It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware! The Chinese are Coming!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Robots break unfortunately and when they do, their has to be someone smart enough to fix them.

Moral of this story is that if robots take over, you only need to kill the ones that are smart enough and when those people die all bets are off.

Robots do not provide a sustainable future for anybody.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

Sure they do, id rather pay a hand full of techs to keep my robot assembly line in tip top shape 24/7 over paying a hundred or so employees. Not me per say, but the mindset.

I would rather use my hands and keep a job then give it up to a robot.

edit on 8/14/2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Thanks but your not the bearer of bad news and nor am I.

We will all be fine as long as we can locate our moral stance and stick to it. On the same team you and I.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
On a side note.....i want to build one.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Shane,

The chinese are way worse than the NSA. Anything the NSA has the chinese have got it ten fold. Problem is for the chinese, they dont have the will of their own people.

And the USA is starting to lose the will of their own people.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Well I get paid like a China man, so for me to actually be working for a China man, that wont be much difference to me.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
holy cow we have the damn mexicans coming from the south. The freaking jews, blacks and now the damn china people.

.....what the hell?

edit on 14-8-2013 by gotya because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
The Chinese do have a master plan, which is to own as much land and resources globally as possible to feed its empire. No different than what the British did, but instead of blades and guns, they use money.

A few flaws in the plan...

(a) You cant take the land with you.

(b) When Taiwan breaks away, the Chinese people will expel the Communist party. And purely private ownership will be possible. Without Govt backing these newly formed Corps can only do so much.

Eg.... In NZ a few angry Maori will stop them in their tracks.

Basically history will repeat itself..... Like the Romans and the British empire. They will essentially end up building infrastructure only to be forced to leave it behind as the "empire" simply dissolves .

Until then they will make hay while the sun still shines.

edit on 11/19/09 by thedeadtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by penninja

You know, you said making babies, well with an increase of welfare in the US within the last 5 years we all know that US is making a lot of babies, but they are mostly within the welfare class in the nation.

I get it now, that is why we need the Chinese to buy America so they can pay into the welfare system for the baby makers.

edit on 14-8-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

Certainly a point, the only people having kids suck... agreed.

I'm not talking about them, but we are sort of talking about the same thing.... The Movie Idiocracy highlights it.

The educated class is not producing children nor living a life that raises offspring that feel anything but entitled when they do. "The Lifestyle" The wine every afternoon, the 1 or 2 children spoiled not growing us by number, spending themselves into debt with loans and partying their way through school for degrees like "art appreciation" I live by a school where 70% of the degrees are Forestry.... How many people do we need to smoke weed all day and protect the trees?

Some comment about the welfare sect is useless.... it doesn't matter what They do, if the rest of us actually were dedicated to success, we want 9-5 jobs, great pay, little effort an average of 1.9 kids which is slow decline, vacations, tv....

The people who actually wen to school 80% of them have a kid at 38 who's a little genetically declined because those eggs and sperm have taken some damage over the years, then they get left with nothing for boomer parents self indulgence...

Those you think are the welfare sect vs everyone else aren't actually doing a worse job at least for SOME kids born to poverty there is a HUNGER sometimes for more... for the upper classes there are just self entitled brats.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
All i'm saying is you can't focus on China

You have to focus on self because you can't change China...

I write this, we are sitting here spending over a Trillion Dollars a year on an essentially useless defense program against no one. The divorce rate breaks 80% in places, the majority of Americans don't go home and study or start a business they watch TV or sit on Internet bsing all night, most kids are raised in broken homes, what we call environmentalism has become a reason to never build anything, a Trillion bucks NOT going to infrastructure, welfare is a penny of that dollar and meaningless in the equation. Even what we consider a "good time" is meaningless dopamine production, Sex is the most important topic in the land we argue about Gay marriage when we have few families anymore, our schools Do Not teach future tech the budget isn't there. "WORK" absolutely is a 4 letter word and I blame that on people looking for "jobs" not starting businesses

We have become a very "low class" culture. Fixing it means looking at ourselves

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” Issac Asimov

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by OrionHunterX

the Chinese have trillions of dollars to spend

What a coincidence. They just happen to owe the U.S. 1 Trillion Dollars.

How about if we send some collection agents?

Wrong! The United States owes China $1.15 Trillion!!! Get your facts right before blabbering!!

More here: How much the U.S owes

edit on 14-8-2013 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chargeit
Wasn't it the Japanese we were worried about owning us back in the 90's?

Exactly. Every decade a new enemy/frenemy/master of the universe. No problem.

My kid asked me yesterday "Is there a fastest person in the world?".
Yes.
Yes there is.
There is and will always be.
And this thread is about the same situation.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gotya

what the hell indeed... by that I mean, why in the hell is that post not moderated, wow, just wow.

Then again, that's probably the same things the natives were saying when your ancestors landed and starting handing out blankets.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
The Chinese do have a master plan, which is to own as much land and resources globally as possible to feed its empire. No different than what the British did, but instead of blades and guns, they use money.

I agree with you that the Chinese government understand that they must secure resources and food for their growing middle class, however, I think you are wrong on the rest.

A few flaws in the plan...

(a) You cant take the land with you.

(b) When Taiwan breaks away, the Chinese people will expel the Communist party. And purely private ownership will be possible. Without Govt backing these newly formed Corps can only do so much.

In my opinion, Taiwan will be resabosorbed by China. In the not too distant future China will have modernized, and there will be little difference between the two. Hell, they speak the same language, and are the same ethnicity. If China handles this situation well, there will be no need to for Taiwan to assert their independence.

Eg.... In NZ a few angry Maori will stop them in their tracks.

What do you say about the Chinese buying New Zealand dairy farms? In my opinion, land should not be sold to foreigners. This is common practise in many other countries. Why does New Zealand allow non-citizens to buy land? What are these "angry maori" doing about this?

Basically history will repeat itself..... Like the Romans and the British empire. They will essentially end up building infrastructure only to be forced to leave it behind as the "empire" simply dissolves .

The problem is that the Chinese infrastructure doesn't last. The roads last only about two years, long enough to get the resources out, with the only thing left being the Chinese workers that were brought in on temporary visas.

This is a serious issue that does not receive much attention.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
What is different about this situation is that many of these purchases are made by Chinese State owned enterprises.

Is it right for foreign governments to own large tracts of land, telecommunications companies and other strategic concerns?

I am not against foreign ownership, however, I do think it is worth thinking about the fact that many of these purchases are from a foreign communist government.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Shangha'i Photos Over 26yrs, I started this thread a few days ago. Amazeing!! People if we don't get our act together here in the U.S. we are in big trouble. This should run as a public message on our televisions to give everyone a wake up call. This is only one of many cities and public projects of enormous size in china that are underway. While our infrastructure here at home is in decay we purchase their products and they build away.

big.assets.huffingtonpost.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2-9-2010 by SPYvsSPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2010 by SPYvsSPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

China seems particularly interested in acquiring energy resources in the United States...

This is true. We have a huge oil boom going on in my area- one of the largest discoveries in the world. A lot of the business here associated with the oil processing and acquisition are being bought up by foreign Chinese groups and coops.

Really strange.

They are being really smart while we are being very stupid.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
China's economy isn't as strong as the OP's article would lead you to believe:

/more-signs-chinas-economy-is-in-trouble

All the signs coming from the economic data show that China is in big trouble

5 Signs of the Chinese Economic Apocalypse

Although China's outlook may still be positive by, say, European standards, the numbers show that the country's storied growth engine has slipped out of gear. Businesses are taking fewer loans. Manufacturing output has tanked. Interest rates have unexpectedly been cut. Imports are flat. GDP growth projections are down, with some arguing that China might already be in recession. In March, Premier Wen Jiabao put the 2012 growth target at 7.5 percent; then seen as conservative, it's now viewed as prescient. If realized, it would be China's lowest annual growth rate since 1990, when the country faced international isolation after the 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by OrionHunterX

the Chinese have trillions of dollars to spend

What a coincidence. They just happen to owe the U.S. 1 Trillion Dollars.

How about if we send some collection agents?

Wrong! The United States owes China $1.15 Trillion!!! Get your facts right before blabbering!!

More here: How much the U.S owes

edit on 14-8-2013 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

Really? "Before it's News" is your source?

I think he/she meant China's foreign debt...

China's foregn debt approaches 1 trillion

In total, China owns about 8 percent of publicly held U.S. debt. Of all the holders of U.S. debt China is the third-largest, behind only the Social Security Trust Fund's holdings of nearly $3 trillion and the Federal Reserve's nearly $2 trillion holdings in Treasury investments, purchased as part of its quantitative easing program to boost the economy.

Source:Money Matters; How-Much-US-Debt-Does-China-Own
edit on 14-8-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Take everything your saying about China go back 20 years and say it about Japan. Both were at the same economic point and both will have the same correction. How quickly we forget our history. Japan buys up America

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join