It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Avatar pic, Why?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I picked Bucky because no matter how much he screws up or say's the wrong stuff and makes the connections in a half ass manor he still seems to get buy ...Plus he looks good like me.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I chose mine because of all the colors(I don't have a favorite color) I love all the colors. I can lean to one color depending on the mood I am in from day to day. I like how it makes me feel when I look at it. it makes me feel peace and harmony. Everything for me, must be in balance. It symbolizes for me, the spirit and everything within this planet. I am not one way only. I change from day to day, so I am a bit of everything. (No, I don't have personality disorder) lol.
That is why I also chose soulsearching8 the 8 representing infinity. Searching my soul and everything that I am for infinity.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I picked the Book of Mudora (A Link to the Past), "this green book is a chronological bibliography of the creation, history and legends of Hyrule"

To me it symbolizes knowledge and truth.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Mine is of one of the first "ghost" photos that truly scared me. I remember in middle school our library had the complete collection of the Time Life books: Mysteries of the Unknown. (Side note: I would really like to get my hands on the complete collection for myself) One of the books had an article about the Amityville house and this was one of the photos of the investigation involving the Warrens.

The first time that picture was shown was on the Merv Griffin show back in 1979. It was discovered 3 years after it was taken. Gene Campbell, who was a professional photographer, was brought into the house in 1976 when the Warrens went in with their team. He set up an automatic camera on the 2nd floor landing that shot off infrared, with black and white film throughout the night. There are literally rolls of film with nothing on them. There's only one picture of the little boy. It is believed to be the youngest DeFeo boy who was murdered in the house.

Whether you believe it or not, this still ranks as one of the creepiest photos for me and increased my interest in all things paranormal.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

S&F

I picked my avatar based off of what I love most in this chaotic world. Astronomy for my background, and my dog as my avatar. His name is Ace, and I have had him since the day he was born. When I was 17 I started to live on my own, and my dad bought him for me. My dad passed away a year and a half after he got Ace for me, so he has majority of my heart.

Thanks for the thread OP, it's cool to find out why people chose their avatar.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Originally posted by jcutler12888
I just used a picture of myself because I was too lazy to pick anything meaningful and I just wanted to dive head first into the threads without wasting any time. I haven't changed it since I joined because I only post from my iPhone or iPad and I haven't figured out how to upload pictures from Apple devices...again, that's probably just laziness on my part.

edit on 8/15/2013 by jcutler12888 because: REASONS

Thats okay, most of us guys dont mind your real pic there, we keep drooling over it

ETA: you cant upload pics from a tablet or smartphone,. you need to use a computer
edit on 8/15/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

LOL! Thank you, Homer! Then I'll just keep my picture and not worry about it...for the sake of others. LOL

Really? No tablets or smartphones?? But getting on my laptop is such a hassle...oops, my lazy is showing again.

PS You must not be far from me, I live in Charleston but spend a lot of time in Greenville, right at the SC/NC border across from Hendersonville and Asheville. So hey there, neighbor!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
So many interesting backstories already
. Here is mine.

I'm an avid gamer, and have loved the mass effect series. Especially ME2. One of my favourite characters was an alien called Thane.

When ME3 was released there was a big hubbub about the treatment of that character, and a girl on the forum asked me to make a graphic in support of Thane for something she was sending to Bioware (the gaming company behind the ME series).

My avatar is a small version of the the resulting graphic. It seemed fitting as I am also very interested in the Aliens and UFO's forum, and that was what drew me to ATS originally.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
i like spinny things, and skulls !

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Love motorcycles. Especially the # 1 Yamaha YZR 500 of Wayne Rainey. I Wonder what the FIM scene would have been for US Riders if not for the crippling crash in Italy (1993). We used to dominate the FIM scene for a while.
edit on 15-8-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

My original avatar was this

But you could only see the angel as back then I didn't know how to resize it.

The guys at avatar creations sexed it up and resized it for me to this

Then I posted this pic in my members as teenagers thread

Humanseh took the concept and placed my avatar on the back of my jacket gave me a top and bottom rocker

And the rest as they say is history

Hence

Cody

edit on 15/8/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Good tale and nicely done.

Keep em coming, ive plenty more popcorn

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

It was a natural evolution and I love it.

I have a full sized one framed and hanging on my wall, it makes an interesting conversation piece
and always makes me smile when I look at it and think of ATS.

Cody

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
My current avatar is that of the Rubiks "Mirror Blocks" Cube.

It's a bit of an inside joke with a real life friend of mine who can solve a standard Rubiks cube in a matter of seconds.....I got him the Mirror blocks one day several years ago and everytime we cross paths he curses me because he's been unable to get it reassembled back into the regular cube shape even after all this time.

I haven't been able to do it either - but it's a fun time waster.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

mirror blocks?

Ive not played with such a thing before. But from your post im not exactly sure i should, since i dont think ive ever held a rubix cube long enough to want to finish it.

still, im intrigued
edit on 15-8-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
It was a proud moment, receiving my eighty-third medal from the Dear Leader. I was almost at a loss for words.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
It was a proud moment, receiving my eighty-third medal from the Dear Leader. I was almost at a loss for words.

You I like.

That was pretty good

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
It is mildly amusing and someone told me they didn't like it. Changed it a few times, but always seem to come back to this one until I can find something better. Which was what this one was...something better than what I had. Besides, those were the droids, I think people can relate to the situation which is what makes it funny.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
It is mildly amusing and someone told me they didn't like it. Changed it a few times, but always seem to come back to this one until I can find something better. Which was what this one was...something better than what I had. Besides, those were the droids, I think people can relate to the situation which is what makes it funny.

I've always wanted to post this to you Ahabstar.

This thread,
has finally given me the chance.

Mike

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Awesome!

Wish I could applaud.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax