It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have the Feeling of Excessive Tallness, What Does This Mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I just wanted to share something with you all which some of you may have an answer to, or you may have experienced yourself….

The last few months I have been experiencing something that I can only describe as excessive tallness, I know it sounds a bit mad, but I don’t really know of any other way to describe it…

I am only an average height, 5ft 10, but when I go outside and walk around it is as though I am towering above everybody and looking down on them. It is really difficult to explain a feeling that you have, especially if nobody else has had a similar experience, well as far as you know they haven’t. ..

I have been on the earth 48 years now and this topic of conversation has never cropped up when in the pub with my mates…haha….in fact I don’t even think that I have even seen this mentioned on TV, or any other media, as far as I know…

When I walk down the street I seem to be looking down at the floor from a great height, a height well above my own height, when I look down my feet seem to be much more of a distance away than what they usually do. I know this sound ludicrous, but that’s the only way I can describe it…

This feeling of tallness also brings out a feeling of some kind of superiority, as if nothing can hurt me, I suppose it’s a bit similar to King Kong swatting away the airplanes when he is on top of the Empire State building. This feeling only lasts a short period, probably about 30/40 minutes and then I appear to go back to feeling my normal height and not feel as strong as the King Kong analogy above…

I just want to say that I am not on any kind of medication or indeed any other kind of drug at this moment in time; I just wanted to know if anybody out there has ever heard a similar experience by someone else or indeed felt this experience for themselves…

This may sound a bit wacky, but it’s happening to me and that’s all there is to it really….

So any ideas or knowledge about this strange feeling I am having? I am open to any suggestions you may have, no matter how serious or funny they may be. After all it can’t get any more crazy can it?

Cheers…….

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It could be possible you're experiencing depth perception issues.

Have you had it checked lately?? ...and that is not an old person joke I swear

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
If you mean you you get a feeling like your growing taller while your standing, then i know just what you mean. I get that feeling from time to time. Or maybe its more like your local gravity is lessened for a few moments, but nobody your with notices it so you say nothing.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

When was the last time you had your eyes examined.

I know someone who had a similar issue and turns out that they were farsighted. It is something that happened over a Very short period of time. It was like 2 weeks when he started complaining about a heigth issue then found out what the problem was.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
It could be possible you're experiencing depth perception issues.

Have you had it checked lately?? ...and that is not an old person joke I swear

Thanks for that I shall have a look into depth perception, that is something that quite interests me after doing a quick Google search....

Nice one....

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I was thinking depth perception as well.
Have you had a change in your diet or exercise lately? I'm just wondering if there's some other kind of chemical reaction since you ruled out drugs/medication.
My other thought is that it could be a psychological related perspective. Have you recently achieved something great? or accomplished a major milestone that has elevated your mood and confidence?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
If you mean you you get a feeling like your growing taller while your standing, then i know just what you mean. I get that feeling from time to time. Or maybe its more like your local gravity is lessened for a few moments, but nobody your with notices it so you say nothing.

Yeah, you are so right, now that I think about it I am not excessively tall as soon as I start to walk anywhere, it seems to be a gradual kind of feeling until I am actually looking down on things that would normally appear to be above me.Obviously nobody has ever mentioned my excessive height, so it must just be within my own state of mind...

cheers

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

When was the last time you had your eyes examined.

I know someone who had a similar issue and turns out that they were farsighted. It is something that happened over a Very short period of time. It was like 2 weeks when he started complaining about a heigth issue then found out what the problem was.

Now that you mention it I haven't had an eye test for about 8 or so years. I know that my eyesight has deteriorated over the last few years because I find it hard to read a daily newspaper these days, but I just put it down to getting older. So maybe I should book myself and eye test and see what comes of it...I can see the moon, but I can't read a newspaper...

cheers

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

It could be far sightedness, as mentioned by other posters.

However, there are also some neurological conditions which can cause strange visual disturbances, ranging from spots of light, to alterations in perception. Some of these conditions require tumors or damage to the brain in order to come about. Its probably worth going to see your doctor, AND an optician about this matter.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cleverhans
I was thinking depth perception as well.
Have you had a change in your diet or exercise lately? I'm just wondering if there's some other kind of chemical reaction since you ruled out drugs/medication.
My other thought is that it could be a psychological related perspective. Have you recently achieved something great? or accomplished a major milestone that has elevated your mood and confidence?

Funny you should say that cleverhans. I have to have a knee operation next week so my walking has not been too good recently which has had an affect on my weight gain due to not exercising as much as I normally would. In fact I have been feeling quite sluggish apart from when I get the feeling of superiority when I feel taller. I haven't really experienced anything great, in fact I have been quite the opposite having recently being made redundant and a certain loss of confidence when not being chosen for interviews for jobs that I would normally get a call for, but I just think that my age is against me now, not because I am not good at my normal type of job...

If I could maintain the height and the superiority I feel when I feel taller then I would try a new career of wrestling

cheers for your reply.....

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

It could be far sightedness, as mentioned by other posters.

However, there are also some neurological conditions which can cause strange visual disturbances, ranging from spots of light, to alterations in perception. Some of these conditions require tumors or damage to the brain in order to come about. Its probably worth going to see your doctor, AND an optician about this matter.

Wow, that's interesting, I was actually diagnosed with a condition called Acromegaly 6 years ago and I had to have a brain tumor removed from my pituitary gland, plus 5 weeks of radiation therapy. Maybe I should go and pay my Endocrinologist a visit..........thanks for that TrueBrit, I do try and put my Acromegaly at the back of my mind, but that could make some sense..........cheeeeeers......

en.wikipedia.org...
Here is a link about Acromegaly........

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Just a couple ideas which may or may not work.
(probably not, but hey, let's try anyways...)

• Rip the souls off the bottom of your shoes.

• Maybe your posture is too good. If you start drinking more, and start earlier, it may give you more of a slouch. A bit of a wobble might also be helpful.

• Wear a weighted dive belt around your waist. Heck, if you decide to take it off midway through the day, it might even make you feel like you're flying. lol

• posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:11 PM
    link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Just a couple ideas which may or may not work.
    (probably not, but hey, let's try anyways...)

• Rip the souls off the bottom of your shoes.

• Maybe your posture is too good. If you start drinking more, and start earlier, it may give you more of a slouch. A bit of a wobble might also be helpful.

• Wear a weighted dive belt around your waist. Heck, if you decide to take it off midway through the day, it might even make you feel like you're flying. lol

• Hahahahahhaaaaaaaaa, brilliant..........what more can I say? love it..........

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:59 PM
    link   

Hello davethebear.

If this state of "tallness" has no physical or neurological roots, I am drawn to a metaphysical conclusion; you are experiencing an expansion of consciousness. The feeling that nothing can hurt you arises because when your consciousness expands beyond the "normal" human perception, we see clearly that there is only consciousness.

Peace.

P.S.

The next time you have the "tallness" feeling, try to experience if you can become wider also. Try to become as tall as you can. You may be surprised to find a fully enlightened experience.

edit on 8/14/13 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:13 PM
    link   
    Maybe you have not notice being surrounded by short people lately?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:23 PM
    link   
    I agree it's probably a perception issue. Could be a sensory disturbance.

Or body dysmorphic disorder -- a questionnaire for it.....here...www.ocdla.com...

Of course, that is typically associated with very negative feelings about one's body.

Plus, I think we are actually a bit taller in the mornings when we first rise..........
    edit on 8/14/2013 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:18 PM
    link   

I go through bouts of exaggerated wellness. I mean, physically I'm a wreck, but every now and then it feels like my chest is sticking way out, my tummy in, and I feel strong enough to beat the snot out people. Of course, I fully realize that all I have to do is walk a hundred feet and my legs give out, and I get chest pains almost daily. So, I know this feeling of wellness is only imagined and not real.

Why does this happen? No idea.

top topics

join