It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you collect a particular item, like some people have lots of teddies, or ships, or bottles etc,..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It would be interesting to know of items people collect, myself for example I collect anything that has a pig, attached. I mean an ornament or image not a real live pig, before anyone comes up with some clever remarks lol.
So what do you collect ???

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by flipflop

I collect ring tops from beer and soft drink cans, and so do my neighbors. They can be used to forge crutches, prosthetics, etc.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Not sure why, but I collect rubber ducky's.
I think it started with the AXE duck. She's got cleavage and devil horns.

So now, whenever anyone finds a "different" rubber duck, I end up with it.

Rubber ducky, your the one, you make bathtime so much fun..........

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I collect old camera's. I try to repair them--clean the glass and then use them. I have gotten every single camera to work..except one..the film kept getting jammed up..I searched for pro help and ended up junking it. Most of the time I have luck though
Film is not dead

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I collect things with a dragon motif. My wife is the same way with unicorns. Our entertainment center has display shelves on either side. One side is my dragons, the other, her unicorns (and carousel horses).

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Books (the ones I like) and dragon ornaments (if I think they look nice - not kitsch).

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Well I collect a few things really.....

Guitars. But that's expensive, and lately I've cut down to 4.

Glass/pxyrex pipes. Can't go into detail, but I have an extensive collection of them.

Futurama/Simpsons trinkets. i love the shows, and have little futurama figurines all over the place, and a few simpsons ones too.

finally..... Antique Beer Steins. Mostly from Germany but I think a few are from England and one is from Holland.

i'd include computers/electronics as I'm kind of a technohoarder, but it's not a collection really, I keep stuff that will eventually get used or might be needed as a replacement, then trash (recycle) the rest.
edit on 15-8-2013 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Books.

Paintbrushes, not sure if I really COLLECT them per se, but I have a ton.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Thought of some others...

Weird shot glasses (usually from travels, like a racy one from Cancun, or ones from cities, etc.) and TV/Movie drinks (like TruBlood, a Flaming Moe, Romulan Ale, T-Virus, etc.)

Medieval Weapons (mostly swords, but some others). We display them in the living room and hallway (which has a medieval castle theme).

Egyptian knick-knacks. Our master bedroom has an egyptian tomb theme (in progress), so these decor pieces just add to it.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
***Teddy Bears (stuffed) couldn't get, collect enough of them. I used to be teddy bear crazy. Instead of flowers, I prefer stuffed teddies..

****Wine glasses and Decanters. The more unusual and beautiful the better. I have a whole China Cabinet full of them. I wished I had a picture to upload, this glass set doesn't do some of them justice.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I guess I'd say books as well though I don't retain all of them. I'll trade in and/or donate unwanted overflows to get more books. I guess I should say that I collect and retain classic literature (both modern and old), fairy tales, mythology, art, history and technical books.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Books, winged things like faeries, dragons even winged cats, seashells, crystals, some antiques, some stained glass. Oh and...I like a bit of whimsy thrown in here and there like mermaids or my rubber goldfish in the bathroom, a tiny stuffed teddy bear sitting in a potted plant, windchimes over a doorway etc.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
snow-globes, the campier and more ridiculous, the better.
If they are all pretty and special, I don't want them.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I am amazed at some of the beautiful things people collect, and even restore, how good is that? just wonderful... When I posted this question, I thought someone would tell me to find something high and jump off it.. but instead what great replys.. thanks to everyone who has posted so far...

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I collect Rolex sports watches - Submariners, Seadwellers, Daytonas etc. been collecting for 20 years

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Ghost in the shell everything, incl Shirow s/n prints and books; robot figures from tv / movies / comics & anime; female figures from science fiction, fantasy and anime. Artwork, animation cells, statues from Boris, the original Heavy Metal, Sorayama, Manara, Royo et al. Done some custom figures and art too.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ducks. I have ducks from all over the world in my guest bathroom. Hundreds of them. All kinds of ducks from Egypt, Turkey, Greece, and Italy, from Alaska and Monterey, DC and Georgia. Quack.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Art.

We have a certified Dali lithograph,
a Leonardo Nierman original,
a J. Medina original,
a L. Gerber original sketch,
several Herman Leonard photos, signed, numbered, and dedicated to us,
several M. Rinard fine art prints, signed, numbered,
and about twenty other originals by artist who have not become famous...yet.

edit on 16-8-2013 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Not me, but my mother collects a lot of random things. Throughout the years she collected rosters artifacts like kitchenware; cuckoo clocks; rolling pins, baskets, etc. I forget half the things she and my dad collected over the years.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I collect the tears of the Ignorant

(been waiting a while to use that one)

~Tenth

top topics

<<   2 >>

join