It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I bet that you guys cannot remember what you ate TWO OR THREE DAYS AGO...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by icyboy771z

Poor memory is plaguing what was once an intelligent population. I don't know if processing capabilities are declining as well or not....but memory seems to be. This thread evidences that.

Yesterday:

B - ham slices with brown mustard, cheese, and pickles (left over from the prior day
L - A chicken salad
D - Pork chops and asparagus

Day before:

B - the first dose of yesterdays ham
L - A Salmon salad
D - Grilled rainbow trout with a spring mix salad (and bleu cheese dressing)

Day before

B - Peanuts
L - Chopped romain salad with pepitos, bacon, bleu cheese crumbles, and avocado
D - Rainbow trout, meatballs, and asparagus

Day before

B - ribeye and tossed salad (leftovers from the night before)
L - nothing
D - NY Strip with wilted arugula

Day before

B - charcuterie mix
L - nothing
D - ribeye and tossed salad

I can go back a few more days. Then I may start forgetting the order a little bit.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Here's the thing: memories, to me, don't seem to take brain space, or reside in the brain at all.

If i close my eyes, I can recall an awful lot of stuff. Like holding a bottle while standing in the backseat of a car my family sold when I was a year old (a few days after my birthday, when they celebrated my birthday with their new windfall).

I don't keep that stuff in my head. At least, it doesn't "feel" that way.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7
Wow, you need to actually get a life. This is the most irrelevant topic in oh....2 or 3 days!

If we can't collectively remember what we ate 3 days ago,
we can't collectively remember an event the same either to a certain degree.

Perfect for implementing a nefarious agenda no doubt.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Memory is entirely stored in the brain. Consciousness, where you see those mental images, is the brain. More specifically, electrical and chemical signals in the brain. And our memories are faulty (the brain is not a perfect organ). That doesn't mean we cannot correct for some of these deficiencies though. All it takes is being aware of the short-comings of your brain, and then living your life with them in mind.

If the OP is having trouble with their memory, then perhaps working out his/her brain may be able to help them improve those conditions some. There are plenty of websites, programs, applications, and everyday exercises which espouse to do just that.

My old standby has always been lots of reading, and lots of conversation. One uses the brain to store information (plot, characters, events, language, etc), the other uses the brain to recall information (previous conversations, events being discussed, meanings of words, etc). It's not a perfect system, but, I tend to be able to remember what food I ate for the week fairly well, ha ha.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Ok then,three days ago I got up around 10am and had two cigarettes ana a cup of tea for breakfast.Left for work which is around a 30 min drive but I stopped at the petrol station and bought a 20 deck of cigarettes plus two small Galaxy crumble chocolate bars which I munched on the way to work.

At work I loaded my truck,got my paperwork together and left about 11.30am.

3/4 hour later I pulled in at the wee burger van at Brodie and bought 2 lorne sausage roll and a mug of tea.

Cost £5 which is more than anyone else but his Lorne sausage is much tastier,thicker and juicier instead of drying out like what you get from other vans.It's that good I'm dreaming of it the whole 25 miles.

Around 3.30pm I stopped at the garage,Laurence of Kemnay on the way out of Port Elphinstone.I bought 2 Quaver Grab bags and - you guessed it,a cup of tea.lol.

I did Aberdeen,Laurancekirk then Huntly and Buckie,getting back to the depot around 11pm.

I stopped at the chippie going out the road cos hadnt eaten since 3.30pm and it was nearly midnight so I was starving now n got a cod supper,a huge bit of fried cod in batter with chips (fries for the americans).

10 mins later got in,made a mug of tea and lay on my bed eating my chippie out the paper n typically with my fingers.

Withhn 20 mins I was fast asleep,the gf was away so the dog slept on the bed too.

Anyway that's what i ate 3 days ago but if you'd asked last week it may not have stuck in my mind.My short term memory has always been crap,even as a kid.The best description i've heard of it comes from Barleyman Butterbur

'one thing drives out another'

Fb72

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I remember what I ate three days ago: a grilled burger.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by icyboy771z
For breakfast, lunch and dinner.

This is alarming, considering that I had forgotten something THREE DAYS AGO, i'm not talking about 30 years, 3 years or even 3 months or 3 weeks. But THREE DAYS!

Why would we want our minds bogged down with such trivial memories? I say, thank gawd we can't remember. Our minds are always thinking; so, what were all of your thoughts between 1 and 2 p.m. yesterday?

Precisely, what has everyone said to you in the last 24 hours?

How much money did you have in your wallet three days ago?

How many forks are in your silverware drawer right now?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

There is quite a bit of evidence that consciousness is not within the brain. The brain could very well be a connection device.

Since there is no proof one way or the other, we can leave it at that.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I do not know if this is a personal problem or we as humans are built to have failing memories. I can remember what I ate yesterday. Two days ago, I can remember what I ate for dinner, i have a somewhat vague memory of what I ate for lunch and breakfast. Three days ago, I have no recollection whatsoever.

This is alarming, considering that I had forgotten something THREE DAYS AGO, i'm not talking about 30 years, 3 years or even 3 months or 3 weeks. But THREE DAYS!

I'm not sure if this is a problem that is me alone or others experience it too. Although on the other end of the spectrum, I'm sure that there are guys who have super memory (I have a friend who can remember the date of something that happened months or even years ago). Those kind tend to be serious and very analytical with their work. For me, people say that i'm creative and smart but my memories tend to "float" around if you get what I mean.

Anyways back to topic, how many of you guys can remember what you ate yesterday, two days ago and three days ago?

Yes I can.

That's 1 more for those who can.

Are you doing a survey for some statistical figures, whats the purpose?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Sure I can
Let me Think ........
Where am I

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Why would we want our minds bogged down with such trivial memories? I say, thank gawd we can't remember. Our minds are always thinking; so, what were all of your thoughts between 1 and 2 p.m. yesterday?

Precisely, what has everyone said to you in the last 24 hours?

How much money did you have in your wallet three days ago?

How many forks are in your silverware drawer right now?

Exactly, there's no need or reason to remember such trivial things, remembering faces and animals that might kill you is what the brain needs to be good at, and it is. 

I just wish we could forget old movies as easily as forgetting what we ate, id love to watch dawn of the dead or usual suspects again like id never seen them...

edit on 19-8-2013 by doorhandle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Got a good recipe for lemon grass chicken it you guys/girls want it!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Yesterday I ate 2 slices of pizza. The day before I ate 2 grilled onions cheddar burgers from McDonald's. The day before that I ate nothing. The day before that I had a Turkey sandwich and some chips.

Its easy to remember what you ate when you barely eat at all. Lol.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

3 days ago I was out of cigs so I hitchhiked to the store; I got one sprite (which I consumed on the way home) and one bag of chips + a cheap orange soda. Two steaks, with french fries (two different types) topped with remoulade for dinner; with some of mom's white wine on the side. For dessert I had what I'd bought earlier (which my stomach dearly regretted the day after...).

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I can relate to the OP. I can't remember what I ate yesterday, let alone two days ago.
If I had read this in the afternoon, chances are good I wouldn't remember what I'd eaten for breakfast that day.

My memory has been failing me terribly over the years. I'm in my 40's and I can't imagine how it will be in ten years from now. I have problems with both long term and short term memory. My childhood is a blur, and I can't
remember important dates, like anniversary, birthdays, etc. I can walk into a room and forget what I came in there for. If I want to remember ANYTHING, I have to keep repeating it to myself out loud until I can write it down, or retrieve the item.

I used to be amazed at my grandparents, when both in their late 80's to early 90's could remember events from decades before, right down to the day.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood

The rest of you should share your recipes cause some of this stuff sounds delicious.

edit on 16-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

OK...here's one my ex wife used to make when she was sober enough to cook.

Throw a bag of Orville Redenbacher's popcorn in the microwave and set the dial for 5 min.
Cover the finished popcorn with red chili flakes and shredded cheddar cheeze.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Anyways back to topic, how many of you guys can remember what you ate yesterday, two days ago and three days ago?

Monday:
Bkfst: coffee and an egg/caribou burrito
Lunch: Minestrone
Dinner: Asian noodles w/ Halibut

Tues:
Bkfst: coffee
Lunch: leftover noodles/'but
Dinner: Salmon chili

Wed.
Bkfst: coffee & pancakes
Lunch: egg/caribou burrito
Dinner: Papa Murphy's pizza & salad

Thurs:
Bkfst: coffee egg/reindeer sausage muffin
Lunch: cottage cheese/tomato salad & leftover Papa Murphy's
Dinner: homemade huevos rancheros

Today:
Bkfst: Coffee and a bagel with smoked salmon spread

I have a wierd memory. I can remember little things and random things very easily, crap like passwords, names/face, phone numbers, etc I must either use regularly or write down in my day planner or else I will forget them quickly. This has its advantages, believe it or not. In college I could cram the night before a test and almost always got As. It also has its disadvantages as I frequently forget the names of people I've worked with if more than 6 months have passed since I saw them last.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

In all fairness, asparagus shouldn't count as it has a way of reminding you of its presence in your digestive tract first thing the following morning. In a similar vein, beans, cabbage, prunes, beer... all tend to leave their distinct calling cards with you to make sure you didn't forget them.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I can, but then again i have a weird memory for things. Although i have to
admit, i cheat, because on most days i only eat one meal, which is usually
supper, other than that i normally dont eat. So for me to remember is not a
big deal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join