It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stockman invites controversial rodeo clown to Texas

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This is quite amusing. After being banned from performing in Missouri for life the intrepid Obama rodeo clown is invited to come on down to (where else) Texas.

Texas Republican Rep. Steve Stockman has invited the rodeo clown who caused a stir this week when he mocked President Barack Obama during an act at the Missouri State Fair to come perform in Texas, saying the negative reaction to the act amount to “liberals … targeting this man for personal destruction.”

Stockman invites controversial rodeo clown to Texas

Go Texas!
edit on 14-8-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

How are you going to ban someone from a whole state?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willtell
reply to post by Bassago

How are you going to ban someone from a whole state?

There, I added "from performing" to the post. Better?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Sometimes I just shake my head at the goings on in my home state. May the gods place Rep. Steve Stockman and his rodeo clown in the same car as it burst into flames.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
Sometimes I just shake my head at the goings on in my home state. May the gods place Rep. Steve Stockman and his rodeo clown in the same car as it burst into flames.

"Ditto!" I can't help but feel the same way and the bad part is that it's becoming an almost all the time sort of thing.

I'm beginning to think that maybe it's something in the water. You know, with all the fracking and everything going on here since the shale oil & gas boom got cranked up.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

When you are "banned" from satire of an individual and people take umbrage over said satire, then that's when you know you live under tyranny.

Or have any of you "liberals" never made fun of Sarah Palin?

Hypocrisy much?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Bassago

When you are "banned" from satire of an individual and people take umbrage over said satire, then that's when you know you live under tyranny.

Hypocrisy much?

Guess they never watched Saturday nite live EVER in their lives.

Agreed master jedi Bunnicus the force is strong with you.
edit on 14-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Bassago

Hypocrisy much?

Tyranny by who, the government? No, no, no...this clown (literally) was out of line and society laid down your so called "tyranny". It is one of the consequences of "free speech". Live by it, die by it. Drama much?
edit on 14-8-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

reply to post by Bassago

Hypocrisy much?

Tyranny by who, the government? No, no, no...this clown (literally) was out of line and society laid down your so called "tyranny". Drama much?

Actual photo of a liberal who got what they usually dish out.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Bassago

Hypocrisy much?

What??? I think Missouri was out of it's mind for even taking any of this seriously. Personally free speech is a favorite of mine (that's why I'm here on ATS.) Also Sarah Palin is a hoot, a little scary sometimes but a hoot none the less.

"you liberals?" Huh? I'm a total Constitutionalist. Just found the political circus amusing, not the clown banning.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The "you liberals" was directed not at you.

Apologies for the misdirection.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
And to just point out, I should state "progressives" since most liberals do have a sense of humour and just don't agree with conservative solutions.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

And to just point out, I should state "progressives" since most liberals do have a sense of humour and just don't agree with conservative solutions.

So to get back OT it is hereby noted that Missouri can't take a joke.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I would say the clown story is what it means to live under a progressive totalitarian state where only one group can be ridiculed, and the other who just so happens to be in power becomes beyond reproach.

Tyrannical despotism by any other name is a Clown banned for making a joke, and the real joke get's a free pass because those progressives worship at the alter of statolatry.

They have deified a man,

They have deified the state.

Where anyone who is critical of their savior is now a blasphemer, a heretic, and deserves to be punished (see another ATS thread for clarification).

What America has become.

What we allow to go on in this country,

Is a disgrace to us all.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Bassago

Hypocrisy much?

as a proud self proclaimed 80's kid..

who doesn't remember the Nixon and Reagan Masks?

oops, I guess the old Genesis Video would be a no-no now, the way it "ridiculed" Ron and Nancy..

OMG... How PROPHETIC of a song..

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Prophetic indeed. Really like some of those old videos. If all the people complaining about the clown could watch this and then loosen their underwear a couple of notches maybe we would have a lot less hysteria in the US.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Yeah
I remember watching that on MTV when it first aired
it was entertaining, and funny,. we didnt hear Reagan cryin about it..
I am sure the Obama team caught wind of it and threatened racism to Missouri

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Hmmm, it was my understanding that what caused all the nonsense was not the clown, but what the announcer said on the microphone.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Bassago

Hmmm, it was my understanding that what caused all the nonsense was not the clown, but what the announcer said on the microphone.

And what did the announcer say on the microphone? And if the announcer why not ban him?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Bassago

And what did the announcer say on the microphone? And if the announcer why not ban him?

He asked the crowd if any of them wanted to see Obama run over by a bull.

Which received a massive round of cheers each time he said it.

edit on 14-8-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join