It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cairo Military Crackdown on Reuters Livestream: 14/08/2013

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by Rosha

Salaam Alaikum...

www.silvergames.com...

^^^ Dont feed the trolls game.... practice makes perfect !

I sure hope y'all enjoy the heck out of Agenda 21.

UN Agenda 21 calls for the formation of NGO’s (Non-Government Organizations) to work on specific topics, never tying the projects together. This way the public thinks everything looks unrelated. The taxpayer pays these NGO’s who use the phony science from the UN with American laws to regulate Americans out of jobs and off their land. Unelected bureaucrats make up the restrictions, get communities to buy into these feel good rules. The programs are extremely expensive causing massive tax increases, loss of private property and eventually the communities go bankrupt. There are over 2000 NGO’s in America with the destruction of America as their goal. Some know the goal, some do not but the net results will be the same unless they are stopped, which can be done. Many NGO’s are Tax Exempt Foundations
americanfreedomwatchradio.com...

INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION
Decision-Making: Coordinating Bodies
Decision-making responsibilities for issues involving international cooperation are held by: the Egyptian Environment Affairs Agency (EEAA); the Ministry of Foreign Affairs; and the Ministry of Finance.

The Egyptian Environment Affairs Agency has an active ongoing cooperation programme with many donor agencies (e.g. DANIDA Projects on organization support, environment education and training, environmental information and monitoring, ODA, USAID, etc.). The total funding for ongoing supported donor projects reached 902,153,727 L.E. in Dec. 1996.
www.un.org...

One day you will wish your own president was as concerned for the welfare of his people as Morsi and Putin have been for theirs. Morsi couldn't make it stick, so far Putin is doing okay with it despite the grumbling of the NGOs.

edit on 15-8-2013 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
And to think, all we have to do, is "love our neighbors".
Mankind deserves not, another chance.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I got this from another site written by 161719, please read:

Part 1

I want to reply to this to get the record straight because I am in Egypt and have followed this like a crackhead since the beginning. You're using inflammatory rhetoric and it is not helping.

The MB won elections in Egypt 3 times. They got in power. Their actual, proven crimes are these:

-Lied to the Jan25 revolution, made a deal with military in 2011.
- Took power after promising they wouldn't.
-Ran a guy for president after promising they wouldn't.
-Morsi (MB pres) declared himself above the law in Nov 2012, and used this period to push through an oppressive constitution.
-MB used inflammatory rhetoric against Shi'a and Christians.
- MB refused all calls for compromise.
-Morsi strengthens ties with extremist violent groups like Jama Ismalia
-Morsi completely ignored opposition. Instead he claimed a conspiracy against him. Then June30 coupvelution happened.

NOW:

-MB has guns. Civilian anti MB has same guns.
-MB using inflammatory rhetoric. Anti-MB media using inflammatory rhetoric.
-Some pro-MB guys doing attacks. Churches are burning. This is not DIRECTLY a MB action but you could easily link it to the rhetoric above.
- Some anti-MB are also doing killings and attacks. Tied to mass media rhetoric above.
-Some MB are armed with AK47. Most are not armed.
- In early Ramadan, pro-Morsi crowds did behave violently and confronted groups in Tahrir which led to a gun battle. I blame them for this. Also they are probably complicit in the church attacks, which is heinous, but again, that does not mean they are all needing the death sentence. That means that the guys doing the attacks need to be put on trial.

edit on 16-8-2013 by DuneKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Part 2

It is not correct to say that MB are "violent assholes" and therefore they deserve to die. I don't want them in power, and I have listed above what they did to be in this state. Their rhetoric was like playing with a cobra, now we're all getting bitten. But that is not the same thing as directly going to do killings. Also yes there were lots of rapes, but in my honest opinion (no one knows for sure) these were just degenerate rapist gangs. There's not evidence linking this to MB. I repeat: The rapes in Tahrir were likely just bored, soulless #s. Not MB gangs. There is also a lot of deplorable poverty in Egypt that is soul crushing and life destroying and leads to a lot of this. Not excusing it. Rapists need swift and unblinking justice. But #, their lives were miserable to begin with, from birth.

As for random killings? Yes. This is happening on both sides. There are tons of people in twitter now threatening anyone with a beard. It is a low-level civil war happening. But that does not give anyone an excuse to jump on a bandwagon of one side or the other is "evil" and the other is "good." No. It's not true. Stop it.

I think there's some talk on reddit that is truth, but most of it is poisoned by this "Ew, muslims, they deserve to die" #. They shouldn't be in power and they used rhetoric that was very dangerous but the majority of their people on the street are just regular people. You should blame their leaders, not their everyday people. These are just people. They may be on the side that we don't agree with but they don't deserve to die. If I listed the crimes of the military it is much more bloody and oppressive history including proven rapes and murders that were carried out in a systematic fashion on innocent people. They ran over Christians with trucks and raped women in "virginity tests." Please don't come to the conclusion that Egypt's military are behaving like heroes, this is really wrong.

I live here. Haven't left for more than a few weeks since well before Jan 2011. I know the situation better than just about anyone. But # me if I know what's "actually" going on. I don't. So neither do any of you. If you're "sure" about who is right and who is wrong, you're probably off base. It is a war, it is not black and white. The one thing we all have to do is maintain our humanity. For chrissakes don't become a thoughtless heartless rabble. There's enough of that in the world.

This attitude that "Oh we're not being shown the truth, they all actually deserve to be killed" is gross. You know why journalists don't paint it that way? Because they are THERE. The journalists have to go to the morgue and come back soaked to the bone with wet socks from icy water mixed with blood and death. You want to throw out shoes that smell like that and then tell the people "they deserved it?" These are real people. The people in the video were in Rabaa. They are not the ones doing attacks around Egypt. You see any guns in the video? No. You see people scared out of their #ing heads who never faced violence. Why dehumanize them further? Why say that because there are criminals who share their ideology they need to die? That's the first lie that humans tell. It's sick. Each person is his own person and is supposed to be judged on his actions. We don't know the hearts of the people in this video, so how can we judge them based on hearsay for things that happened in other parts of the same country? I should also add that the same vitriol that I have here is also for those attacking Christians. They didn't do anything but be oppressed and suffer. Some of the poorest people here are Christians and they are defenseless.

TLDR; If you think you know what is happening in Egypt, you are probably wrong. If you think you know who the good guys are, Please take a look in the mirror because the process happening in your mind is the same process that leads to war. I have seen a war start, and that is literally ALL it takes. It is EASY, and you guys are doing it. The comments here are no better than the horrible vitriol being shown by Egyptians cheering this killing on. These are all people with families. I am here and it is sickening me to watch people lose their humanity over #ing politics. Please stop. Everyone stop. It's bad enough to have hundreds dying on the street like animals without the smug satisfaction. You think they did crimes? They get trials. This is what's called humanity. If you would want it for YOU, don't cheer when someone else gets less, because you're next in line. The one lesson I learned from this is that humans can be despicable animals, and the worst kind is the one who is safe and cheering the murder of the one who is not safe. Please Stop.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
just to give you an idea, during the massacre, heres a bit of what was said on egypt's most popular channel and its opinion match most metropolitan egyptians:

ONTV, a popular egyptian tv channel has its anchor ask people to get our of their homes to physically abuse pro-morsi protestors

edit: and they saying that "idiot erdogen did more massacre with his protest dispersal and that they done better job".

edit2: anchors "giggle" and banter as they watch live massacre, say that americans are hypocrites, that george bush was from military and no one complained about military taking over in america like they do in egypt.

edit3: They talking about how wars always have collateral damage citing Bosnia war and then they meander to how america is only after its own interests therefore egypt should be free to pursue its own interests (im guessing killing MB). (btw, egyptians on tv keep comparing themselves to america lately whats up with that?) They keep saying egyptians should be more optimistic, and blah blah about egypt's dignity. here is very NSFL video of protestors burned alive: www.youtube.com...

edit4: since no one understand why media is so #ed up, heres the reaction of popular tv channels right after the coup happened. These are where "liberal" egyptians get their news and information from. www.youtube.com...

edit5: there is a stream of anti-coup supporters exiting with arms raised from rabaa protest camp through route open to them while police and people shouted at them insults like son of whores and such, of course the channel quickly muted these phrases, because its just a classy tv channel. there was some firing at first but were told to cease fire. seems like camp being evacuated.

edit6: now that they witnessing the defeat of MB, the anchors start talking about investigating and expose all their past treacherous activities so they can be punished and no negotiating with traitors or criminals. also interim vice pres Elbaradei has just resigned from his post. he did threaten to reign if they used violence against peacful protestors.

edit7: busy talking about the violent anti-coup protestors on october bridge that still havent been dispersed, heres a pic from /r/perfecttiming a humvee pushed over bridge i.imgur.com... blatantly ignoring who just resigned. They say we should send obama email with that pic of bus? being pushed over bridge to prove that they are terrorists.

edit8: tamarod spokes person on tv (campaigners for coup) "no sympathy for MB protestors, they can forget ever returning to politics." "america, turkey and qatar are sponsors of terrorism, all of them conspire against egypt using MB for their own economic interests" "like Nasser once said: if america agrees with you, then you must be doing something wrong"

edit9: they begin character assassination of vp El baradei, for resigning. anchor and commentator agree hes abondaning responsibility that he has important role to play in transmitting to the world that this is not a coup but annihilating terrorism. The resignation confounds them; he asks "does he actually think we are all bad people and hes the only good person?"

edit10: (august 15) heres an egyptian newspaper the day after: i.imgur.com... headline is "Battle of Burning Egypt" and subtitle is "MB sit-in with weapons and gov announced emergeny law". The two pictures on that paper do make MB look like terrorists. Egypt was really burning as you can see from this aerial footage. And a pic like this will never make it in egypt's papers: i.imgur.com... BBC says more than 300 dead. as for ontv, they are running an ad, a plea against violence where various people in it express their dislike for MB and one goes so far to say "go back to where you came". Another ad is a fast montage of MB beating up police or doing something violent in the streets and scary looking islamist type guy on stage with mic as though declaring holy war; all with action movie soundtrack playing, something out of a michael bay movie maybe. They are also really taking ElBaradei resigning personally; they mock how much of a dandy he is and that he is too posh thanks to all his time spent outside egypt for him to relate to the common egyptian. A commentator describes how western media specialize in disinformation and aren't really free. Says their purpose is to destroy egypt and they do that by limiting the historical role of the military. The anchor interrupts and claims boisterously that the day Morsi took over he aimed to destroy egypt's national security.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join