It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Navy submarine INS Sindhurakshak catches fire, 18 sailors feared trapped

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Hi,

www.ndtv.com...

Relations have been heated Between Pakistan and India. Is this a coincidence?

A huge explosion accompanied by a fire rocked an Indian Navy submarine docked in the high security Naval dockyard early on Wednesday, officials said. At least 18 people are feared trapped in the vessel.

The cause of the explosion and blaze, as well as the extent of damage to the submarine and naval properties, is still not known.

I am only quoting the media. Not sure.

Worth watching.

EDIT - Is this Pakistan?

edit on 13-8-2013 by gotya because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
No replies?

Do ewe guys even have a clue?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The Indian military doesn't have the greatest record for safety. Their Air Force has lost a number of older aircraft in the last few years, as well as pilots.

The Sindhurakshak is a Kilo class submarine, built in Russia. India doesn't have the capabilities to overhaul them, so when they require major maintenance, or an overhaul, they have to send them back to Russia. INS Sindhurakshak underwent an overhaul beginning in 2010, and underwent sea trials in October of 2012. But even with Roboronservice Ltd setting up offices in India to give better support to the Indian Navy, the Indians have problems getting parts to maintain their submarines.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya

Oh of course. I forgot, there are no such things as accidents and it has to somehow be Pakistan's fault. The fact that the Indian military has a history of accidents, and a hard time getting spares for routine maintenance certainly doesn't show that this was probably an accident.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

It could be an accident but I am not convinced.

All I'm saying is keep an eye on this. Don't be suprised.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya

I'm not sure why anyone would care about this.

Your other thread is also India/Pakistan related.

I'm going to guess that youre an Indian of some sort and are therefore hypersensitive about this so called "issue"?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

No.

I'm a U.S. citizen.

You will remember this thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya

Yes, we'll remember the thread that told us about an accident at an Indian naval base.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya

So, what does this have to do with the United States?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

All that is important affects the U.S.?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gotya
No replies?

Do ewe guys even have a clue?

According to the Ministry officials The sub Catches fire without any known Reason will wait for a day to get which one cause the fire

And also some of the Indian Officials have Informations about some 20 ISI backed LeT Terrorists already eentred to India to create violences in Independence day celebrations

the pakistani Already mobilized some two infantry division to close to Indian border where ceasefire violations occurred

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
The Indian military doesn't have the greatest record for safety. Their Air Force has lost a number of older aircraft in the last few years, as well as pilots.

Still IAF had 300+ odd Mig 21 fighters they do routine missions in all days ..the Mig 21 is in India is a Flying Coffin nowadays ..They will replaced by LCA Tejas by 2015 till that date Mig 21 will be in our service

The Sindhurakshak is a Kilo class submarine, built in Russia. India doesn't have the capabilities to overhaul them, so when they require major maintenance, or an overhaul, they have to send them back to Russia. INS Sindhurakshak underwent an overhaul beginning in 2010, and underwent sea trials in October of 2012. But even with Roboronservice Ltd setting up offices in India to give better support to the Indian Navy, the Indians have problems getting parts to maintain their submarines.

We sent our Sub to Russia to Modernization of weapon computers and sensors ..we have a Akula class SSN and Arihant class SSBN ..

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SajeevJino

Any source of info.? Are we supposed to take your word?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

reply to post by gotya

Oh of course. I forgot, there are no such things as accidents and it has to somehow be Pakistan's fault. The fact that the Indian military has a history of accidents, and a hard time getting spares for routine maintenance certainly doesn't show that this was probably an accident.

recent Reports Quoting a Torpedo blast occurred when Loading ..two Subs are Damaged

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The LCA won't be available until at least 2017 or so now, if ever. It's suffering big problems in development, including having to go to US built engines, because the engine for it was so underpowered and having such development problems.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Get this news from my friend

It could be a Torpedo Blast two Subs are damaged ...

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SajeevJino

Get this news from my friend

It could be a Torpedo Blast two Subs are damaged ...

Okay.....any other sources / info.?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

The LCA won't be available until at least 2017 or so now, if ever. It's suffering big problems in development, including having to go to US built engines, because the engine for it was so underpowered and having such development problems.

LCA Tejas MK 1 will be in service by fall of 2014 or maybe early 2015 ..2018 timeline Sets for MK2

LCA is a Light fighter we tried to Power up with our Own Kaveri Engine but faile to meet IAF requirements So we go For GE F404 Engines ..that's a awesome engine and can meet our requirements..and GE F414 is selected for MK2

edit on 13-8-2013 by SajeevJino because: Engine name

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join