It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Avatar pic, Why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
mine is a ukiyo-e print from japan

Sojobo and yo#sune

it represents a mythical creature instructing a genuine historical figure the arts of warfare and strategy.
he went on to become one of japans greatest hero's...legend of the gempei wars and beginning of the legend of samurai.

only to be killed by his jealous brother.
edit on 15-8-2013 by okamitengu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
We are all one, within duality, within synchronicity, i live to try to remind people of that but alas, we all come in alone and leave with no one but ourselves.
So strive to be the most pure part of your being and hold compassion as a key motivation.
There is no time for degenerate emotions or egos.
All souls inhabit a one time use body, remember this; we are all invaluable and legendary.

We all synthesize with the Omega point at the end of our time.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Ha! Some great responses and im surprised by the number that do have a meaning behind them.

When i started the the thread i hoped it wouldn't be a list of people saying "because i thought it was cool/nice/pretty/dark etc." Some really decent reasons!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I'm big into aliens and I'm a chain smoker

ETA: I'm the one wearing the mask BTW

edit on 8/15/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I just used a picture of myself because I was too lazy to pick anything meaningful and I just wanted to dive head first into the threads without wasting any time. I haven't changed it since I joined because I only post from my iPhone or iPad and I haven't figured out how to upload pictures from Apple devices...again, that's probably just laziness on my part.

edit on 8/15/2013 by jcutler12888 because: REASONS

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcutler12888
I just used a picture of myself because I was too lazy to pick anything meaningful and I just wanted to dive head first into the threads without wasting any time. I haven't changed it since I joined because I only post from my iPhone or iPad and I haven't figured out how to upload pictures from Apple devices...again, that's probably just laziness on my part.

edit on 8/15/2013 by jcutler12888 because: REASONS

Thats okay, most of us guys dont mind your real pic there, we keep drooling over it

ETA: you cant upload pics from a tablet or smartphone,. you need to use a computer
edit on 8/15/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
It a painting my older sister did of me
a hybrid grey human

But i think she the real alien in the family.
edit on 15-8-2013 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Since I am sailing through these peaceful seas I might as well send out a communique.

I use the avatar to symbolically metamorphose into an Iowa Class BB for the purposes of withstanding heavy artillery, air strikes, or even torpedo attacks with this extremely thick armor. (People talking smack)

I have various battery of weaponry, from an assortment of AAA to shore bombardment capability.
(Good retorts, wit)

As the flagship of the battle group, I coordinate and plan attacks in conjunction with other fleets/divisions in the "war for our minds", or if necessary I will spearhead my own surprise shore invasions to take the enemy by surprise.

In fact... I am amid a secret operation currently and my true intentions and goals will only be known once I commence the initial bombardment phase and start getting some troops on shore.
D-Day is coming but the timing and nature of the strike still remain unknown to even myself until the final moments leading up to it.

It will be glorious even if I fail to meet all my objectives. A glorious defeat.
Hopefully not though.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

It's really unattainable..you will have to figure it out in time.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu

Sojobo and yo#sune

it represents a mythical creature instructing a genuine historical figure the arts of warfare and strategy.
he went on to become one of japans greatest hero's...legend of the gempei wars and beginning of the legend of samurai.

Thanks for bringing that up, I'm totally loving reading about what you just got me into.
Fascinating stuff.
Appreciate your contribution to my enlightenment.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Since I am sailing through these peaceful seas I might as well send out a communique.

I use the avatar to symbolically metamorphose into an Iowa Class BB for the purposes of withstanding heavy artillery, air strikes, or even torpedo attacks with this extremely thick armor. (People talking smack)

I have various battery of weaponry, from an assortment of AAA to shore bombardment capability.
(Good retorts, wit)

As the flagship of the battle group, I coordinate and plan attacks in conjunction with other fleets/divisions in the "war for our minds", or if necessary I will spearhead my own surprise shore invasions to take the enemy by surprise.

In fact... I am amid a secret operation currently and my true intentions and goals will only be known once I commence the initial bombardment phase and start getting some troops on shore.
D-Day is coming but the timing and nature of the strike still remain unknown to even myself until the final moments leading up to it.

It will be glorious even if I fail to meet all my objectives. A glorious defeat.
Hopefully not though.

|\|$@ flag!

Ok.. When swat come to ask you about what this means..... duck!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by okamitengu

Sojobo and yo#sune

Thanks for bringing that up, I'm totally loving reading about what you just got me into.
Fascinating stuff.
Appreciate your contribution to my enlightenment.

Which.... tengu
Or the gempei wars?
Or minamoto and the kamakura bafuku?

Pm me or we can start a thread to explore them if u like. Dont want to derail!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I like to make my own art.
I was messing around with a picture I made, I found all these weird little things in it, my avatar being one of them.
It looked like a freaky little ratman to me in a bubble so I went with it....lol

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
When it has been warm enough here in the evenings, I've been making hubby take my out on the golf cart, to take pictures of our local wildlife.
Since my new camera has a 50x zoom, the deer think they are well hidden. I've actually been lucky enough to get a few shots like this.
I just think they are so beautiful.

Still trying to get a picture of the fox behind our house. If I ever do, that will be my next avatar.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Is that you in that picture? Whoever it is, looks like a young Rick Shroder!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
My avatar is usually a male TV character I can identify with. The one at the time of this post is Harry Dresden from the Dresden Files (an older TV show about a modern day wizard...and an excellent book series by Jim Butcher, whom I'll be meeting later this month...
)

In the past, I've had characters like Klaus from Vampire Diaries, Mulder from X-Files, Walter from Fringe, etc.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hello Everybody,
Such interesting stories.
My avatar is a character from 'Game of Thrones'. She is known as, "Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons.
She is the ultimate embodiment of strength, intelligence and compassion...and probably my favourite fictional female character.
I also have very long blonde hair, but where she has a dragon on her shoulder....I have a ferret, lol.

She tames a wild man, eats a raw stallion heart and frees slaves.
Yep, she's my gal.
jacygirl

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Mine? Daryl Dixon kicks ass.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Mine? Daryl Dixon kicks ass.

Read the comics?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Mine has to do with Memento Mori.
I often ponder death and wonder if there is truly an afterlife. The darkness and the mystery behind it intrigues me. Was going to put a scorpion there (scorpio), but couldn't find a good one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join