It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Early Humans Migrated into Europe: The Origins of Our Ancient Ancestors

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+57 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

How Early Humans Migrated into Europe: The Origins of Our Ancient Ancestors

Thousands of years ago, humans migrated out of Africa. Yet exactly where they migrated to first and what paths they used has long remained speculation. Now, scientists are hunting down the exact routes of this ancient, human migration, allowing us to learn a little bit more about our past ancestors

About 60,000 years ago, humans began to disperse across the world. While current human mitochondrial phylogeny represents those originally from north and central Europe, though, it fails to take into account other human populations. That's why researchers decided to take a closer look at human migration, learning a bit more about human populations.

In order to better understand human origins, researchers decided to use DNA evidence. They compared data from modern samples across the world to ancient bones and samples that they've been able to find. These ancient samples included fossilized teeth and bones.

"It's like forensics but even more so," said Martin Richards, a professor at the University of Huddersfield and one of the researcher....

Here you go...

Thought I'd pop in and drop this one off for you. I thought it was an interesting read. For those of you who are like me and like to keep on top of the latest. Some may disagree with it though.

As always

Enjoy

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Always good stuff Slayer

In Slayer's link there is this link - don't miss it

A tad technical but it has some interesting info on human movements in Iberia and elsewhere

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You can certainly admire these people for researching this subject, but all they seem to do is contradict each other.

So now, Man left Africa and went to Europe less than 20 thousand years ago.

Yet, they know "Man" Homo Erectus, has spread across the Euro/Asian continent 100s of thousands of years ago.
They speculate Modern man had relations with Neanderthals in Europe, which were suppose to have disappeared 30 thousand years ago... which now contradicts what they have just announced.

The oldest "type" of Human in Africa is said to be the Bushman. But the bushman "type" is a small frame person, with light coloured skin, and very Asian type slanty eyes and nose,... nothing like the other Africans in the same continent.
Australian Natives are the oldest culture known to man, and as you can observe, have much more ancient skull bone structure features, than many African peoples, But also have a "Throwback?" gene, where their young children can have blonde/sandy/light gingerish hair colour (but no blue eyes)...so where did that come from?.

These experts tell us, yes we had similar relatives to apes and monkeys in Africa, so thats where man came from.
Really? No one has Ever explained, why there are monkeys in Asia, Where did the Orangatan, with no relative in Africa, come from? Why is it that the huge Gigantopithecus has ONLY been found in China and East Asia.
Who was his relative? What did he "evolve"? into.....presumably died out..Like how many Homo species??

Doing DNA testing is fine in locating matching groups in NOW modern humans, which we know have wandered around for 100 thousand years or more.

They are really no closer to the actual facts than Darwin.

If there were giant apes and other apes and Homo Erectus in Asia, as has been confirmed, then there is no reason to think that modern man MAY?? have evolved in Asia and shifted west to Europe and down to Africa, to displace whatever old Homo was there.

Everything is a theory....we wont ever really know the past until we invent a time machine and go back there, then it is still only a moment in time....Hopefully they can take pictures...or it didnt happen!!

Sorry about the rant.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I really don't understand the previous poster's point. The exciting thing about this research is that DNA matches the fossil record. It corroborates it. And it proves that "we" came out of Africa and MtDNA Eve existed. That doesn't mean that human-like creatures didn't get pushed out of Africa by the Sahara, the Giant Pump, prior, but we are apparently not descended from those former groups, which may very well have included groups for which we have fossil evidence.

In any case, it is even possible to have your own DNA tested today to computer a percentage of both Neanderthal and Denisovan DNA. This stuff is neither a joke nor speculative. There is solid evidence behind it. Compared to what I learned as an anthropology major in the Paleolithic, these are exciting times.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

You are seeing science unfold, like watching someone put a puzzle together, to complain that it is not yet a full picture and dismiss the research that will eventually lead to one, is short sighted my friend. Migrations could have happened more than once, a cataclysm event that separated the continents... some would have been trapped on some parts some trapped on others it could have been a very slow process with a mythological fear to stay away from the separations for fear the earth would swallow you up. Then later migrations during mini ice ages and major ones.

If you take the study of this as how the earth sits today in the modern world, sure it makes little sense that following the monkey skulls would help too. But since all humans have a common ancestor it is quicker to research our own roots, otherwise we would have to crack every family of monkey and ape genome to track their common ancestors to a continent, which is a long way around the process in finding our own.

So change your perspective and it may become more exciting than ho hum.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The evidence shows that the truth is even more complicated, and goes way back more in time then you can imagine.

Like the people that traveled into Eurasia last, on topic, were actually a 3th or maybe even 4th wave.
I won't explain the specifics, but I'll link you the data.

Before the last modern man left Africa, the globe was fully explored. At least twice before...

Enjoy.

anthropogenesis.kinshipstudies.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Back in my youth, there were several kinds of living humans. They were the Negroid, Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Aboriginal, and Ainu (early Japs that still live on the northern island-not to be confused with Eskimos, they fall under Mongoloid).

From my dumb understanding, all races that aren't Negroid have similar mutations that our Negroid brother doesn't have. For people to class early Australians as black, is highly ignorant IMO. Their mutations are the proof they aren't black. The proof is in the DNA.

We all migrated from Africa. They can trace DNA from most non Negroids to a similar family group. That family group was Negroid based...in Africa.

For scientists to keep switching things up a bit, doesn't hide the fact we all came from Africa. Those migrating Africans interbred with whomever they came across. Should explain why our DNA is mixed with other, earlier, humans...minus the true Negroids. That would also explain why bleeps always hit on fat bleep chicks at the disco tech. It isn't racist if its always true.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Always good stuff Slayer

A tad technical but it has some interesting info on human movements in Iberia and elsewhere

This another interesting read, the genetics chapter is interesting. www.polynesian-prehistory.com...-

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

We all migrated from Africa. They can trace DNA from most non Negroids to a similar family group. That family group was Negroid based...in Africa.

Actually, only a small native African group of people, that do not share a single variety of genetic material, with all other humans on Earth. The variety belonged to the Neanderthal genetic material found in the last group of Neanderthal that disappeared with the end of the last ice age, around 40.000 years ago.

The genetic variety of these last group is traced back, and found in every other living human today, except a local group an African community.

The only reason for the missing genetic variety within this group, can only be explained when these people did come in contact with the other humans walking the Earth and reunited with the African group, the timing was to late, for the returning people to pass on the Genetic variety, because when they appeared in Northern Europe, Neanderthal disappeared already from the area.
There were no genes left of these last Neanderthal population to be passed on.

Every other genetic variety however, that evolved and appeared on Earth is now found in all living humans today.
It's the main reason, why all humans are genetically so genetically similar to each other, what is not found in nature in any other species of life on Earth.

Basically this means: The human race, is not even close to be separated in different races. We are one single race.
We started out as a hominid species, already intelligent and capable of using toolds and intellect that probably matches of suropasses rivaled modern man.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Thanks to everybody for posting their replies.
I thought some here would find this as interesting a topic as did I

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I think my ancestors came from the North Pole, not Africa. I don't like hot weather, I like cool weather and so did my ancestors that I knew of.

Although......Maybe the fact that we hated hot is why they moved north.

I just can't see my ancestors coming out of Africa, even though one of my great grandmothers name was Tuna.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

You must be from Upper Michigan?
Just a guess

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by rickymouse

You must be from Upper Michigan?
Just a guess

Yup. Is it that evident. My uncle moved to Juneau Alaska to get away from the snow.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonentity

Originally posted by Hanslune

Always good stuff Slayer

This another interesting read, the genetics chapter is interesting. www.polynesian-prehistory.com...-

Yes I've seen it before but it's latest reference is 2002 and most of the others are decades older. Full of inaccuracies - like a 'Great flood'

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Article is wrong.... Do more research..

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
You also have to add the Denisovans into the mix..... Article.

It seems the Human Tree is actually a bush or more precisely a grape vine with grafts here and there..

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

These experts tell us, yes we had similar relatives to apes and monkeys in Africa, so thats where man came from.
Really? No one has Ever explained, why there are monkeys in Asia, Where did the Orangatan, with no relative in Africa, come from? Why is it that the huge Gigantopithecus has ONLY been found in China and East Asia.
Who was his relative? What did he "evolve"? into.....presumably died out..Like how many Homo species??

Interesting, never heard of Gigantopithecus before. It weighed 1000 lbs

Gigantopithecus lived between 300,000 to a million years ago, and was, as its name suggests, a giant, the largest apes ever known, with males of the largest known species weighing as much as 540kg, twice as much as a male gorilla (Morris, 2008). Gigantopithecus was thought to feed chiefly on plants, and live terrestrially, walking on all four limbs, like a gorilla (Morris, 2008; Galdikas, 1999). Why Gigantophithecus died out is unknown, but it is possible it was hunted to extinction by early man (Galdikas, 1999; Morris, 2008) ...
...Fossil evidence of ancestral gorillas, chimpanzees and bonobo’s is sparse, due to the acidity of rainforest soil, which tends to dissolve, rather than fossilize, bones, but fossils of early humans found in open savannahs, and genetic mapping of the human and non-human ape genome, have given a clearer picture of how the other great apes evolved.

www.orangutanrepublik.org...

"due to the acidity of rainforest soil, which tends to dissolve, rather than fossilize, bones, "

There could be a lot of fossils and species of hominid that will never be found.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by br0ker

Article is wrong.... Do more research..

Thanks

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I'm curious, how many generations of living in Alaska would it take for the Wesley Snipes family to become a viking?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gort51

All of this is so speculative, that it is a joke.
First of all, if you take a close look at the continents, they all fit together like a puzzle as if they were all one
to begin with. The Earth shifts, and the original mass breaks into continents. We all came from the original mass, and then adapted differently to the different conditions that arose.

Then when man began to travel by ship, more shifting of the peoples persisted until today.

Why do people accept science as fact? Scientists continue to revise their theories. Not too long ago, Earth was one million years old. Now they are claiming billions. Then, in their arrogance, they try to tell us when the sun was born.

Please.....

We don't even know what lives in our oceans right now!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join