It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin On Snowden, Such A present To Us, Merry Christmas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
This is a bit older news from July, but I never knew Putin felt this way.

Speaking to students on the island of Gogland in the Gulf of Finland, Russian President Vladimir Putin said that Snowden's long stay in the transit area of a Moscow airport had been foisted on the country by the United States. "Such a present to us. Merry Christmas," Putin is reported to have said.

Well, so much for this idea.

Putin said he had told Snowden: "'We have certain ties with the United States. We do not want you through your activity to damage our ties with the States.'"

Looks like this isn't gonna happen either.

However, Putin added: "As soon as there's the chance to move somewhere he will certainly do this."

Putin calls whistleblower Snowden an unwelcome gift from the US

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
You have to admit, this is funny. This is one of my favorite threads I wrote.
Gotta love that Putin's sarcasm.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Here's a flash game...

Eddie's Run: The Prism Prison

Hehe...

Haven't played the game yet but plan to. Supposed to show Mr. Snowdens plight in game form.

Eddy's Run is by Binji, a German game developer who believes Snowden is a hero and decided to say thanks for what he's done by depicting his plight, and flight, in the form of a browser based Flash game

In the game, you assume the role of Snowden who must avoid agents and drones who are out to thrown you into jail. You can throw laptops at them, though your best course of action is to run past them.

Though be careful because there's security cameras everywhere, plus tricky jumps. That last part is Binji taking some artistic license with the situation at hand, it seems. Also, you do have some folks on your side, in the form of journalists, who can offer protection.

Obvious care was put into the game, though that doesn't change the fact that the WASD based movement makes navigating the teeny-tiny platforms way too difficult. When you die, you can either continue (thankfully, foes that were killed remain dead) or learn how you can "Stand with Edward Snowden."

Source to text and link to game

Enjoy

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
You have to admit, this is funny. This is one of my favorite threads I wrote.
Gotta love that Putin's sarcasm.

I don't get what's funny.

Do you like Putin?

Or do you just have so much hate for Obama that you cheer for a leader of another country making fun of our country?

Maybe you would like it if Putin just declared war on us, bombed some cities and invaded? That would show Obama, huh?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

It was just a very funny comment, not the start of WW3. Take it for what it is..

edit on 14-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

It was just a very funny comment, not the start of WW3. Take it for what it is..

I still don't see what is funny about it, care to explain?

I have just noticed that many Conservatives on here lately are viewing Putin as their hero...I just find it odd that people would praise him just because he is going against our country (not just Obama, our entire country).

The "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" thinking is just a bit disturbing when you dissect it in this scenario...because you are basically calling our country your enemy.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienScience

I still don't see what is funny about it, care to explain?

I have just noticed that many Conservatives on here lately are viewing Putin as their hero...I just find it odd that people would praise him just because he is going against our country (not just Obama, our entire country).

The "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" thinking is just a bit disturbing when you dissect it in this scenario...because you are basically calling our country your enemy.

Sorry, I have no explaination for your lack of a sense of humor. Putin is no hero, but when a communistic country affords a US whistleblower asylum, it seriously makes me question where our country is headed. Are they the enemy? No... But we do need to clean house of the ones that are attempting to make our country the enemy to American citizens. The enemy defined as those with an agenda counter to our constitution and the American way of life that our fore fathers faught so hard to protect.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

We're not all American. Perhaps next time you should try hiding your ignorance.

top topics

join