It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama On Egypt: ‘We Don’t Take Sides’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
i like this as an explanation.

edit on 16-8-2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by xuenchen

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Obama support Morsi?

Didn't Obama show support for "The Muslim Brotherhood"?

Yeah "We don't take sides" alright...

-SAP-

And,

The U.S. gives billions in 'military aid' to Egypt.

It looks like we have been supporting both sides.

That's why Obama is in a quandary catch22.

And of course since Obama likes everything to be all about Obama, he's turned it into a 'Catch44'

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

stop sending aide then lol

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Obama support Morsi?

Didn't Obama show support for "The Muslim Brotherhood"?

Yeah "We don't take sides" alright...

-SAP-

This! Also, now he is wanting them to stop attacking the Brotherhood, Sharia, Primitive Murderers, supporters. Which of course they shouldn't be going after anyone that is not directly harming them or citizens. BUT.....this smacks fully of the AGENDA.

Put earth back thousands of years while they become demigods with hidden technology and everyone else gets their hands cut off, their women sold off as children.

This is their brand of fascism and its very regressive, for they are bringing in the era of Aquarius, which like other cycles ,means they want to halt the evolution and technologically advanced societies and freedoms and turn the clock back.

They however, get nothing. No Go!
edit on 16-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I agree. We don't take sides anymore and that's the WHOLE problem. Nothing is clear with this man. Nothing whatsoever. You don't see China with allies they backdoor clobber at the same time. You don't see Russia supporting Assad while also giving backdoor support to Al Qaeda to kill him and hedge their bets.

I'd LOVE it if we DID take sides. Then the American people would at least know whether to agree or disagree with something.

When we stand for everything, we stand for nothing which matters. This is not the way we maintain a large nation. it's how we watch it destroyed from within.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
We don't take sides ?

Oh Really Obama ?

Tell me more how 'we don't take sides'.

Maybe he meant the USA just leaves the sides be. Or the USA doesn't take sides (but their own). But he probably meant the USA doesn't ally with one side when there are multiple sides in a particular conflict.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The administration supported Morsi, however, he flipped the script and pretty much took advantage of the so called democratic election, then went in declaring pretty much dictatorship powers and the rule of the Muslim brotherhood, the Egyptians and possibly the U.S. were duped.

I am not sure how this will turn out, but the turmoil in Egypt now might spin out of control, you have two almost equal opposing views where it appears no one will budge now, especially since the bloodbath has started.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Obama On Egypt: ‘We Don’t Take Sides’

This is Obama after begging the Egyptian military to release Morsy. And this is after he already has chosen sides in Syria.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Its quite interesting reading comments from time to time speaking of Obama's failed leadership in regards to Egypt. Many have come out and denounced Obama for not labeling this as a coup and cutting off aide. To me those people don't seem to understand the complex geopolitical underpinnings of the situation. Firstly there is the suez canal which is extremely vital for western interests. Secondly, Israel, the masters of America, have benefited for quite a while due to the overall regional stability garnered from Egypt in past years. The Obama administration recognizes that once the shooting stops and a degree of political stability is accomplished that they will be dealing with the victors. Hence they are trying not to step on any toes. Also this isn't just Obama, have you seen either the house or senate vote to suspend aide? No.

Additionally while by definition this may well have been a coup it also bears some important differences in the sense that it was more of a reset and a civilian led government was installed and a roadmap to elections established. I can't say I entirely disagree with the removal of Moray however the Mubarak style crackdown on protesters was just plain stupid. It has made western powers very nervous and has certainly placed them in a precarious position. Furthermore it will likely cause more domestic problems as opposed to the possible outcome of not cracking down on MB supporters.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Pfff....taking sides? If they actually did take sides, they'd correctly label what's happened as a coup. But that would hurt them financially. The US will always take sides when there's money to be gained.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join