It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lisa Robin Kelly, of 'That '70s Show,' dead at 43, her agent says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

(CNN) -- Actress Lisa Robin Kelly, one of the stars of TV's "That '70s Show," has died, according to her agent, Craig Wyckoff. Kelly was 43, according to her biography on the Internet Movie Database. "Lisa had voluntarily checked herself into a treatment facility early this week where she was battling the addiction problems that have plagued her these past few years. I spoke to her on Monday and she was hopeful and confident, looking forward to putting this part of her life behind her. (Wednesday) night she lost the battle. Cause of death has not been issued yet and no death certificate has been issued either," Wyckoff said. Kelly played Laurie Forman, older sister of Eric Forman, played by actor Topher Grace, on "That '70s Show," which ran from 1998 to 2006.

Source

Sad day. I enjoyed that show, and although didn't particularly like her character, I hate to see actors/actresses of shows or movies I enjoy pass. Although I doubt the agent is lying, nothing has been confirmed as of now. After reading some of the comments it appears she took a bad turn somewhere and was on drugs, it's a shame that people turn to drugs.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Shame.

43 is much too young. Addictions are a terrible disease.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

Sad

My daughter showed me some pics of her a couple of weeks ago- I couldn't believe it was the same person! It's truly sad that so many people fall victim to substance abuse. If they knew before hand what it does to you maybe they would never start, but I think sometimes people reach a dark place within themselves and just don't care any more so long as their substance(s) of choice numbs the pain. What a waste!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Just to give people an idea, here's a before and after picture.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Very sad news. I actually liked her character, it was fun to see what she could get away with when Eric couldn't. I wonder if she was still in the treatment center when this happened?
I had no idea she was 43.
Still, too young.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Very sad news. I actually liked her character, it was fun to see what she could get away with when Eric couldn't. I wonder if she was still in the treatment center when this happened?
I had no idea she was 43.
Still, too young.

i didn't have a problem with the character really, just enjoyed the other characters more.
And yeah, 43 is much much to young.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Its not that I do not care that someone died. Thats tragic. I just dont specifically care that this particular actress died, when held up against the VAST numbers of people who die through addiction in dosshouses, crackdens, knocking shops, the gutter, in sewer outflow pipes, under bridges, and in cardboard boxes, all day, every day, all over the planet.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
She played a nice slutty role on that show. In those vintage outfits.

It is a shame what drugs do to people. But we do have plenty of Public Service Announcements telling us that they are bad, too bad they don't get through to everyone.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
TMZ reported that just a few days before she died, her blood alcohol levels were enough to be fatal. She then checked into rehab and died a few days later. Detox from alcohol can kill a person. It was the job of the facility to make sure she had the proper detox drugs in her system. I expect the family will be looking into this. Considering her age an what she did to her body, it could have been unavoidable .. but at the same time, it might have been that the facility messed up,

top topics

join