It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Deputies Caught on Dash Cam Acknowledging Illegal Traffic Stop

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Steve Hindi was stopped by police after being kicked out of a rodeo for filming. 10 miles after that only for the purpose of ID'ing him and getting his vehicle information. Now the juicy part, not only is the stop from Steve's footage quite compelling the dash cam shows how the officers knew they shouldn't be doing what they were doing. I kind of feel sorry for these cops for not being able to challenge their order to conduct in this manner. Shows how the system works against the lower level cops who for once would've preferred to do the right thing.

“I didn’t want to stop the man.”
“God, we’re going to get sued.”
‘We’re going to be in a world of hurt.”
It’s all because of that rodeo board.”
“DAMMIT, I was still recording.”

Source: PINAC

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Small town Boss Hog politics.

Intimidation and retribution on the federal level is done through the IRS, BATF, DEA, FBI, DHS, etc., whereas the local boys will use their police force.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Also I forgot to mention that SHARK has been discussed on ATS before when the pigeon hunters shot their drone down. Signs of the times I guess.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
There is NO SUCH THING as a "GOOD" cop

if those 2 cops had ANY integrity they would have refused to carry out the corrupt order..

B A D G E S ARE R E D C O A T S !!

It takes someone without strong moral character to be a cop... Corruption is the name of the game

edit on 14-8-2013 by HanzHenry because: bb code

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I've run in to, worked with and for some good cops. A lot of the good ones don't stay cops or they keep moving around departments and areas trying to find a clean upstanding station to work for. Others have family and are unable to move or find other work.

But the bad ones are taking over it seems like.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Oregon PD's stand out as some of the worst and most corrupt in the nation.

I dont know what it is about that state. I get the corruption of PD's in NY, MA, NJ, CT, FL, CA, NV, and so on due to the influences of organized crime but why are Oregon PD's so filthy?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero

I've run in to, worked with and for some good cops. A lot of the good ones don't stay cops or they keep moving around departments and areas trying to find a clean upstanding station to work for. Others have family and are unable to move or find other work.

But the bad ones are taking over it seems like.

They PARTICIPATE and PROFIT from an admittedly CORRUPT system..

can't be a BIGGER pile than that,!!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

I dont know what it is about that state. I get the corruption of PD's in NY, MA, NJ, CT, FL, CA, NV, and so on due to the influences of organized crime but why are Oregon PD's so filthy?

the places with less economic opportunity will be the most corrupt.. that is a factual guaranteed certainty.

except maybe for the fact Oregon has always been horribly evil.. Shanghai anyone? I sure wouldn't want to have been any of those poor unsuspecting victims!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Guess you've never seen a good cop get thrown under the bus by a corrupt judge and chief be for?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero

Guess you've never seen a good cop get thrown under the bus by a corrupt judge and chief be for?

There is NO SUCH THING as a "good" cop.. just lesser bad ones.

The SYSTEM is CORRUPT!!

1. revenue generating (lame tickets)
2. checkpoints (so against the American republic it needs no explanation)
3. FOR PROFIT prison complex system
4. and on, and on, and on,

there is not one profession that RUINS more families for a corrupt govt..

any "GOOD" cop would have the honor to walk away from being a cog in the wheel of tyranny!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yes the whole system has it's problems. There's hope thought when the guys in the bottom of the system see that the top is asking them to do the wrong thing. Too bad they couldn't protest their orders.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Yes the whole system has it's problems. There's hope thought when the guys in the bottom of the system see that the top is asking them to do the wrong thing. Too bad they couldn't protest their orders.

what are you saying? that they could not refuse to do it?

YES, yes they could have refused. A unlawful order is one you have the DUTY to ignore. Noone can make anyone else do anything.

you do it out of choice.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Being a cop is worst than working for the mob it seems like now. The Mob will just kill you and maybe your family if you don't do what they say. The force will destroy your life and your families life.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

They could but it's their life at stake. Their livelyhood. There's a huge blue line that would screw them over if they'd start questioning authority.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Dudee.. that rodeo footage is sick and infuriating

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

They could but it's their life at stake. Their livelyhood. There's a huge blue line that would screw them over if they'd start questioning authority.

life at stake? pfft. I am sure they would not have been executed.

their livelihood is that of R E D C O A T !!

so, like I SAY over and OVER

NO HONOR OR INTEGRITY!! TYRANNY FOR A PAYCHECK!!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ObjectZero

Well, if they lay down with other dogs, they wake up with fleas !

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

I too am wondering why Oregon's cops are so bad.

Compared to places most known for corruption, like you said we don't really have organized crime. We have some russian and asian "mafia" activity, but that's not what's causing the problems with the police. We have some asian and hispanic gang activity around too, but again not strong enough to have influence with the police. The police aren't covering for mobsters or gangsters, they are working completely for themselves.

Power vacuums always get filled. If it's not the mob, gangs, etc controlling the police and making them do horrific things, it's the cops themselves choosing to do horrible things.

I wonder what effect there would be if some organization were to institute a policy similar to what John Travolta's character was talking about in Broken Arrow. He said any time a terrorist attacks America, his organization will attack somewhere in the middle east or whatever. If there was a secretive organization of people, that every time cops got out of line, hit back at the cops,I wonder if there would be so much police brutality issues. Maybe immediately after it starts happening, but after years and years of boys in blue getting put six feet under for their horrible crimes against citizens, maybe the majority of them would start to straighten up.

I'm reminded of the scene in V for Vendetta when the citizens got fed up with the "fingermen" for shooting the little kid, they all took action and took him down. Society needs to let these corrupt wannabe-SS officers know their actions will no longer be tolerated.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I haven't actually watched that. I don't want to see animals being hurt for sport.

reply to post by James1982

Instead of answering violations by doing the same how bout get the police unions out of the justice process. How bout make sure that police are actually liable for violations they commit when on duty. I think that alone would do wonders.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Oh absolutely, I'm not suggesting people actually do that, I'm just curious what effect it would have.

I'd much prefer people figure out a far more peaceful way of making them accountable for their action.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join