It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asia suffers under severe heat wave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
More global warming induced chaos. I wonder how many years this will have to go on before people wake up?

www.cnn.com/2013/08/13/world/asia/asia-heat/index.html?hpt=hp_bn2

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
CNN

Here is your link i fixed it.

On Monday, the temperature reached 41 degrees Celsius (105.8 degrees Fahrenheit) in Shimanto in southern Japan, setting a new national record, according to the Japanese Meteorological Agency.

Japan is cooking, and its not from the radioactive filth coming from the nuke plant either.

Officials have warned of an imminent energy crisis. To try to prevent shortages, authorities on Monday ordered sweltering workers in government offices to turn off the air-conditioning and avoid using elevators. The order came two days after the city of Gimhae clocked a temperature of 39.2 degrees Celsius (102.6 degrees Fahrenheit), the highest in South Korea in more than a decade.

Korea has a similar problem, and its electric grid is struggling to keep up. They are down a few reactors.

After sweating through its hottest July in at least 140 years, Shanghai last week experienced four consecutive days during which the thermometer went above 40 degrees Celsius (104 degrees Fahrenheit), state media reported. That's the first time the sprawling city of 23 million inhabitants has had a run of temperatures that high, according to the Shanghai Meteorological Bureau.

That is some run of heat, only broke a hundred forty year old record.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Shanghai is in China. Not Korea.

North America isn't experiencing extremes this summer season. Global warming might be in play here but I don't understand how global warming is only affecting regional areas. Last year N. America had a hot summer, broke all kinds of records all over the place. This year its fairly status quo. Asia is getting it now.

Is it climate change? Maybe. Is it global warming? Maybe slightly but not much once you consider it globally.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I don't understand how global warming is only affecting regional areas

Obviously it varies based on ocean currents, topography, cloud cover, etc.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Obviously your whole OP could be based on ocean currents, topography, cloud cover, etc

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

It happens.

The US experiences this every so often too. It's been going on for years.

Back when I lived in Pennsylvania we had some Christmases where it was in the 70s.The average high for that time of year? Somewhere in the 30s. We also had days in July and August(where it's normally in the 90s) in the 60s - 70s. It's called weather. It tends to do its own thing.Nothing to see here. Making a story where there is none.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Well I live in the tropical region of S.E. Asia and the weather here is totally normal for this time of year, which happens to be the Monsoon season. Temperatures can reach 40+ centigrade in the dry season but today it's lashing down as usual (we get rain for 6 - 12 hours a day this time of year) and the temperature is down to 29 degrees.
Global warming is a con trick designed to get people to pay more tax, carbon credits are just another way for the mega rich to bleed small businesses.
p.s. it's just stopped raining.

new topics

join