It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could World War III Start With Massive Civil Unrest? Starting now?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Check this out, it is a Twitter post from Egypt:

Gehad El-Haddad @gelhaddad

8 hrs of mass killings & not single sane person in Egypt or in world 2 stop this !! Over 2000 killed & over 10,000 injured & world watches

War Zone: Scores Killed in Egypt Violence - RT

There are conflicting casualty reports. According to the Health Ministry, at least 281 people including 43 policemen have been killed and 2,001 injured in Wednesday’s violence nationwide.

"The dead are both from police and civilians," said the ministry's spokesman, Hamdi Abdel Karim. However, Muslim Brotherhood spokesman Gehad El-Haddad claimed that as many as 2,000 people had been killed and 10,000 injured in the police operation.

This is what happens when no one has moral legitimacy, we see this kind of violence going on in Egypt and no one is stepping in to stop it because, well, first of all, no one has moral legitimacy to, including the U.S. - we basically have to sit back and watch it happen because, well, there is no argument against it I guess?

Is this going to spill into other countries? Maybe in The Middle East or Turkey? What about in the E.U. with all of the economic struggling? Any thoughts?

I mean, if killing protesters is totally legitimate in the world's eye right now, that could be a problem. I found the Twitter quote extremely inspiring.
edit on 15-8-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
World War 3 will start with Nukes most lightly an exchange between Pakistan and India. There just proxies really.
edit on 15-8-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Obama Warns Violence Could Spill over into Entire Middle-East

He called on the parties involved to avoid violence, saying instability in Egypt could spill over into the surrounding region. "We would urge all parties to make sure they are not engaging in violence and that police and military are showing appropriate restraint," Obama said.

-June 30, 2013

Well, the whole non-violent part didn't go over very well.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Syria is worse than this, no WW3 as of yet but if Hams and Iran make a move on Israel then we might see a real WW3, till then it is a NSA CIA DHS TSA, and FEMA ww3

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

What gives you that idea? I think I have heard this theory before. It sounds interesting, and could instability in the middle-east hasten this?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Pretty sure that this is a case of what happens in Egypt stays in Egypt. Why would the world care at this point that the people are trying to get what they want. Thousands dead? That is just a drop in the bucket as far as most countries are concerned. This is defiantly NOT the beginning of WW3. They are just solving their problems as would any other country. If you want to play bleeding heart and help the people who are throwing themselves in harms way then by all mean buy a plane ticket and take part.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

That is true, I forgot that Syria is fighting an ongoing Civil War right now already. Wow, that could be two countries right there.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kdyam

Well, yeah, this is Egypt solving it's own problems and no one is coming to their rescue, the same internal struggle could hit other countries. That's what I kind of mean, resources are stretched a bit thin to care about others, that could be a precursor.

Although I guess it wouldn't directly be related to Egypt, it could all be economically related, or there could be common themes mirrored in other countries - more likely these days, since we are all connected globally.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I mean, if killing protesters is totally legitimate in the world's eye right now, that could be a problem.

The Protesters are Heavily Armed.

If Tea Party Protesters or Occupy Wall Street Protesters killed 43 American Police Officers, there would also be a bloodbath.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverMind2013

That is a very good point, hopefully it doesn't come to that, I really don't see it coming to that in the U.S. without a few other lines being crossed first.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Egypt is nothing all that serious. Typical revolution from what I can see

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

"What gives you that idea?"

The fact that they hate each other with both passion and religious zeal.

The fact that they regularly still exchange artillery over the Khyber Pass.

Maybe the fact that India has launched nukes before in ancient history(See the Mahābhārata).

And the fact that the current America leadership is walking them both down that particular road.

I hope im wrong all the same as I have grown quite partial to living! LoL

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

3 if Turkey has an other flare up do to the Egypt protesters news.yahoo.com... we could be looking at the opening shots of WW3,

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I accept that this is an Egyptian civil war about the Muslim Brotherhood trying to rule and their ideas not being acceptable to all Egyptians so whoomph.

It could get a lot worse were anyone to go there in force because then you could find different groups allying with each other to fight the 'intruder' and then, after that settled down, they would go back to their original battle lines.

Sometimes these awful disputes are probably better left to reach a conclusion because hopefully then, that is the end of the fighting once and for all. Wherever there is an intervention the original hate lines still exist and flare up accordingly.

Probably what separates the ME from most of the rest of the EU and USA is that many of the peoples there are tribal and that in a way in almost unknown and hard to understand for some. - (yes I know we have MacDonalds clan etc but its not the same thing).

I love Egypt, its a fabulous, interesting country and I have always found the people great. I do hope that there has been no outside influences fuelling these flames because like most, I hate the murder, great hardship, suffering
and destruction this era is causing. Pictures of many countries in that region show nothing by ruined infrastructure.
I doubt even if the places were rebuilt asap the tribal problems which haven't been resolved would simply flare up again and the bloodlust would ruin everything again.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Obama Warns Violence Could Spill over into Entire Middle-East

He called on the parties involved to avoid violence, saying instability in Egypt could spill over into the surrounding region. "We would urge all parties to make sure they are not engaging in violence and that police and military are showing appropriate restraint," Obama said.

-June 30, 2013

Well, the whole non-violent part didn't go over very well.

That's shocking because everything else he's ever promised has come true!

I'm not as worried about the ME as I once was. I figure as much as they hate US already, if they had any real power they'd have attacked us already. They're doing a fine job at thinning their own ranks now so there's probably even less chance of a future attack. They have their neighbors to worry about.

edit on 15-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Did or did not, an egyptian poster here on ats and via youtube tell americans to leave them alone? Not just a month ago. No it was two, apparently. Then there was a third video by some chick.

Why do you need for us to get involved again?
edit on 15-8-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

when are we going to get it into our heads, no one cares about you/us anyone, governments dont give a damn how many were killed or hurt at wednesdays or any other days worldwide sit in's. no one cares, that is the simple truth, no point in people getting all humane, that doesn't work anymore, in a world of lies and deceipt and hoaxers and debunkers NO ONE BELIEVES ANYONE OR CARES especially governments of planet craphole...

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

I still personally think it will be an Iran North Korea vs. Israel that starts ww3.

I could be wrong that's just my take.

edit to add; Although Syria is just a proxy of Iran and Russia.
edit on 15-8-2013 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
History tells us that civil unrest do spread, french revolution, American civil war, Chinese civil war. But never has a civil unrest lead to World War, World Wars have been caused by diplomatic clashes and orders has come from statesmen and generals.

Tho the World we live in now is a lot of different, information is mostly delivered in real time also we are more easily connected to people who share same opinions, ideals and goals. nowadays there is more networks than ever before in people´s history. Time we live in is due fast information more flammable when its connected to civil unrest. It´s just something we cannot ignore.

Could civil unrest lead to World War, i see its very possible. We get involved more easily due fast informations and fast opinions. Trouble starts when World leaders gets involved and steps in with force and interferes other country´s civil unrests/wars.

edit on 15-8-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by kdyam

Well, yeah, this is Egypt solving it's own problems and no one is coming to their rescue, the same internal struggle could hit other countries. That's what I kind of mean, resources are stretched a bit thin to care about others, that could be a precursor.

Although I guess it wouldn't directly be related to Egypt, it could all be economically related, or there could be common themes mirrored in other countries - more likely these days, since we are all connected globally.

good, let Egyptians fix their 30 years American backed dictator mess.. it will take a decade of this to rid the country of foreign puppet control...

On the scientific side ---------> Good, let them all kill theirselves, then FINALLY the world can see the pyramids secrets..

What piles the Egyptiians are for thinking they should have the keys to Humanity's knowledge.. The more I think about how the Egyptians are forceful in keeping people out of the pyramids.. the more I think about how they wont allow the full exploration, documentaries, filming etc of the wonders there..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join