It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DiMaggio/Anderson: Phone Logs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

DiMaggio and 16-year-old Hannah Anderson exchanged about 13 calls before Hannah was picked up from cheerleading practice on Aug. 4. Both phones were turned off, and the home burned several hours later.

The warrants don't specify the times, duration or nature of the calls.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

From what we know now, basically the NSA can pulls up the calls, dates AND actual conversations.

Correct?

Let's say they couldn't obtain actual audio recordings, would you want them to be able to?
It would shed a lot of answers, if not solve the case immediately, by doing so.

I personally believe they will pull up the full recordings, and find that the girl was in on it to.
edit on 15-8-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Let's say they couldn't obtain actual audio recordings, would you want them to be able to? It would shed a lot of answers, if not solve the case, immediately by doing so.

Well, let me ask you this. If the police came to your door right now and said, there's a missing girl, we'd like the authority to enter your home, whenever we want, examine anything we want, oh, and also this will take place 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

would you agree? i mean, for me, if there's a missing girl and they show up and want to look in my house, I'd let them, in a heart beat. ONCE. But 24/7 monitoring? NEWP.

That's my feelings on this.

besides that, you've got to remember who potentially has access to all of this information, and as we all know, they can and do use it for personal gain.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Applies 100%. don't get me wrong, I don't do anything on my phone that I'd want "secret" but still, I have to take issue with 24/7 monitoring 'just in case'

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

c'mon man.

If you have ubiquitous information access you can manipulate elections, extort elected officials, blackmail the SCOTUS. Make unlimited money with insider trading. Potentially, the death of the US Democracy myth as many know it.

They already have the capability to do this. You tell me... why wouldn't they? What is the limiter?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

DiMaggio and 16-year-old Hannah Anderson exchanged about 13 calls before Hannah was picked up from cheerleading practice on Aug. 4. Both phones were turned off, and the home burned several hours later.

The warrants don't specify the times, duration or nature of the calls.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

From what we know now, basically the NSA can pulls up the calls, dates AND actual conversations.

Correct?

Let's say they couldn't obtain actual audio recordings, would you want them to be able to?
It would shed a lot of answers, if not solve the case immediately, by doing so.

I personally believe they will pull up the full recordings, and find that the girl was in on it to.

I'm willing to bet she was in on it. It seems she would've had chances to escape. Also after her "rescue" she almost immediately goes on social media, discussing what happened. I would think she would've been mourning the murders and burnings of her mother and brother and would be withdrawn, instead of jumping into Q&A sessions on social media.

I'm guessing the phone LUD's will reveal some interesting info.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
IMHO, figuring out what happened in a random, albeit sensational crime, is not worth any of us relinquishing our privacy.

Re: the 13 calls, yeah, seems weird, given the age difference.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
If the NSA listened to their phone calls, we wouldn't know about it. There is no threat to national security and the San Diego Sheriff's department obtained the search warrants and reported the inventory collected in this case. They would not have the budget to listen in if they wanted. Or at least, I hope not, but you never know with California.

I read both search warrants, the list of items collected and what Hanna has written through social media, which led me to the following observations/questions:

—There have been many news stories reporting that DiMaggio tortured the victims before burning the place, but the documents do not say they were tortured. Clearly being bludgeoned by a crow bar is torture, but not in the sense I think most people interpret the word torture.

—The police collected two used condoms in DiMaggio's home. They collected letters from Hanna, along with lots of tools and empty camp gear boxes, among other items, in DiMaggio's home. They collected numerous electronic devices from Hanna's house. It also said they collected cards from DiMaggio to Hanna in the "top bunk of the East Room," which seems to be Hanna's room if you read the full inventory. They also collected a picture of him in the same room.

—Considering the above information along with the 13 calls, day trips to Malibu and Las Vegas, there is obviously more to the story between Hanna and DiMaggio. Not really any of my business, just noting that we definitely aren't getting the full story.

—What's most troubling is that we don't know where Hanna was during these crimes. It is left completely unexplained. The documents say its unknown who picked her up from cheerleading that day. Also, why was she going to drive over an hour away that day to play go-carts at DiMaggio's if she had cheerleading practice? I also heard they went out there to stay overnight. Perhaps she went to school the next day and had cheer after, while DiMaggio was doing evil to her family at his house. I don't know.

—The biggest shocker for me in all of this was reading what Hanna said about his motive online. Mainly:
Question: "Did he take you because he loved you and wanted to be with you?"
Hanna: "No he took me to basically use me to carry his # to the river."

Very odd statement. Anyway ...

edit on 16-8-2013 by TruthLover557 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2013 by TruthLover557 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
A lot of people are thinking it and hardly anyone is saying it. This situation is ridiculous. It seems obvious to me that she was involved with him or in on the crime. I would go as far as saying she's a sociopath after reading through her social media posts. Seriously who takes selfies after learning your mother and brother were killed? I am shocked this post is not on the main page. There is plenty to question in this event, in my opinion it is more clear this situation is off than other posts people went bananas over. S&F

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

no warrant no wiretap

but I too think this story is a little bit off. there are lots of rumors floating around. we may never know the true story.

new topics

top topics

join