy in the video did. Im not taking any risks with those things.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The head bit the body by reflex, and it took multiple contact to do so. The body movement of the decapitated snake was nothing but muscle spasms.

Snakes are amazing animals. There is nothing odd in that video except that the man kept the head and placed it by the body.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes, I couldn't agree more! Ha Ha Ha, "Snake gets the final word / Bite."

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Woah! I've decaped many snakes here in Louisiana. Grew up on a rice farm. I never saw one bite themself though. That's pretty wild.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
DECAPITATIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Because its brutal.

Its a shame that people have to kill these things, but I can understand why. They are very dangerous to the unwary (which is about 99 percent of human kind), and like a bee will tag you wether you pose a threat to them, or wether they just think you do.

Except, unlike a bee, you do not have to have a particular allergy in order for its bite to give you issues.

However, this video, though a little harsh on the snake, is an interesting example of post mortem residual nervous response.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jahari

I'm totally with you on that. There's wasn't any need for that guy to do that.

But in the backwoods of Alabama anything goes I guess

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This might be creepy but my Grandma used to tell me war stories... She said once a solider got blasted by a some rockets.. his body was cut in half by the mid section( upper stomach) flew over her house and fell in front yard...... and he was alive and gasping for water... and died 30 sec later....

Was creepy when i heard it.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

Exactly.... fully agree,,

top topics

<<   2 >>

join