It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Foundation Attacked by NY Times -Clintons May Be Ruined- NY Times Site Gone Missing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Talk about your conspiracies! Where the heck did the NY Times go? The NY Times exposes the Cliinton Foundation and now their site is deader than a doornail!

The New York Times takes down the Clinton Foundation. This could be devastating for Bill and Hillar

For all of its successes, the Clinton Foundation had become a sprawling concern, supervised by a rotating board of old Clinton hands, vulnerable to distraction and threatened by conflicts of interest. It ran multimillion-dollar deficits for several years, despite vast amounts of money flowing in.

The NYT runs the scoop in its usual balanced, inoffensive way – but the problem jumps right off the page. The Clintons have never been able to separate the impulses to help others and to help themselves, turning noble philanthropic ventures into glitzy, costly promos for some future campaign (can you remember a time in human history when a Clinton wasn't running for office?). And their "Ain't I Great?!" ethos attracts the rich and powerful with such naked abandon that it ends up compromising whatever moral crusade they happen to have endorsed that month. That the Clinton Global Initiative is alleged to have bought Natalie Portman a first-class ticket for her and her dog to attend an event in 2009 is the tip of the iceberg. More troubling is that businessmen have been able to expand the profile of their companies by working generously alongside the Clinton Foundation. From the NYT:

It's gone!
NY Times

URL to article, and obviously it is dead dead dead also!
Unease At Clinton Foundation Over Finances And Ambitions

edit on 14-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

How bizarre that the NYT is down. Cyber attack?

Looking to find a mirred article.

In the mean time, The Atlantic has a few comments, and one choice
sentence from the NYT article!

"Brilliant people get away with a lot in The Clinton World".

She'd also enter the White House knowing how to manipulate the levers of power. Experience was part of the case she made for herself in 2008, and after Foggy Bottom, she has even more of it. In many ways, that's a good thing, but one needn't look very far back to see its dark side. Dick Cheney's familiarity with the levers of power enabled him to sneakily exercise too much of it. The problem wasn't just that he was vice president. Long experience taught him how to aggregate maximum power in the executive branch. Is that the sort of vice that would temp Hillary Clinton?

I rather think so. www.theatlantic.com...

edit on 14-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

NYT down! I know a few people who are probably very happy that it is!

Just go to Drudge Report for good time. Drudge's Telegraph Link

edit on 14-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Interesting if the two are related. Odd that a liberal rag would do a hit piece on Clinton. In a sense, that is what people want though, institutions vetting their own. It shows responsibility and credibility.

If both the Dems and the Cons vetted all their own institutions, it would be like mom and dad keeping their kids in line. But they don't (for the most part) and that's why the two party system doesn't work.

As far as the foundation goes, if the new quid pro quo is to help Haitian villagers to get into the pockets of politicians... is that such a bad thing? Look, we know that the government is bought and sold by lobbyists, but if they all have to do the buying and selling under the pretence of charitable work, isn't that a better way for it to happen?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

This documentary explores Clinton's shady dealings

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

In addition to the NYT site, Microsoft's Outlook/Hotmail is down, too. Twitter is buzzing about the outages.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by drwill

So it might just be a mass outage right now. But odd that the site it down like that.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by drwill

I just logged into my old Hotmail account and it's working. Edit: wait a minute, I can log in but then this appears,

Problem We're having a problem accessing email. You might not be able to see all your email messages. Aug 14 9:49 AM

Updates We're working on the problem and will provide an update by Aug 14 2:00 PM. Thank you for your patience. Aug 14 12:01 PM

Maybe the NSA is behind shutting down the NYT

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero
reply to post by drwill

So it might just be a mass outage right now. But odd that the site it down like that.

Or is this being made to look coincidental? Who knows, since we have all seen the MSM not reporting badly on anyone associated with this administration. This may have been a way to take it down fast.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Looks like their sever is down, reports coming that you can't emailed the NY Times. They bounce back as server not found. Still no reason to why their server is down.

link   
The Clintons again in the Whitehouse, sure would seem like a Dynasty to
me, afterall Bill is the "adopted" son of George Bush Sr.

Here is something interesting as well.

The Foundation has been renamed, the Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Foundation.
Daughter Chelsea has gone to work with NBC news.

To recognize their past contributions and acknowledge their role in shaping the Foundation’s future, the Foundation was renamed the Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation.

It is also being renamed the Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation.

The Times reports that Hillary Clinton plans to move her staff into offices at the foundation's Manhattan headquarters in the coming weeks. The new digs will be just blocks from most major news organizations, including across the street from NBC News, which gave daughter Chelsea a job and is planning to run a controversial miniseries on Hillary Clinton's life.
www.foxnews.com...

edit on 14-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Swills

My Hotmail is working now. Microsoft fixed it. Oh, fooey, I was hoping to use the "I can't access my email" excuse.

edit on 14-8-2013 by drwill because: (no reason given)

Update: Now Outlook is broken again. Back and forth.
edit on 14-8-2013 by drwill because: Update

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by drwill

You can get to your inbox because I can't. I edited my post above and pasted the message I see.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by drwill

I just logged into my old Hotmail account and it's working. Edit: wait a minute, I can log in but then this appears,

Problem We're having a problem accessing email. You might not be able to see all your email messages. Aug 14 9:49 AM

Updates We're working on the problem and will provide an update by Aug 14 2:00 PM. Thank you for your patience. Aug 14 12:01 PM

Maybe the NSA is behind shutting down the NYT

I'm getting the same message. Who knows if the outage is related to the NYT site and the article about the Clinton Foundation.
edit on 14-8-2013 by drwill because: update

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Looks like they're blaming a cyber attack for the reason for the outage. Who did the attack is unknown yet or why.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Seems nytco.com is down as well. Kind of figured it would be but it was worth double checking the Times other sister sites.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
[...] afterall Bill is the adopted son of George Bush Sr.

Interesting, if true. Got any documentation for this?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ObjectZero

Speaking of the TIMES and the Clintons, an article came out after last year's election and skated around the intense hatred between the Clintons and the Obamas. According to the article (the paper has long since been put to use in the bottom of my birdcage), Obama had never invited Mrs. Clinton to a private White House dinner.
Just recently, I heard (MSM) that she had been invited (or maybe I heard wrong--I tend to zone out when someone turns on CNN).

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero
Looks like they're blaming a cyber attack for the reason for the outage. Who did the attack is unknown yet or why.

Probably the new and wonderful US Cyber hacking department.

China my arse....

ireEye senior malware researcher Ned Moran told V3 the new attacks use evolved versions of the longstanding Aumlib and Ixeshe malwares, which have been used by criminals in targeted attacks for several years. He added that the upgraded tools are designed to help the criminals avoid detection, even from advanced systems designed to detect their previous tools, when hacking into their victim’s network.

NY Times Hackers Strike Again, Probably From China
edit on 14-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Pretty crazy, if that's the case that it was shut down.

Can't control the media, shut it down.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join