It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 17 Astronauts Shocked by UFO flying overhead during EVA-1! Original NASA Footage.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

They seem to be pretty sure about what they saw flying by ... at first, I actually thought the audio-track was fake due to the seemingly surprised intonation of Cernan's reactions!

Not bad for a response to some exploding styrofoam-package, but let's not forget they were on the moon (or were they)!? Anything out of the ordinary happening would most certainly have shaken our nerves, too!

123:28:30 Cernan: What blew? Hey, what is that?
123:28:33 Schmitt: Oh, your antenna...It's that Styrofoam off the high-gain antenna package.
123:28:41 Cernan: On the LM?
123:28:42 Schmitt: No, the one you deployed. The Rover high-gain antenna.

(Source)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Arken, this is nuts. One astronaut is clearly covering up....and his responses reveal more about what he's trying to cover up. The other astronaut is entirely genuine with his shock and surprise....and IT'S NOT STYROFOAM....listen to his words closely.

Styrofoam.........lol.

edit: IT is either UFO's and he assumes that they've 'hit' the moon after they move out of site, or they really are a minor shower of rocks....but one in particular looked damn big.......unsure.

What blew....or what flew? Sound bite is unclear but I think he says flew....
edit on 15-8-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
I may be wrong, but how does Styrofoam fly overhead, I am no expert, but I thought that there was no wind on the moon?

The antenna is packaged, folded up like a spring. When it flips up, the antenna whips the Styrofoam off. Since there is no atmosphere and no resistance, the Styrofoam is flicked pretty fast.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
at 1:45 you can hear

" roger 17. John says that it flew up on his mission as well"

so if it happened on a previous mission, then there's no way its gonna happen again.
if it was styrofoam that is. nasa would have corrected the problem after the first time.
edit on 15/8/13 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge

so if it happened on a previous mission, then there's no way its gonna happen again.
if it was styrofoam that is. nasa would have corrected the problem after the first time.

He said blew up

edit on Thu Aug 15 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge

Would they? Why? So a little Styrofoam flips off every time the antenna is deployed and it has happened before but hurt nothing. Sounds like one of those things the engineers are aware of but not a significant issue.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Arken, you are a naughty boy. You didn't mention Styrofoam in the OP, so I had to listen twice, just to be sure to be sure

Seriously though, it is quite clearly heard, you shudda said.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
I may be wrong, but how does Styrofoam fly overhead, I am no expert, but I thought that there was no wind on the moon?

There's only wind on the moon when they need it to explain away alien spaceships. It comes and goes. Very conveniently so.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
reply to post by Arken

If you believe this, then you must discard the conspiracy that they didn't go to the moon.

C'mon all you tin foil hatters which one is it gunna be? Faked moon landing or Alien Moon Encounters?

On a side note thats pretty interesting. Maybe a meteor taking them by surprise?

Um... yeah! That theory is bunk!

They went.

And were there for some time, unofficially.

Many abductions were taken there as well.

Bases and tons of tubing. Trucks can drive through that tubing and people walk through it too.
edit on 15-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
We all know that nothing moves in space and meteors and comets and the like do not exist.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
They are in nearly every shot, they seem to pop in and out some even right next to the guys. There is one that comes over the horizon and then shoots up. Watch the shadows that start around .30 secs they streak across some faster some small some large.

If you frame by frame you see they are going all directions in nearly every frame.
They are moving so fast that they are not seen by the astronauts it seems, and many change directions.

Number 3 the red circle...whizzing close by the astronauts.

Picture 6 see the large shadow.

Try to see these at .23 seconds this goes by FAST!Easy to miss them all.

edit on 15-8-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Some one accidentally turned on a studio fan used to simulate wind or cool off the studio and studio lights.

That or it was exploding styrofoam.

Ah crap....I just googled EXPLODING STYROFOAM! Now I am gonna get a visit from the NSA...thanks Arken!
edit on 15-8-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Some one accidentally turned on a studio fan used to simulate wind or cool off the studio and studio lights.

Ah crap....I just googled EXPLODING STYROFOAM! Now I am gonna get a visit from the NSA...thanks Arken!

Well if you stop each frame it seems not to be styrofoam to me but who knows, they do go different speeds but that could be the size differences, did you watch the part where the shadows start showing up as they fly by above the astronauts? For sure they come from all directions so i wonder where the thing was that blew up. The weird thing is how they seem to pop into a frame and they are just gone the next, they move like insects but faster.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

It's an alien craft sent from another planet.

Well you admit it then!Nice!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Very hard to see but if you stop motion on and off throughout 1.10 within that second a thingy appears moves inward from the camera and zooms back toward the camera, there are things crossing the astronauts suit also. maybe all that stuff is some camera thing I don't know, but at the 1.10 mark there is one very oval interesting thingy.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

The only thing I thought was weird was when they zoomed in each time to the lander when panning the Camera. Now it was most likely to avoid the sun I guess...

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Hard to say, but I find it somewhat curious that when he asks, "What blew?" , the guy responding almost sounds like he is scrambling to come up with an answer.

Also for being on the moon, would the object really fall that fast? Doesn't seem likely to me, especially something as lightweight as styrofoam.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by roncoallstar
Hard to say, but I find it somewhat curious that when he asks, "What blew?" , the guy responding almost sounds like he is scrambling to come up with an answer.

Also for being on the moon, would the object really fall that fast? Doesn't seem likely to me, especially something as lightweight as styrofoam.

when you lack an atmosphere, everything falls at the exact same speed whether its a feather or a hammer or styrofoam.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

If he can't provide you with the technical specifications of the material used on the moon at the time of the event, and then be able to reproduce this reaction in a lab, simulating zero gravity and the slight atmosphere of the moon, and if he cannot detail the exact molecular structure of the materials as they expand and contract, thus revealing the possibility of the scenario in total, then; It's an alien craft sent from another planet. Okey dokey!!

well...debunkers also ask for such proof of all UFO sightings...and no one seems too bothered by that. They want extraordinary proof for extraordinary claims...it works both ways.

So...something flying over our heads...with great speed. A mundane explanation would be...it's some sort of vehicle. The extraordinary claim here...is that it's styrofoam...please provide the usual debunkers extraordinary proof of that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join