It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We're building a domestic army" -Marine Corps Colonel speaks out against BEARCAT

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
They seriously are under estimating the capability of a bunch of pissed off armed civilians and anarchists armed with things that go boom. When the smoke clears that armored vehicle would be swiss cheese and on fire.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
reply to post by bekod

Locally, there were some community breaks ins several months ago. The police response: PATROL the streets with a vehicle similar to the BEARCAT. Yes, that tank was patrolling a subdivision. That disturbed me to no end when i saw it reported on the news. This was not a high crime area; it was a middle class area and the break-ins were not home-invasion types of incidents.

When government has these "toys" they must (and want to) use them whenever possible, even for the stupidest and pettiest things in order to justify their possession.

I made a thread about the above incident.

reply to post by TrueAmerican

Back to the OP, it's good to see a colonel speak out against that...thing. While I can slightly understand it might potentially be needed in the event some...event occurs, these things happen so infrequently that if they have to be used on BS. And the fact that they ARE used on BS like this just proves the encroaching police state. It will become more and more commonplace, and accepted, until the firm grip of these actions and behaviors are around our throats.

And then what will we be able to do?

edit on 15-8-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

Remember the Police Academy Series?..............The Gute!

Tackleberry... all these cops who get off on dressing like Rambo.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by HanzHenry

R E D C O A T S EVERYTHING redcoats did...-------------> Cops DO!

all one needs is a few hours on youtube, google, or even local news stations.

these are NOT Sheriff Andy Taylor anymore ---------------------- > BADGES are R E D C O A T S !!

You are completely correct. The violation of the 4th amendment is getting way out of hand. They bust in wherever they want and terrorize American's under the guise of looking for someone that isn't even at that address! It's happening more and more. If the burdensome taxes was enough to rebel over basically 3 taxes the colonies did not like, and the unwarranted searches (homes, road, stop and frisk) sort of things the redcoats were doing, our cops are doing it all over.

They are begging for a confrontation and they know they have us outgunned (2 billion rounds of HOLLOW POINT AMMO and MRAPS) all in the name of protecting us?! They have us dependent on them and fearful of losing our "paycheck" / welfare /SS". History is repeating itself.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta
Is it illegal or against the T&C for us to discuss methods of hypothetically disabling things like this? What vulnerabilities do they have? Why are we not spreading that type of knowledge like wildfire. I wish we could get some of the boards veterans to create some comprehensive threads that detail counter measures and vulnerabilities for these mobile oppression units.

Be careful. You're treading dangerously close to the line that you dont really want to cross. There are people here that are obligated to report things of this sort, if they feel the discussion is anything remotely close to serious.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

So when the times comes we all role over like defenceless kittens

Great......................

Looks like all we can do is talk big but do nothing..........
edit on 16-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Just another example:

Texas ‘Garden of Eden’ Owner Claims SWAT Raided Her Property Under ‘Guise’ of a Drug Bust and Took 20,420 Pounds of Material

The owner of sustainable farm in Texas claims a SWAT team came onto her property “under the guise that we were doing a drug trafficking, marijuana-growing operation” and ended up taking more than 20,000 pounds of material and allegedly violated personal rights, according to WFAA-TV.

“There were 15 to 20 blackberry bushes. There were sunflowers for our bees and gifting. Lots of okra, and we had a sweet potato patch that they whacked down with a Weed-Eater. The weeds that we used to shade our crops are also gone,” owner of the Garden of Eden Shellie Smith told WFAA of the scene after authorities came through.
LINK

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
reply to post by flyswatter

So when the times comes we all role over like defences kittens

Great......................

Looks like all we can do is talk big but do nothing..........

Ad REVENUE..

this will trump EVERYTHING this website now stands for

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
One thing I have always wonderd. Some of these UFO sighting like black triangles? I go with the NDIS report that they are some kind of stealth blimp. Thing is there seem to be doing domestic reconasicnce seeing as they are seen in populated areas.

What if when/IF the powesr that be sieze control these unidenfified objects will be used as tools of there opression hense the secrecy around them? Imagine 150m long blimps with active denial devices and up to date directed engergy weapons floating above all the major citys. That would squash any mass riots or civil disobediance. Not when emerging from you home would result in searing pain.

Maybe sounds crazy but I if this sort of hard core stull like mentioned in the OP is public knowlage imagine what the classified civil defence tec will be

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyswatter

Is it illegal or against the T&C for us to discuss methods of hypothetically disabling things like this? What vulnerabilities do they have? Why are we not spreading that type of knowledge like wildfire. I wish we could get some of the boards veterans to create some comprehensive threads that detail counter measures and vulnerabilities for these mobile oppression units.

Be careful. You're treading dangerously close to the line that you dont really want to cross. There are people here that are obligated to report things of this sort, if they feel the discussion is anything remotely close to serious.

Oh trust me I am not the one who is attempting to cross any lines. I am not advocating attacking authorities but am merely curious about what a person could do when attacked by one of these or similar units. The units themselves are probably more for intimidation and probably have quite a few flaws and vulnerabilities.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

This is what happens when the media and politicians collude to create a criminal class of poor to terrorize the middle and upper classes into giving up all freedoms in the name of safety and creating a police force to enforce these policies. Do people really think all of the violent sensationalist news and TV/movies are about ratings and money? That's just an added bonus for TPTB. They want you to fear each other so badly that you will be willing to pay for the police to have the excessive amounts of force they currently possess.
edit on 15-8-2013 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

**Added - Every time I see something like this I am reminded of the scenes in George Lucas's THX-138 where the people are building the robots that oppress them.
edit on 15-8-2013 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

Elysium and Hunger Games, rolled up into a nice little package. That's what this world has become.

It's too late. Just like Global Warming is long past it's tipping point, freedom & democracy are things of the past.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If anyone (as I did) has some trouble hearing the video, here is a transcript.

I saw a sign back there that said 'more Mayberry, less Fallujah.' And I spent a year in Fallujah. You know what, when I first got there I didn't have armored Humvees. I travelled over 10,000 miles over there. And sometimes you gotta deal with and go with what you have. So that's part of the job, for one. The second thing though is when I was in Iraq, I was the minister of defense coordinator. My job was to man, train, and equip the Iraqi army in Al Ambar, (inaudible,) and Kerballah and (inaudible) provinces. And I can tell you right now - well somebody had the great idea to get rid of the Iraqi army - so when we rebuilt it we did everything we could to make it as strong as possible. And I'll tell you right now, Homeland Security would kick their butts in a week.

What's happening here is we're building a domestic military because it's unlawful, unconstitutional to use American troops on American soil. So what we're doing, is we're building a military. My best friend who's a SWAT officer in (inaudible) who came to Iraq with me to train the Iraqi police, sent me an email with a picture of him in the media on the streets of Watertown Mass. wearing the exact same combat gear that we had in Iraq, only it was a different color.

And the way we do things in the military is called task organization. You take a command, and then you attach units to it in order to accomplish the mission. What's happening is Homeland Security is pre-staging gear, equipment, consistent. What they're trying to do is use standardized vehicles, standardized equipment. I saw a picture in the Boston Globe during the marathon bombing where there was a state police officer - actually there were two officers - they both had identical helmets, flak jackets, weapons, everything I wore in Iraq, only it was all blue. The officer on one side had a big patch on his back that said Massachusetts state police. Another officer next to him, his patch says Boston police.

It's what we're doing here, and lets not kid about it. We're building a domestic army, and we're shrinking the military, because the government is afraid of its own citizens. The last time more than ten terrorists were in the same place at one time was September 11th, and all these vehicles in the world wouldn't have prevented it, nor would it have helped anybody.

So I don't know where we're gonna use this many vehicles and this many troops. Concord is just little cog in the wheel. We're building an army over here, and I can't believe that people aren't seeing it. Is everybody blind?

Peace.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Fascinating to hear him speak, with such obvious knowledge, experience & authority regarding the subject at hand, S & F for the share - I pray that more people will stand up and speak out.

It is sincerely troubling to see the militarisation of the American police forces, and as I have said before - the NWO will be rolled out from American soil. What is more, Europe is quickly becoming a sham super-state, where individual countries are 'bailed out' into permanent slavery and loss of independent control. One nation at a time, with widespread usage of propaganda - Europe will be the next seed point for the NWO, once the ball gets rolling.

They have the smarts & the resources to accomplish their NWO within fifteen years, and I can't see them slowing down. To be honest, it is part of their religion, to progress towards a superstructure economy & enforcement control grid. They believe it is 'illumined' to aim for the depopulation & enslavement of Humanity - destroying the chances of temporal happiness for billions already, and billions to come.

What will get in their way, is Cosmic Justice and nothing less.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
You gotta admit, you would want that BEARCAT truck if it were given to you. That looks so freakin' amazing
That's like THE vehicle to protect yourself against a pending zombie apocalypse.

On a more serious note, the police force doesn't need this kind of equipment. Special teams need special tools to minimize causalities and injuries for sure, like a sniper at a hostage negotiation or a bomb diffusing robot (hopefully one that doesn't run on Vista). But this is a little much. This is basically meant for a lot of people and I can just imagine this being used for crowd control. Police brutality is on the rise so I wouldn't trust them with this technological marvel (what a dangerous beauty).

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Spelling it out

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment

Fascinating to hear him speak, with such obvious knowledge, experience & authority regarding the subject at hand, S & F for the share - I pray that more people will stand up and speak out.

It is sincerely troubling to see the militarisation of the American police forces, and as I have said before - the NWO will be rolled out from American soil. What is more, Europe is quickly becoming a sham super-state, where individual countries are 'bailed out' into permanent slavery and loss of independent control. One nation at a time, with widespread usage of propaganda - Europe will be the next seed point for the NWO, once the ball gets rolling.

They have the smarts & the resources to accomplish their NWO within fifteen years, and I can't see them slowing down. To be honest, it is part of their religion, to progress towards a superstructure economy & enforcement control grid. They believe it is 'illumined' to aim for the depopulation & enslavement of Humanity - destroying the chances of temporal happiness for billions already, and billions to come.

What will get in their way, is Cosmic Justice and nothing less.

Yep, but the Scxripture states that we will be made to submit by " sorcery " Hey, that " x " is cool in Scripture.

So I told all my buddies.....they don't know enough to read Scripture....so I broadcast it....SORCERY will get us....it has to be that way.....The Scripture states that in the end times ....we will have no excuse for not seeing it coming, ....paraphrasing just one word.....

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The government IS afraid of its citizens. I bet many politicians in office right now have the greatest fear of the people realizing what is going on, and then rising up against them. Due to their actions, the people have EVERY right to depose them. The police force is just becoming a terror element, no different from the police in Nazi Germany or the former USSR. The US government is developing more and more commonust/totalitarian systems. They do one thing while say another.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
What he said in the video is the truth. If you can't see them militarizing police, then you have your head in the sand. This is an easy way to form a standing army to control you. What does our government see that warrants this? Why isn't more people shouting about this? From what I've read in everyone's postings, I see everyone sees it for what it is. They seem to be expecting people to revolt for some reason. Why is that? I hate # done in the shadows.

I don't know what to say but History usually repeats itself and it's not looking real good. What if the dollar collapses? Would there be a need for a standing army? What is the end result to come out of this? I can't believe everyone is so paranoid to give up their freedom for a false security. Ask the paranoid if they like showing their papers. They have groping going on at the airport for your security. I would at least like a cigarette after they are done getting those sexual deviant hands off my private parts. It's only fair. please don't irradiate my family jewels.

It's too late and things are on overdrive. I know I'll hear some say I'm a pessimist. Show me why they are forming a militarized police force. Show me why they are purchasing hollow points on the scale they are. Show me something positive if you can. Until then I'll sleep with one eye open. I won't believe nothing I hear and half of what I see.

See, now I'm paranoid. Noooooooooooooo!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity

Originally posted by HanzHenry

R E D C O A T S EVERYTHING redcoats did...-------------> Cops DO!

all one needs is a few hours on youtube, google, or even local news stations.

these are NOT Sheriff Andy Taylor anymore ---------------------- > BADGES are R E D C O A T S !!

You are completely correct. The violation of the 4th amendment is getting way out of hand. They bust in wherever they want and terrorize American's under the guise of looking for someone that isn't even at that address! It's happening more and more. If the burdensome taxes was enough to rebel over basically 3 taxes the colonies did not like, and the unwarranted searches (homes, road, stop and frisk) sort of things the redcoats were doing, our cops are doing it all over.

They are begging for a confrontation and they know they have us outgunned (2 billion rounds of HOLLOW POINT AMMO and MRAPS) all in the name of protecting us?! They have us dependent on them and fearful of losing our "paycheck" / welfare /SS". History is repeating itself.

war-fighting tactics and training... EVERYTHING is geared for a one dimensional assault. a Fire team or Squad assaulting a domicile. -- In this there is mastery.. But, we all remember these guys before the job. I know every cop in my hometown were the ..... of the surrounding counties. I can name 6 of them that I personally beat up in high school for justifiable reasons. usually getting girls drunk to..... them.

What would happen if every neighbor hood had a system where the bullets rain down from multiple locations as soon as they dismount and assemble..

HOW long would those cowards still FEEL BRAVE... imagine have 3 or 4 sniper veterans popping you from all sides with 9.3 or '06?

I dare say.. after a few times the bravado and strutting they do when raiding Grandma's house.. will be a thing of the past.

PLUS... they have to go to a home sometime to..

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

The criminal class is the rich.

The poor live in gated communities (prison), because they can't afford adequate legal representation.

The rich live in gated communities because they know what they deserve, and separate themselves from those they predate upon.

What planet are you from?, the "criminal Poor", gimme a break..

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sean
They seriously are under estimating the capability of a bunch of pissed off armed civilians and anarchists armed with things that go boom. When the smoke clears that armored vehicle would be swiss cheese and on fire.

This sort of thing is an agitation to a people "jealous of their rights". This vehicle is a riot control device, large scale. Its not even what SWAT would need in a bad situation, but a riot control vehicle which is even more telling.

For the guy that said it had guns on the top, those tubes on the roof are for firing tear gas shells.

We had a SWAT incident here not long ago. They were raiding a warehouse believed to be full of stolen property. They show up with a HUMVE with a pivoting shield rife slotted deal on the roof. The cops were all dressed up in full combat gear to include modern kevlar helmets. Couldn't tell the diff between them and combat soldiers.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join