It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAACP: The 4th branch of government

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by seabag

Actually "Colored People" is antiquated.........

I think they should change their name, and promote all people of color. Every Color. MHO

They're only interested in promoting black progressives.

NAABP - The National Association for the Advancement of Black Progressives would be more accurate.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Are you serious???

I don’t recall such a racially charged group ever having so much influence in America.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

Are you serious???

Actually I am.

What racial group has more influence? None in my lifetime.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Gee, I dont know.. oh wait!

Klu Klux Klan Members in Untied States politics....

Is that really a President on this list?

And I dont care if they were there for a BBQ, there is no way in the world that you statement holds water... not then, and not now.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Ummm……how old are you?

Those are all WAY before my lifetime and before the civil rights movement.

My point stands.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

My age doesnt matter, and neither should the fact that there are and have always been racists in our so called "structured" system, and frankly its a bit naive to think otherwise.

The reason for the "civil rights movement" that you actually mentioned was due to the thing that you claim is no longer existent.

Peace, NRE.

BTW, I wasnt alive when Truman was in office, but until that is relevant (by asking how old someone is to try to discount the relevancy to the topic) to my great, great, great, great, grandchildren, than it still holds water.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

My age doesnt matter, and neither should the fact that there are and have always been racists in our so called "structured" system, and frankly its a bit naive to think otherwise.

There has been, but IN MY LIFETIME (I’m 39) the NAACP has been the most influential race-based organization. By the way, the KKK wasn’t funded by American tax payers.

The reason for the "civil rights movement" that you actually mentioned was due to the thing that you claim is no longer existent.

True!

Again….before my lifetime. I wasn’t alive during racial turmoil in this country. The only racial turnmoil I’ve been exposed to is that which has been drummed up by NAACP, Sharpton, Jackson, Obama, Holder et al.

BTW, I wasnt alive when Truman was in office, but until that is relevant (by asking how old someone is to try to discount the relevancy to the topic) to my great, great, great, great, grandchildren, than it still holds water.
I was simply pointing to the fact that since you and I have graced the earth with our presence, the NAACP has been the most powerful racial organization.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Funny how nobody expects the first black president to be more sympathic towards blacks. Just like every other president elected. Kinda refreshing that he isn't hiding it unlike past presidents and the government in general. If he didn't cater towards blacks I would think that would be stranger. Dont worry white america is still in full control quit being scared and let the guy help or act like he's helping his people. Its almost over. Everytjing will be all white...I mean alright soon.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jahari

Funny how nobody expects the first black president to be more sympathic towards blacks. Just like every other president elected. Kinda refreshing that he isn't hiding it unlike past presidents and the government in general.
You mean like that Republican named Lincoln?

If he didn't cater towards blacks I would think that would be stranger. Dont worry white america is still in full control quit being scared and let the guy help or act like he's helping his people. Its almost over. Everytjing will be all white...I mean alright soon.
So you’re cool with racists using government agencies and tax payer money to attack people and groups simply to cater to one particular race? Got it!

What does that say about you?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Lincoln really? What about him? No I don't. America has catered towards european americans since its inception. Why not give the other minority groups four to eight years here and there? Its bigger issues concerning your tax dollars. My question to you is why do you feel so strongly about this one?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
There is absolutely nothing to support your claims that the NAACP wields any amount of authority let alone enough to be considered a 4th branch of government. The DOJ has all along said it was going to investigate the Zimmerman issue, that investigation began before he was arrested and isn't finished and it is something that many Americans wanted not just the NAACP. The letter regarding the rodeo clown... perhaps it wouldn't have been noteworthy had the dude not been pulling at his lips and the added commentary of the announcer.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I tried to follow all 3 pages of all this back and forth. It was kind of hard. I saw this story on the local news as I live in Kansas City area, and I was a bit confused as to why it was on the news at all? Sure they made fun of Obama, but haven't many t.v. shows and the likes made fun of Presidents? It's all entertainment. What makes it SUCH a big deal? Just the situation in itself.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
There is absolutely nothing to support your claims that the NAACP wields any amount of authority let alone enough to be considered a 4th branch of government.
That's your opinion.

The letter regarding the rodeo clown... perhaps it wouldn't have been noteworthy had the dude not been pulling at his lips and the added commentary of the announcer.
Are you telling me that wearing an Obama mask and making fun of his ears or lips is a direct threat to his well being??

Ridiculous....your statement and the NAACP's.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Maybe you need to do a little research as to why it's a big deal to make fun of black peoples lips. You can start with Blackface.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Am I the only one who sees this as a big problem?

I'm sure you aren't the only one, but you are definitely part of an extreme minority that thinks there is reverse racism going on.

The rest of us are just glad that the racist of this country are being called out and shamed.

The good thing is that the younger generation is much less racist than the old generation...the good thing is that old racists die...and their racism with it.

So hopefully you won't see much of this in the future, not because it is the wrong thing to do, but because hopefully the racist will die off and we can move on.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

Are you serious???

Actually I am.

What racial group has more influence? None in my lifetime.

OMG, LOL.

Yes, no other racial group has more influence in this country...it isn't like Whites have run this country for the past...oh...forever...or anything.

I can't believe someone actually thinks like this...blowing my mind.

edit on 14-8-2013 by AlienScience because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Maybe you need to do a little research as to why it's a big deal to make fun of black peoples lips. You can start with Blackface.

Still not an actual threat...just disrespectful. Is being disrespectful to Obama a crime now? Is that worthy of Secret Service scrutiny? You'd better watch your back then....I've read some of your posts about Obama and you might get a knock on your door, too, if this is the new criteria.

I've seen Bush's likeness burned in effigy countless times. That seems like a more credible threat to the POTUS than goofing on Obama's lips.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

reply to post by seabag

Still not an actual threat...just disrespectful. Is being disrespectful to Obama a crime now? Is that worthy of Secret Service scrutiny? You'd better watch your back then....I've read some of your posts about Obama and you might get a knock on your door, too, if this is the new criteria.

I've seen Bush's likeness burned in effigy countless times. That seems like a more credible threat to the POTUS than goofing on Obama's lips.

Im going to jump back in as you cannot say anything about my posts about Obama.

Your not being disrespectful to the so called POTUS but to an entire nationality of people, come on seabag, your better than this,

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Came across this article earlier tonight and thought I'd share - since it seems to be germane to this topic...

Interesting article about "Reverse racism"

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thank you for that, I would like to share but just a bit from that link, so that this is not misconstrued later.

This is where that most taboo of topics, White Privilege, comes into play. There are two types of people that dislike AA, those who don’t understand that being white gives them an unearned advantage (while simultaneously being black bestows distinct disadvantages) and those who are quite aware that black people are treated badly and are perfectly fine with that. When these two groups complain that Affirmative Action is unfair, the first actually believes they are being discriminated against because they do not understand how much it sucks to be black in America (I used to be among this group) while the second sees the inequality AA addresses not as a problem to be solved but as an outcome to be desired. The second group tends to be the one that pretends Affirmative Action is racist because “it assumes that black people are helpless.”

And here is a bit from me personally that has NOTHING to do with Heff's link, as I was in this since early on....

As I am personally sick and tired of people acting like they have the right to talk about others that they never had to live in their shoes. this day was bound to happen, not because you didnt try to prevent it, but because you underestimated those that have had enough.

NRE..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join