It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to the "terror" threat and embassies closing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Ok, what happened? In one moment it is all over the news, "TERROR ALERT" "GLOBAL TERROR" "DONT TRAVEL ANYWHERE"

Emabssies closing down all around the middle east, they even evacuated them. Then, silence.....

Not a single peep on the MSN. Was this the biggest -nothing- being reported on the news in the last 10 years? I mean, they reported on stuff that had no facts backing it at all (not at all that uncommon) But the way they reported it was like a terror attack had allready happened or was about to happen in 5min.

Why the sudden silence?

Was it a test to see how the public would respond to threats of terror spewing out on the news outlet? To see if we would acctually believe them or just take it as a diversion from the NSA leak? To see if "OK guys, they dont believe us anymore, now we get down to buisness and can do what the hell we want, the public is so confused right now so no one will belive either us or the "Terrorists" anymore"

WHAT HAPPENED*?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It was outed from sources that there never was a credible threat. Smoke and mirrors. It has been speculated that the terror alert was a distraction for domestic political issues but thats nothing more than an educated guess.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

Give it a couple more days bro, I'm sure the smoke will clear and we will see more Civil Liberties that were stripped during this time....

Or we might find out that someone stole the Pyramid....

Something went aloof~

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
It was outed from sources that there never was a credible threat. Smoke and mirrors. It has been speculated that the terror alert was a distraction for domestic political issues but that's nothing more than an educated guess.

Oh golly? You mean people like me and plenty of other were right when we said there WAS no threat and this was America running like scared school girls?

Anyone wonder how and why some of us were *SO* confident as to literally stake online reputations literal years have been spent building and watching over? It's worth pondering, I'd think.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
These past two years or so have been nothing but abandoned big-news stories. I guess that since they ended up not being a true threat in the end, it wasn't considered important enough to continue the coverage.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

They bombed Yemen.

Yawn.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Either

1: The threat was intended to make the west run around like headless chickens and bring disruption, and they succeeded.

2: The threat was real, and due to intelligence gained, it was thwarted and dealt with.

3: The threat was false, and was used to give prism and other systems relevance and validity

4: It was false and a distraction.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
Either

1: The threat was intended to make the west run around like headless chickens and bring disruption, and they succeeded.

2: The threat was real, and due to intelligence gained, it was thwarted and dealt with.

3: The threat was false, and was used to give prism and other systems relevance and validity

4: It was false and a distraction.
Or maybe, just maybe, there was/is a possibility that the U.S. was flirting with expanding their involvement in a regional conflict and they decided to purge any vulnerable personnel out of the region as the possibility of an expansion was higher than usual.I'm not saying I think this is 100% the case, I'm just saying the pieces fit, and It's not out of the realm of possibility. Normally , Bush's ultimatum to Saddam being the exception, you don't tip your hand until absolutely necessary in the event of a conflict. What better way to clear vulnerable personnel than a terror threat.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Just like the N. Korean nukes pointed at us RIGHT NOW...(quick! duck!)...and all the rest. New stories and threats are replaced next week or the next day with Miley Cyrus's new tattoo, who Taylor Swifts new song is about...and the Prez's dog being flown around at the taxpayers expense.

The quick answer to this is we need to stop paying so much attention to these things. Knowing that they will be out of the news next week. 2012...the next earthquake....the sky is falling...you know.

Then the real trick will be how to diseminate whats real, really important, not-so important or "yikes-wheres-my-bugout-bag!"

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
False flag I'm sure. Have you noticed that all the bad IRS stories disappeared with it?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
all of the embassies other than the one in Yemen have reopened.

there has been a AQAP attack in Yemen and another that security forces interrupted.

There have also been a couple of Drone strikes in Yemen.

All of that in addition to actually closing the embassies (the probably targets of the attack) have probably disrupted the plot.

The fact that there has not been any spectacular terrorist attack just means that the precautions the security forces have taken have so far worked, it does not mean the thread was made up in anyway.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Fact, nothing but a PR Campaign.

Bengazi , see we do care and take precautions.
Spying, see we do it to save lives ! It works and we must continue.

Both Bengazi and Spying were both major headlines ( Negative ) , so of coarse we get these deflective, counter stories. Nothing to see here, GO BACK TO SLEEP. We will save you from yourselves. No coincidence here and nothing more simple than that.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
all of the embassies other than the one in Yemen have reopened.

there has been a AQAP attack in Yemen and another that security forces interrupted.

There have also been a couple of Drone strikes in Yemen.

All of that in addition to actually closing the embassies (the probably targets of the attack) have probably disrupted the plot.

The fact that there has not been any spectacular terrorist attack just means that the precautions the security forces have taken have so far worked, it does not mean the thread was made up in anyway.

It's crazy, people seem almost disappointed that nothing spectacular and bloody happened. So since nothing happened, it must've all been fake? But if something had happened, then those same people would've been screaming "Why weren't we prepared???".

People have their mind made up already, no matter what. Might as well be talking to tree stumps.

new topics

top topics

join