It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to pay students to defend it online

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mekhanics

They foiled Iran already, they are also known as Persians

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

You're right. We have characters HERE!

I'd bet, hollywood convinced few people that Persians are enemies. Some characters are laughable

Spartan wannabe!

edit on 15-8-2013 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

Not at all, just some here don't give them an automatic pass on their BS!

I'm critical of my own Government why wouldn't I be critical of Israel or Iran?

edit on 15-8-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I hear you but...

You'll sit there deadpan and say that you know for sure there are Israeli shills active *which there probably is* but then turn around and play the two step about Iranians doing the same thing? As per pro Iranian threads ATS is plastered with threads, posts and replies. ------> This should help

They may not appear to be that way to some simply because they may agree with the content. That's a matter of opinion eh? Which brings us back to what and how some members reply. If one points out the hypocrisy in statements and views on Iran then they are automatically implied as being Shills or supporters of the evil Zionist Meanwhile nothings further from the truth. Lather Rinse repeat then pat themselves on the back for the simple minded regurgitation of known BS.

They don't defend their stance on merits but simply make sarcastic half assed smart mouthed replies that don't really carry the discussion any further..

Sad but true eh?

ETA: I'd like to play some more but I'm off to bed

edit on 15-8-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I don't think you understand, I'm positive there are shills for both Iran and Israel, amongst everyone else, my only concern was not knowing of any pro Iranian threads/shills on ATS but since other members have chimed in I'm starting to see a pictured being painted here and my spectrum has widened.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I'd salute to that.

Maybe Germany should give them some PR lessons.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPlow

Israel has been openly paying students to come online and work threads for over 5 years...no doubt a long time before that too. this has been discussed here already..many times.

not news.

Rosha.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I never meant to imply that Iran doesn't have blood on it's hands. Show me one country who doesn't have blood on it's hands. I'm saying Iran is not, and has not been invading anyone. I'm saying if I lived next door to the biggest bully on the block, Israel, I'd damn well want to be able to defend myself. And why shouldn't they be able to?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
reply to post by MrPlow

Lake

Ocean

Reading Comprehension

The locals call it their ocean

Satire

Sense of Humor

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Do I think there is a lot wrong with the government in Iran? Probably.

Probably?

For someone that has been on ATS for a bit, you would know "Probably" is an understatement.

Your angry at Israel for its treatment of the Palestinians, but the Arab on Arab violence in Syria that Iran is clearly involved with, gets a pass........?

Too rich.

You really think those lobbing missiles into Israel will just stop fighting because Israel is gone?

Are one set of "victims" worth more then the others "victims"? How do you equate it?

But there's a lot wrong with ours too.

Hell yes there is.

But none of it changes unless we stop picking sides, and see it for what it really is.

Some on ATS see it for what it is. Control.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
"israel iz bad guy haha knew it"
oh god people here are so ignorant
ok I'm an israeli soldier (not a combat one), and no I'm not getting paid (at least no to defend israel on this ground), so let me explain some stuff to you.
"The Israeli prime minister's office said in a statement that students on Israeli university campuses would receive full or partial scholarships to combat anti-Semitism and calls to boycott Israel online. It said students' messages would parallel statements by government officials."

"combat anti-Semitism and calls to boycott Israel online"
see that? that's not "combat criticism on Israel online"
first there is the "combat anti-Semitism" thing. criticizing Israel is not being antisemitic right? so that has nothing to do with Israel.
moving on
"combat... calls to boycott Israel online"
those calls are based on the simple fact that there are some products that are made by Israeli firms using internationally recognized Palestinian territory. if nobody will buy their products, Israel firms will just get out of there. which is true.
but the only thing that will achieve is getting people jobless. it will not preach "peace" and it will not give the Palestinian that area back (because there were a LOT of times when Israeli courts ruled in favor of Palestinian demanding that a land that was once their family property will be returned to them, and if some of that land would have belonged to someone then you bet it that Palestinian would go to court).
and let's say Israel will say "hi those areas are worthless let's just abandon them", what will the Palestinian response be? well last time Israel returned some area to the Palestinians they didn't say "well it's one step closer to peace" they said "well it's one step closer to get those jews to the sea". that last time was in 2007, now Israel is only getting rockets from that area, and the Palestinians there are ruled by a terror organization that imposes sharia law.
so the reason behind wanting to boycott Israel is sort of justified, but the logic behind what it will achieve is false.
and Israel wants to tell that to the world but the only time the world cares what happens here is when Israel strikes back. raise your hands you heard that Israel used drones to strike in Sinai. now raise your hands if you heard something about a rocket falling in Eilat that was lunched by a terror group from Sinai (as a response to the drone attack (that was Israel response to intelligence that indicated that a rocket was going to be lunched that put Eilat airport at risk)).

anyway... that's totally different from saying "combat criticism on Israel online", that's saying "please explain to those idiots that this idea is stupid and they're stupid because they don't know what the hell they are talking about"

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Oh, now you decided you want to discuss some issues? Sorry. I was done with you like 2 or 3 pages ago when you ignored everything I posted and replied with something incomprehensible. Have a nice weekend tho!

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Nobody has a beef with Israel. Most people would be aright with all the territorry going to Israel and the palestinians becoming Israelis. What? You want your religious state Palestine? F*ck you. But Israel wont go for it, they cant have their victory, because then there would be too many non jews in Israel threatening the jewishness of Israel. F*ck you too Israel.

To sumrize, f*ck the both of em.
edit on Fri Aug 16 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
im sure most countrys have paid shills

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
not surprised, i am sure many other countrys also do the same thing.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Oh, now you decided you want to discuss some issues? Sorry. I was done with you like 2 or 3 pages ago when you ignored everything I posted and replied with something incomprehensible. Have a nice weekend tho!

I read your "rantings" on how Bad Israel was.......

Like you said, most threads, right?

Besides, even with facts on both sides, you seem to only focus on Israel. Why?

And we are talking about paid students defending Israel?

I wonder what the going price of the other side is..........

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Has the payed Israeli propaganda machine yet arrived on ATS?

Of course they have, it is called "Hasbarah", and this is known for a long time.

en.wikipedia.org...

The term is used by the Israeli government and its supporters to describe efforts to explain government policies and promote Israel in the face of negative press, and to counter what they see as delegitimisation of Israel around the world. Hasbara means "explanation", and is also a euphemism for propaganda

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I don't have any problems with countries using payed shills, I'm sure many of them genuinely believe what they post and would be probably be doing it anyway.
I do think that when they register it should be declared that they are working on a national agenda and a logo attached to their avatar.
(This message was brought to you by the good people of Hamas, The People's Choice.)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPlow
The article states the program hasn't actually started yet.

Well, I'm looking at an article now from July 22nd, 2011 called "Israel Hires Internet Soldiers to Penetrate American Forums, Chatrooms".

Pity it's from Beforeitsnews, so it must be a hoax...

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join