It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I bet that you guys cannot remember what you ate TWO OR THREE DAYS AGO...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
For breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I do not know if this is a personal problem or we as humans are built to have failing memories. I can remember what I ate yesterday. Two days ago, I can remember what I ate for dinner, i have a somewhat vague memory of what I ate for lunch and breakfast. Three days ago, I have no recollection whatsoever.

This is alarming, considering that I had forgotten something THREE DAYS AGO, i'm not talking about 30 years, 3 years or even 3 months or 3 weeks. But THREE DAYS!

I'm not sure if this is a problem that is me alone or others experience it too. Although on the other end of the spectrum, I'm sure that there are guys who have super memory (I have a friend who can remember the date of something that happened months or even years ago). Those kind tend to be serious and very analytical with their work. For me, people say that i'm creative and smart but my memories tend to "float" around if you get what I mean.

Anyways back to topic, how many of you guys can remember what you ate yesterday, two days ago and three days ago?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Wow, you need to actually get a life. This is the most irrelevant topic in oh....2 or 3 days!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by icyboy771z

Sure I can!
Nothing, nothing and, oh yeah...nothing!

See how easy that was?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Sure I can!

See how easy that was?

I'm pretty sure now that this is a problem of society as a whole. We should start implanting memory chips in our brain to aid us!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I can! Each and every week for the past few years except on Friday and Saturday!

I have the same meals each week only different on each day and on the weekend I mix it up. Not all the time but pretty close.

I do not like to waste cycles trying to figure out what to eat. You should see my wardrobe too! LOL I know boring right?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

You just lost that bet. Well, against me

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure it was Budweiser lol....for dinner.....chicken salad sandwich, snicker bar and Mt. dew for breakfast and lunch

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Sometimes I can barely remember what I was doing 2-3 days ago...
If it's not something unusual, I won't remember. It is kinda alarming, don't know if out of ordinary though.
edit on 15-8-2013 by gmacev because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Lets see, three days ago... I had for breakfast a medifast raisin bar, lunch medifast veggie sloppy joe and dinner 8 oz 85% lean hamburger and a salad, two days ago, I had a medifast lemon bar, for lunch medifast eggs and dinner 8oz 85% lean hamburger and mixed steamed veggies. Yesterday, I have a medifast raisin bar for breakfast, lunch a #2 Jimmy Johns sandwich, a pickle and for dinner I had a chicken salad.

Three days ago, I studied all day Cisco CCNA test materials, worked on two of my blog sites and attended a college class, two days ago, I attended my last class for the summer and worked all day and yesterday, I again studied CCNA and played with my DAW.

A week ago today, I attended class in the am and spent the afternoon giving tours at a museum.

Should I go on? I only do not remember something, if it has no real meaning, other than being mundane.
edit on 15-8-2013 by ShadowMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Our brains toss out information that is not really needed. I'm sure if you ate something important, you would remember it.
I actually do remember what I ate the day before yesterday... because it was a sandwich, a granola bar and some cheese and crackers, and a couple popsicles.. because my husband had the car and I didn't want to cook or walk to the grocery store.
I went to bed really hungry then I ended up with a little time in the morning before work to make breakfast, so I was really happy because I planned on skipping it!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I can remember conversations from years ago, so what makes you think remembering meals would be that difficult? Heck I can still remember my crib.
I can also remember being a baby and thinking my older sister was a stupid moron.
Often I used to wonder why my parents treated me like a baby when I was smarter than they were.

I was an adult in a babies body. My mother laughed because she says that I started walking so I could get out of diapers. And she was right! YUK! the second I was on my feet, I ripped that diaper off and never wore one again. So this is how a baby thinks in case no one remembers. For real., totally serious on this one

edit on 15-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
i will be glad when the schools go back

a conspiracy site and we are going on about what we ate days ago aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Three days ago, I had cheese and potato pirogies for breakfast, then treated myself to buratta cheese, on crostini, with basil and tomato in the evenin. I ddon't do three meals... For dessert I had a raspberry puff with clotted cream.
The day after that, I ha pirogies for breakfast again, and a hamburger for dinner, with sliced watermelon radish, lettuce and tomatoes on it.

Yesterday, I had a ham sandwich for lunch, no breakfast, and a bowl of pasta for dinner.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I think the issue is not failing memory, but our ability to disregard unnecessary information. If I wanted, I could probably list all of my meals for the 4 or 5 days, but it would require extra focus on something that is irrelevant. The real trick would be to recognize relevant information at the time it is received, so it would be more accessible in memory.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I should, since I made it:

Thurs night: cuban pork and black beans

Wed night: homemade italian meatballs in a bleu cheese sauce

Tues night: boneless pork chops in mushroom sauce

Mon night: beef bourguignon and baked loaded potatoes

Sunday night:chicken piccata

Hungry yet?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Sure I can.
Yesterday (Thursday) Breakfast: Nothing, since I generally either awaken not hungry, or with an upset stomach occasionally. Therefore, unless I'm actually hungry, I don't do breakfast at all.
Lunch: Big ol' bowl of one of Kashi's cereals (the one with walnuts & black currants, mmm)
Snacks: Banana chips, fruit gummies, more banana chips.
Dinner: Hot dogs. It was a lazy family dinner night.

Wednesday breakfast: Nada.
Lunch: Ham & cheese sammiches, with Black Forest ham & plastic cheese (Kraft)
Snacks: Protein shake, actually. Hits the spot once in a while.
Dinner: Chorizo, mashed potatoes, carrots & buttered bread.

Tuesday breakfast: Big arse bowl of fresh cherries & plain yogurt drizzled with honey.
Lunch: Skipped it.
Snacks: More fresh cherries (I was on a major cherry kick earlier this week)
Dinner: Bacon, egg & cheese sammiches--thick-sliced bacon baked rather than pan-fried, slices of mozzarella & eggs on Pillsbury homestyle biscuits (it's much better than Mickey D's or BK can make)

Hrm, typing it out shows I don't really eat as much as I should in a day even at lunch or dinner. I need to boost the mid-meal snacks some.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I had a Screwdriver for breakfast, a White Russian for Lunch, a Black Russian for dinner with Cinnamon Schnappes for dessert, and a Green Russian for a late-night snack.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by icyboy771z

Originally posted by littled16

Sure I can!

See how easy that was?

I'm pretty sure now that this is a problem of society as a whole. We should start implanting memory chips in our brain to aid us!

You didnt get yours? Please report to your local government office immediately.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I can remember everything I've eaten for the past nine or ten days... beyond that, not so much. But that doesn't trouble me at all. Such memories would be a superfluous waste of brain space IMO. They have no bearing upon learning or adapting really, for the most part.

What we do tend to all always remember is when food makes us sick. How many of us got a bad burger or piece of chicken somewhere, years ago... and still get nauseous if we even drive by the place that served it to us?

IMO the mind is wired to remember that which effects us directly, and to dump whatever doesn't really have any significance.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Anyways back to topic, how many of you guys can remember what you ate yesterday, two days ago and three days ago?

Ribeye steak, grilled medium-rare with bleu cheese crumbles.
Baked golden potato (in oven, not microwave) w/butter, salt & pepper
Grilled zucchini
SweetWater Road Trip (brew)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join