It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare troops planning home visits

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
As I have been reading through this thread, like other posters have mentioned, the potential for abuse concerns me. If a State opts in to receive these funds, they also decide who will be "targeted", I mean "helped" by such a program. Based on the current escalation of intrusions into privacy on every front, people have every reason to be weary of this.

So as I'm thinking about what this actually means, I decide to look into how Canadian Health Care actually works, and if they have such a program. Well, that lead me down a very bizarre path and I discovered I knew very little about how socialized health care actually works, and also discovered I really don't understand how Obama Care will actually work, it's a very complicated Bill as compared to Canada's 13 page bill.....Obama Care is about 1,200 pages. This video makes some very interesting points from the perspective of a doctor that has practiced in both the US and Canada.

I think most people would agree that US healthcare is too expensive, but I would suggest that the reform needed is to stop any influence that Insurance Companies and Big Pharma has in creating "policy" and laws. Here is another interesting discussion with one of my favorite doctors, Ron Paul..

Lastly, I wanted to give an example of a recent observation I made when my Father had to be hospitalized for a neck fracture due to a seizure he had while driving, very scary, and at 76 yrs. old he has lost is drivers licence for now. While I will say everyone was very nice and helpful, I did notice, as did my Father, who is on Medi-Cal, that a lot of wasteful tests, visits to various doctors and equipment were being ordered.

Some examples are needing to see a primary care doctor in order to see the actual neurologist who needed to evaluate him and determine what meds he needed to take. The hospital ordering a bath chair, a walker and a home care nurse to "stop by"...lol...if you knew my Dad you would know he did not need those things, he still walks everyday, was a runner most of his life, never been sick with anything serious. He also lives with us, so he had family at home to help him, although other then reminding him to take his pills and cooking and cleaning he needs very little help.

The point is, had we not stopped those unnecessary things, Medi-Cal would have been billed and of course my Dad would have gotten the bill for the parts Medi-Cal didn't cover. We even tried to recycle the plastic neck brace, which only needed fresh pads to be used again, and they didn't want it back. No wonder Medi-Cal is broke. IDK, it's a complex issue, I don't see Obama Care as the solution and I certainly don't think anyone should show up at your home to "help" you unless YOU request it in an emergency situation.

edit on 17-8-2013 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2013 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join