It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Google Knows About YOU! Its Scarier Than I thought!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Well like I stated,. if it really concerns those that use the web,. the the real only alternative is to leave it behind. the thing is, movies like Minority Report, I Robot and Many others are a glimmer of our future, like it or not and unless the people do something about it it WILL keep grabbing control. Look at what Obama and bush have done to the American rights.. it is all slipping away.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

You mean you had a sense of humor? Geez. I'd like that!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
reply to post by Iamschist

Well like I stated,. if it really concerns those that use the web,. the the real only alternative is to leave it behind. the thing is, movies like Minority Report, I Robot and Many others are a glimmer of our future, like it or not and unless the people do something about it it WILL keep grabbing control. Look at what Obama and bush have done to the American rights.. it is all slipping away.

Couldn't agree with you more. George Orwell was unfortunately a prophet. The stage is almost set for total control of every aspect of our lives.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Arron Russo's "Freedom to Fascism
is a good place to start,.
a Guy orders a pizza and the pizza place changed his order cause he was a health risk
due to the amount of info they had on the guy.. Yeah, our lives are becoming government
property and a corporate interest.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Nice attempt, but a futile gesture on your part. TPTB already have all the data on you they need. unless you are using semaphore and passenger pigeons, there is no way the NSA doesn't have a full dossier on you. The age of Big Brother is already upon us.

edit on 14-8-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by VegaLyrah

You mean you had a sense of humor? Geez. I'd like that!

this planet really does need a reset,.
back to basics, no tv no internet, no phones..
just life and survival to rid the planet of the useless "things"
Although.. I must use google search at least 30 times a day

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by VegaLyrah

I truly feel bad that people always welcome the mass extinction of humans. I guess you don't believe things will ever get better at all?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

It's amazing how much money, supplies and preps it takes to go off grid. There's not too many places in and near the continental US that can provide such an existence. To maintain a semi-comfortable life, we'd need everything we've got. As in sell off the house, the unnecessary possessions, then a big goodbye to friends and family you may not be able to see again. That's how we keep in touch nowadays. Phones, internet. Pen is a rare form of communication, even face to face. Trust me, I have thought about it... A LOT.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GenesisDreadnaught

I do not "welcome" it. I said I would not be sore about it. My family welcomes it, I've been trained for the aftermath (if we happen to be spared). But I would never wish the mass extinction of billions.

The Earth needs a change though, do you not agree? The easy solution is just wipe most everyone out, but what are the alternatives?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenesisDreadnaught

I truly feel bad that people always welcome the mass extinction of humans. I guess you don't believe things will ever get better at all?

If you can go to a Mall or a grocery store and just look at the masses
of feeders on the system and the obesity most carry with them due to shear laziness
and not want a better world,. then well I think glasses might be in order.

A change is needed,. and sometimes casualties happen

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Unfortunately for most,. they did not start early enough,.
I saw this kind of future Many years ago,. and started my Bug out plan then.
I live the daily grind, but am prepared to leave it behind both financially and mentally.

www.teachingdrum.org is a good place to learn

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

People are only a product of their environment. We are programmed from birth in the States and other industrialized societies to consume, and internet and social media is apart of that.

Apparently ignorance is not bliss if you have others wishing your mass demise.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I am only in my 20's. Still a student, and still pretty much dependent on others. If I had a choice, I'd have my bug out plan. But this is OT.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by VegaLyrah

I do not "welcome" it. I said I would not be sore about it. My family welcomes it, I've been trained for the aftermath (if we happen to be spared). But I would never wish the mass extinction of billions.

The Earth needs a change though, do you not agree? The easy solution is just wipe most everyone out, but what are the alternatives?

Yeah there needs to be a change, but as for easy alternatives, there will never be none. If anything it will take time. If I wanted try and change the world and pretty much I want to try even though it is probably a far fetched dream. I want to own my own business and then later use that business to open up more businesses (mainly in small towns) and give them to people to control who want to help benefit the community.

In the first paragraph it seems like to me I was babbling on but I'll restate the point I was trying to make with the alternatives. There will never be an easy way to fix things, and it will always take a lot of effort on our part, especially when trying to do good deeds. Well when I think about I guess my previous idea isn't feasible. Maybe sometime soon I'll think of a good idea.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I wish you luck with your business endeavors! And if any of us could think of an easy solution, it would have been done.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I believe it was the NSA with the initial funding of the Google Empire, with that in mind the NSA has had all your Google activity for years.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Star and flag.

There wasn't much in my dashboard.

I don't sign into google to google. If you check your gmail, sign out upon exit. That goes for everything you sign into. Sign out, empty the cache.
It's so easy to leave your mail signed in. It's convenient. I used to but don't anymore.

ETA
It's scary to look at because you are seeing for the first time what they can see anyways. We need to sign into google to look at this dashboard.

Anyways I looked at mine again, seems I was signed in doing some googling. I obviously don't follow my own advice. I left it signed in one day in February and one day in march. Wow. I look like a bit of a psycho with what I was searching for on those days.
edit on 14-8-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Every Couple should just stick a BIG ASS camera in their bedrooms while they are y'know with it streaming to youtube, Yahoo, facebook, Twitter and everywhere else while they are at it
also install one in your bathroom so they can watch every time you take a dump!
Friggin SERIOUSLY!

Two things needed

OPERA WEB BROWSER (all the rest leak everything out about you)
Ghostery! Blocks Everything!

Blocking 1601 out of 1601 trackers.

Advertising : 769 trackers: blocking all

Analytics : 276 trackers: blocking all

Beacons : 322 trackers: blocking all

Privacy : 17 trackers: blocking all

Widgets : 217 trackers: blocking all

Yes I am Paranoid! I'm VERY, VERY PARANOID I'm always looking over my shoulder's in public!
edit on 14/8/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I may be biased in opinion because I already don't use a real name(with that cannot use Google+) on social networks that I am active on--same as I did before they became the norm. Also, that I do not own/use a cell phone, and pretty much parallels what this member has shared. The fact that I just shared that here(not saying ATS is involved), is something I am sure they already know via ISP, etc.:

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
This is why I:

1. Don't have an android phone
2. Don't use my gmail for anything other than stuff that will send me spam
3. Don't log in to google when I browse the web
4. Refuse to link my youtube account under my real name
5. Don't log into youtube unless I am uploading a video
6. Don't use the play store for anything, at all
7. Don't use google wallet (never have)
8. Don't allow google to store my passwords (never have)
9. Have location services turned off
10. Don't use google docs

I realize though that the majority of the zombified masses aren't tech-savy at all, and for them these features are "totally awesome!" and "save me so much time!".

That's the thing, all of these data collection points are sold to everyone as convenience tools. People don't bother to check their settings, understand where their data is going or how it is used.

If you are creeped out by Google, don't give them anything to be creeped out about.

Google users, who use all of those services, should not be surprised how invasive the collection is. As they do offer all of their information when using the services mentioned and including those that allow the tracking as with FB as well. Now they are now learning that it is not for a main storage database advertising, but collection of pretty much everything. Wow, really how many collection points are needed whether told to by NSA or are NSA? Companies are to make a killing off of their user profiles to the highest bidder.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
easy way to counter attack the privacy snooping internetz.... "like" stuff you don't... look at stuff you've never looked at... create an entirely different person everytime you're online... or simply don't use the internet for who you are at all... use it strictly for entertainment purposes. If you have important information pertaining to who you are and what you do that you do not want to be leaked to the public or ptb go incognito and I don't mean chrome's incognito mode lol that's only for getting back into ATS when they ban you for talking about fun stuff

But seriously people, you are not THAT special. Okay, some folder somewhere lies a file with your name on it and everything about you... is it really that bad? I feel honored to be spied on and might even act differently to who I am really due to nervousness and what not... but yeah there's tons of information all over the place constantly... does it really mean anything except for what you make out of it? Unless you're downloading the How To Make Your Own .50 caliber Guide from Atlantis (bada$$ huh? yeah I saw it on there couple days ago, pretty cool) and selling them to Jihad extremists for 150K a pop or taking some online course of how to split an atom... you really have nothing to worry about.

They don't care THAT much about you that out of the MILLIONS of terabytes of information YOU are losing your rights or privacy. Just because some girl's boob falls out while walking down the boulevard... doesn't mean anyone seen it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join