It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Of The Worlds Most Perfectly Timed Pictures

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Do you think Ansel Adams ever contrived photographs such as they appear here? There are a few in this collection that capture the moment of real life, but sticking your foot in place to give the illusion you are kicking the soccer ball sun is a staged event. It was carefully planned in advance and carefully executed. I suppose there is a place for this sort of thing and they are interesting to look at, but I don't think Ansel Adams would ever have done it. His photographs have a natural beauty all their own without the need for such trickery. And who knows how many of these are photoshopped? You just can't tell, but some of them look awfully suspicious. The eagle and contrails one, for example. He picked that up in real life, did he? Somehow I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Well firstly thanks for dropping by. Ansel Adams was a great landscape photographer. In my opinion the best!. He used immense skill in getting his images with 6x6 large format cameras. Im not sure if you have ever used one of these but i have. And to get quality images takes a great deal of skill. And i sure did not get anything like his. But if he was here today i guarantee he WOULD be using digital images and photoshop as well. Why? Because our society today demands such images at the highest level with a quick turn over. Don't get me wrong. Medium and large format cameras are still used by some of the best photographers in the business, And i agree the colour imaged ones are just fantastic. But im sure he would have used digital to. And i also realised that some are staged. But they are still great pictures what take skill and imagination....And besides as the thread states in the words of the great man himself...There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs
edit on 16-8-2013 by TheDoctor46 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

The pictures that you posted are beautiful. Thank you! S&F I hope it is OK for me to post a couple.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Martin75

Hi there Martin75. Im glad you enjoyed the pictures. No i don't mind you posting a few. I love the ladder one
And thanks for dropping by

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join