It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voter ID Bill question.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I have a problem with all of these technicalities and changes to voter length etc, on the basis that voter fraud is a real problem, when in fact stats would suggest it is not.

Voting length and methods have the potential, and have been abused.

Dead people vote in this country

www.npr.org...

Stuff like this happens across the country all the time:

www.bizpacreview.com...

Not isolated incidents.

Most people have ID already I see no big deal.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Obtain employment . . . must show valid I.D. per federal law.

Social Services . . . must show valid I.D. per federal/state law.

Rent or Mortgage in your name . . . must show valid I.D. per federal law.

Purchase a firearm (which I don't see dems/libs/minorities complaining about their stifling of constitutional rights here) . . . must show valid I.D. per federal law.

Not to mention a litany of other things like drive, buy alcohol/cigs, travel (by plane or rail), cash a check at a bank, etc., etc..

So who really is this disenfranchising? Homeless people, drug dealers, shiftless layabouts? And the claim is that this is to target Dems and Minorities? So, Dems and Minorities are all homeless criminals who free load off of their relatives and friends? Nice to see them stick up for themselves like that . . .

I don't know how it is in most states, but where I live a state I.D. is $25. If you can't or won't shell that out to get a valid I.D. for the multitude of things they are needed for . . . I guarantee you aren't even going to give the effort to get your sorry a out of bed to go and exercise your "right" to vote.
edit on 8/14/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienScience
reply to post by network dude

The things in the bill that seem to stifle known voter fraud techniques make perfect sense. I feel like the opposition to this is bringing hypothetical ideals to the table instead of reality.

Actually the hypothetical IS voter fraud.

Study after study have been done and none of them find any statistical significant voter fraud.

Actually, if you lived here you might remember some of the more colorful voter fraud events. This was big news around here a few years back. And there were quite a few different cases with different angles. One group was voting all the recently dead folks ballots in each precinct. That right there would be stopped cold with the ID law.

<< 1   >>

join