It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Programmed To Degeneracy By Television

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Is this acceptable?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
TV isn't the only thing that causes these kinds of behaviors, The over sexing of absolutely everything probably doesn't help much. One thing that has made these sorts of things explode are things like MK-Ultra I'm not gonna go into details on it because it will take forever, but look it up. I'll tell you right now that not only does it work most times, it also spreads without the affected knowing they helped spread it. Essentially its mind control through forced trauma, such as molestation, people who were molested as children tend to be much more sexually active and effected by over sexing. It turns people that may have been a "normal" person to a more sexually deviant individual. I.E. girls with daddy issues who sleep with anyone that comes within 5 feet of them. Some might say, well yeah a lot of people get molested, but the number of people who have been is insane, most children will experience something like that before they are old enough to understand what the hell is happening, and therefore can't even remember it happened when they are older. But their subconscious mind remembers and then imitates that behavior. Here is an example, my cousin's father molested him when he was 4 years old, then when he was 6 he in turn molested me(4 at the time). Not only does he have trouble as an adult with relationships now, but he has told me that he has trouble connecting with people sexually, meaning he may like the person but sex and love never join as one. The entire idea behind MK-Ultra is disturbing but it has, and still does affect our country as a whole. Sorry for the semi-rant, but my point is TV is only part of what is killing "Civilized" society.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Most of the opinions, view points meme's and sayings we speak and hear, come from tv programming. And I mean the entire spectrum of programming like News, shows, commercials.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I despise most of television let that be clear. It's all about what I call the pushing the buttons of the human psyche. Knowing what makes people want to to watch, releasing those happy chemicals, giving people their precious confirmation bias (read into that) etc.

Today the trend seems to be towards excession, there are many shows on Dutch television showing young adults living the yolo life, excessive partying, excessive use of alcohol, excessive and meaningless sex that kind of stuff. There's nothing bad with a bit alcohol, red wine is sitting on my computer desk as I'm writing this. There's nothing wrong with sex. And nothing wrong with a party once in a while too. And if somebody wants to do excessive, let them do it.

The problem is that people start to copy that behavior. I know because I copied the behavior of criminals as a young because I felt disconnected to society. When I was young I had a very stupid romantic view of them.
I know now that they are money making business, that see taking lives as part of the job. Nothing romantic about it. This turned out good however, because I didn't life in a environment that could bring me in a life of crime. I have copied the little good parts of them, things like honor. Learned from their mistakes. Etc. Things like greed and violence I oppose strongly. Without the disconnection with society, I might not have questioned society.

The TV shows become part of our culture, they influence people. A lot of people fall for this, but they deny it.

But I notice how many artists put little pieces, hidden, in their art. Especially movies and literature. Life lessons and philosophy. Seek for this. You can watch shows for entertainment that's okay, but spend more time on these seemingly controversial shows, books and movies. And the beauty of art is that you can interpret it yourself. It might give you insight, or it might give you insight of how the world works. It's up to you.
edit on 17-8-2013 by ForbiddenDesire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I think you guys are overblowing the toxicity of TV. Maybe because I'm a screenwriter so I recognize what everything is doing in the "popular TV shows" moreso than posters on ATS who barely ever watch TV anyway, but I can't help but notice that my post on Breaking Bad got completely ignored whilst all the simplistic "TV is brainwashing" posts go on.

Advertising is sick, I agree, and many shows are sick, but the best stuff, The Wire, Treme, Generation Kill, Breaking Bad, maybe even Mad Men etc. show awareness of the problems of modern society and display messages about them in a way that's much more effective to the common people than just ranting at them.

Maybe TV blew its chance to draw you at all, fair enough. But consider this; you've been brainwashed to hate TV as the "common enemy." Hating it so blindingly, you don't actually know how to pinpoint where it's actual flaws are, (and there are tons of flaws) but with discussion of the type I'm seeing on this forum, nobody outside will listen, as you people need to lift your "academic" game, as it were. Even saying this I can tell most you won't like this, but it's the truth outside of this forum.
edit on 18-8-2013 by LoveFurther because: adding more points

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk
reply to post by Grifter42

People weren't degenerates before these shows aired?

Please.....

The question, really, is do you not realize that televizing this degeneracy makes it somehow more acceptable, normalizing it.....really, you don't realize the power of that box people sit in front of for hours, eat their meals in front of, rather than sitting as a family around a table and discussing their day and parents teaching ethics, subtly, in this way.....You don't realize how this "box" rules our lives, not only in subliminal, or outright advertising power, but in true digital tech power called Silent Sound TechnologySilent Sound Spectrum

Tell a Friend Ever since first hearing of it last spring, I’ve had a deepening sense of foreboding – an unnamed dread of the upcoming shift to an all-digital television broadcast signal, scheduled to occur in February 2009. Now, I believe, that nameless dread may have a name, after all. The Department of Defense calls it Silent Sound Spread Spectrum (SSSS), and it also goes by the name of S-quad or Squad. In the private sector, the technology goes by the name of Silent Subliminal Presentation System and the technology has also been released to certain corporate vendors who have attached catchy brand names like BrainSpeak Silent Subliminals to their own SSSS-based products. Whatever you call it, SSSS is a technology that uses subliminal programming that is carried over Ultra-High Frequency (UHF) broadcast waves, planting inaudible messages directly into the subconscious human mind. Perfected more than twenty years ago by the Department of Defense and battlefield-tested upon unwitting Iraqi soldiers serving in the army of Saddam Hussein in the Gulf War during 1991, SSSS is a sinister weapon that may have been been developed for a specific mission: the total subjugation of the American people. Whether SSSS is coupled with the new all-digital TV signal as its means of delivery into the minds of an unsuspecting U.S. populace or not, it can be deployed by many different devices, including HAARP and GWEN towers, which would effectively blanket the entire nation at once. In fact, Judy Wall says that “there is evidence that the US Government has plans to extend the range of this technology to envelop all peoples, all countries. This can be accomplished, is being accomplished, by utilising the nearly completed HAARP project for overseas areas and the GWEN network now in place in the US. The US Government denies all this.” But the most insidious aspect of SSSS is that it is completely undetectable by those being targeted. Because it delivers its subliminal programming directly to the human brain via the auditory sense at frequencies that humans are incapable of perceiving as sound, there is no defense against it.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50

Originally posted by AlphaHawk
reply to post by Grifter42

People weren't degenerates before these shows aired?

Please.....

The question, really, is do you not realize that televizing this degeneracy makes it somehow more acceptable, normalizing it.....really, you don't realize the power of that box people sit in front of for hours, eat their meals in front of, rather than sitting as a family around a table and discussing their day and parents teaching ethics, subtly, in this way.....You don't realize how this "box" rules our lives, not only in subliminal, or outright advertising power, but in true digital tech power called Silent Sound TechnologySilent Sound Spectrum

Tell a Friend Ever since first hearing of it last spring, I’ve had a deepening sense of foreboding – an unnamed dread of the upcoming shift to an all-digital television broadcast signal, scheduled to occur in February 2009. Now, I believe, that nameless dread may have a name, after all. The Department of Defense calls it Silent Sound Spread Spectrum (SSSS), and it also goes by the name of S-quad or Squad. In the private sector, the technology goes by the name of Silent Subliminal Presentation System and the technology has also been released to certain corporate vendors who have attached catchy brand names like BrainSpeak Silent Subliminals to their own SSSS-based products. Whatever you call it, SSSS is a technology that uses subliminal programming that is carried over Ultra-High Frequency (UHF) broadcast waves, planting inaudible messages directly into the subconscious human mind. Perfected more than twenty years ago by the Department of Defense and battlefield-tested upon unwitting Iraqi soldiers serving in the army of Saddam Hussein in the Gulf War during 1991, SSSS is a sinister weapon that may have been been developed for a specific mission: the total subjugation of the American people. Whether SSSS is coupled with the new all-digital TV signal as its means of delivery into the minds of an unsuspecting U.S. populace or not, it can be deployed by many different devices, including HAARP and GWEN towers, which would effectively blanket the entire nation at once. In fact, Judy Wall says that “there is evidence that the US Government has plans to extend the range of this technology to envelop all peoples, all countries. This can be accomplished, is being accomplished, by utilising the nearly completed HAARP project for overseas areas and the GWEN network now in place in the US. The US Government denies all this.” But the most insidious aspect of SSSS is that it is completely undetectable by those being targeted. Because it delivers its subliminal programming directly to the human brain via the auditory sense at frequencies that humans are incapable of perceiving as sound, there is no defense against it.

I haven't owned a TV for almost 10 years now, and rarely rarely watch it if I'm in it's presence. When I happen to meet outsiders passing through, it is obvious when the person(s) have a hard time communicating anything outside of what they saw on television, usually by repeating what they saw...

That is very interesting stuff about SSSS, if true. I wonder if there is something connected with SSSS, HAARP, given that now DARPA is set to take over HAARP.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

Oh, you are completely in the same dark alley with me, but I'm too tired and it's too late to take that on. But good on you, for putting some probable things together. If you're in the mood, and more energetic than I, try researching DARPA, Remote Neural Monitoring, AI interfaces via military and aforementioned agency, and see what you come up with. You might find some very interesting information. But, after all, what do I know? Just think the Silent Sound Spectrum thing can't be published enough.....

There are obvious layers of programming, from just advertising, sumblminals, symbology, all the way to this Silent Sound, EMF, Remote Neural Monitoring and satellite involvement......
Tetra

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Don't get me wrong, I can kick your butt at Halo, jus' sayin"

Halo is for console nerds... Quake or Unreal Tournament... to the death.
edit on 19-8-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoolishMortal
TV isn't the only thing that causes these kinds of behaviors, The over sexing of absolutely everything probably doesn't help much. One thing that has made these sorts of things explode are things like MK-Ultra I'm not gonna go into details on it because it will take forever, but look it up. I'll tell you right now that not only does it work most times, it also spreads without the affected knowing they helped spread it. Essentially its mind control through forced trauma, such as molestation, people who were molested as children tend to be much more sexually active and effected by over sexing. It turns people that may have been a "normal" person to a more sexually deviant individual. I.E. girls with daddy issues who sleep with anyone that comes within 5 feet of them. Some might say, well yeah a lot of people get molested, but the number of people who have been is insane, most children will experience something like that before they are old enough to understand what the hell is happening, and therefore can't even remember it happened when they are older. But their subconscious mind remembers and then imitates that behavior. Here is an example, my cousin's father molested him when he was 4 years old, then when he was 6 he in turn molested me(4 at the time). Not only does he have trouble as an adult with relationships now, but he has told me that he has trouble connecting with people sexually, meaning he may like the person but sex and love never join as one. The entire idea behind MK-Ultra is disturbing but it has, and still does affect our country as a whole. Sorry for the semi-rant, but my point is TV is only part of what is killing "Civilized" society.

First, I would like to point out the difference to you between MK Ultra programming and Monarch programming. They are quite different, or were, originally, though the two now seem to have become enmeshed. It didn't start out quite that way, though. And, for clarification, I am defending neither.

Second, I have a real problem with the idea that if someone was molested, they will necessarily become what they have suffered and do the same to another, of become deviant in some other way. I think that idea is propogated in many ways, but is quite an over generalization.....and, in fact, NOT always true.

I am sorry for your experiences, and agree that both these programs are alive and affecting almost everyone in some way today, still, but my point is that it isn't fair, nor true, to suggest that once having suffered something like this, one will do the same or become "deviant" sexually in some other way.
Respectfully,
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

I didn't mean to sound so general with my explanation, I of course didn't mean that it would necessarily always lead to these types of behaviors, but that I have seen it lead to these types of behaviors. I for one don't have this problem, but I do take note that quite a few others have, if you are strong enough to overcome the trauma of such an event it makes you stronger as a person, but it seems to me that a lot of victims aren't sure what to do with themselves after something like this occurs. Some manage to get over it and not let it bother them, some are unable to cope and are upset(understandably), but others seem to fall into the "programming" and become degenerates, I in no way meant to suggest that all people who have been molested or sexually abused in some way, become deviants or degenerates. However it does seem to be a pattern.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoolishMortal
reply to post by tetra50

I didn't mean to sound so general with my explanation, I of course didn't mean that it would necessarily always lead to these types of behaviors, but that I have seen it lead to these types of behaviors. I for one don't have this problem, but I do take note that quite a few others have, if you are strong enough to overcome the trauma of such an event it makes you stronger as a person, but it seems to me that a lot of victims aren't sure what to do with themselves after something like this occurs. Some manage to get over it and not let it bother them, some are unable to cope and are upset(understandably), but others seem to fall into the "programming" and become degenerates, I in no way meant to suggest that all people who have been molested or sexually abused in some way, become deviants or degenerates. However it does seem to be a pattern.

Be assured, friend, I have seen this pattern, as well. But know we are living in very complicated times, and I don't think we can truly discern what may create a pattern offered for our observance. For on my part (and I watched many other react this way, too), what informed my parenting was what I did not get, not what was harmful to me, but the opposite. I firmly believe and have seen that pattern in process, as well. This is a question of perspective: glass half full, or half empty type of thing. And that's totally leaving out and disallowing what I truly believe is in play here, which is far more complicated than what we discuss right here.

In other words, there are many influences in play, but that is for another thread. I appreciate your response. Sorry, couldn't let those words lay so solidly, as I see a different pattern and totally separate,disparate influences, as well, which this thread, I think, was intended to discuss. Not just obvious inculcation, but more negarious and less obvious, ways of controlling behavior, response and interpretation of patterns.....
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
That whole MK Ultra and Monarch things are a whole can of worms that I don't want to open. Let's keep this a rational debate. Not get too crazy.

It's just the rich, screwing the poor, like it always has.

People say Taxi Driver made John Hinckley shoot the president. That his love for Jodie Foster was so intense, after seeing that movie. Now, I myself love Jodie Foster. But to my knowledge, I have never taken a potshot at the Gipper..

Hinckley's family knew the Bush family. CIA probably programmed him personally, not via TV.

What do you make of Catcher in the Rye?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It is supposed to be illegal to use subliminal messages in US television. Why is that? Is it because perhaps they have known for a long time that it works?

The following is from an FCC Manual for broadcasters from 2001:

We sometimes receive complaints regarding the alleged use of subliminal techniques in radio and TV programming. Subliminal programming is designed to be perceived on a subconscious level only. Regardless of whether it is effective, the use of subliminal perception is inconsistent with a station's obligation to serve the public interest because the broadcast is intended to be deceptive. (Federal Communications Commission Record, 2001)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

When watching TELE- VISION you are put in an alpha state (dream state) and you brain is opened up to so many frames per second you cant know what you have been exposed to.When children watch tv it rewires the brain causing Attention deficit disorder from the rapid flashing of the screen. If you will notice the commercials are becoming faster and flash more than ever.Why is this, they say its because people with A.D.D get bored with slow video and turn the channel. So they are making people sick and then speeding up video in commercials because THERE ARE SO MANY A.D.D watchers they cant keep them CAPTIVATED.see the loop that is feeding on us and our children.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by supergravity

I have noticed this also with the speed of commercials and the flashing. This reminds me of Max Headroom where a TV corp condenses minutes worth of ads into a 30 second blipvert but would occasionally cause peoples heads to explode.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

There is a warning on all video game consoles that state flashing can cause adverse effects on you. Now we have the 3D tv ,I have heard there is a warning on the box not to let children under 6 watch it, now who reads the box and who will make sure their children don't watch it?The tv is used as a baby sitter in this country and I foresee many sick children from this miracle of technology.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

This makes sense with the recent announcement of the Nintendo 2DS a 2D version of their 3D hand held that is aimed at younger consumers. At least they (Nintendo) are addressing the issue. I believe we will begin to see 3D fade away and be replaced by Holographic TVs which will be nothing but flashing lights when you think about it.

I have always wondered how the flashing might be used to transmit subliminal messages. After 200 years or so of poking and prodding humans I am sure that we are manipulated daily through these techniques. It may just be mood alteration as opposed to what some people think of as brainwashing.
edit on 31-8-2013 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta

This makes sense with the recent announcement of the Nintendo 2DS a 2D version of their 3D hand held that is aimed at younger consumers. At least they (Nintendo) are addressing the issue. I believe we will begin to see 3D fade away and be replaced by Holographic TVs which will be nothing but flashing lights when you think about it.

I have always wondered how the flashing might be used to transmit subliminal messages. After 200 years or so of poking and prodding humans I am sure that we are manipulated daily through these techniques. It may just be mood alteration as opposed to what some people think of as brainwashing.
edit on 31-8-2013 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

It's not quite that simple.....here:

The Scientific American

We have all experienced this: a seemingly insignificant trigger, a scent, a song, or an old photograph transports us to another time and place. Now a group of neuroscientists have investigated the fascinating question: Can a few neurons trigger a full memory?
In a new study, published in Nature, a group of researchers from MIT showed for the first time that it is possible to activate a memory on demand, by stimulating only a few neurons with light, using a technique known as optogenetics. Optogenetics is a powerful technology that enables researchers to control genetically modified neurons with a brief pulse of light.

To artificially turn on a memory, researchers first set out to identify the neurons that are activated when a mouse is making a new memory. To accomplish this, they focused on a part of the brain called the hippocampus, known for its role in learning and memory, especially for discriminating places. Then they inserted a gene that codes for a light-sensitive protein into hippocampal neurons, enabling them to use light to control the neurons.

It can also cause seizures.

But if memory can be induced, or any other memorable, though artificial, no matter how horrible, induced, then this is also a hippocampus neurological trigger to perhaps, even, "emit" it, then........

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I earned a graduate MBA from Pepperdine University in the same hours that my room-mate watched South Park and King Of The Hill on the tube. I trained my concert singing voice in the same hours America watched Simon Cowell. We live or we watch other people live for us.

Also, Hollywood is destroying moral America. In how many movies have we been moved to empathy and tolerance for cheating spouses, parents leaving their families for the better man or woman, or even murder? We start to believe that these behaviors are acceptable and appropriate. The lovers live happily ever after...or do they?

In real life, such "escapes" usually lead to long-term sorrow and scars. Hollywood does not tell us that part.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join