It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman takes 3 hostages in Louisiana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

rt.com

A gunman has reportedly taken at least three people hostage at a bank in St. Joseph, Louisiana, a small town of barely 1,000 people that straddles the state’s border with the Mississippi River.

The Associated Press reports that an unknown man armed with some type of automatic weapon entered the Tensas State Bank in St. Joseph Tuesday afternoon and took three employees hostage, according to Louisiana State Police Superintendent Mike Edmonson.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
www.chicagotribune.com
www.foxnews.com

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Just breaking on RT, but I have provided some updated MSM links below...

Seems to be a robbery gone overdrive, but some of the comments below the RT story are calling it a false flag.

I'm hoping the former. Will keep up to date through the phone if I can get ATS working on that.

If this is an apparent false flag to get our minds off of some issue, it's pretty low-ball. Banks get held up all the time, and if They really wanted to scare us, I'm taking it a bigger distraction would be more effective. Your thoughts, fellow ATSers?

Regards
Toast

rt.com

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

reports that an unknown man armed with some type of automatic weapon

Really?

Some type ?

Do tell how did they come up with that ?

What they can tell by 'looking at it ' ?

I wonder how a 'criminal' has a 'automatic' weapon especially after the government enema someone has to go through just for the 'privilege' of owning one.

Hope none dies, but when I seen media throw stuff out there like that I get mad considering they historically hype that kind of stuff up.

A bomb squad and SWAT team are also on hand, where approximately 100 state and regional law enforcement vehicles have assembled.

How many cops does it take to screw in a light bulb?

No offense to ATS LEO's.
edit on 13-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

If this is an apparent false flag to get our minds off of some issue, it's pretty low-ball. Banks get held up all the time, and if They really wanted to scare us, I'm taking it a bigger distraction would be more effective. Your thoughts, fellow ATSers?
The false flag angle seems unlikely to me.

St. Joseph is a town of nearly 1,200 people and nearly one-third of the parish’s 5,000 residents live under the federal poverty level, according to U.S. Census figures.
www.boston.com...
It doesn't seem like enough of a high profile situation that would get national attention.
A community with lots of poor.
Poor people are sometimes desperate people, not much to lose.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I just saw this.

Seems sorta fast. Two hours and EVERYONE is there. Who is the gunman? Why the heavy armor? I know, bank robbery is federal, but 100 uniforms would make a fella nervous. Do we want a nervous bank robber?

I'm not saying lets lock down six or seven neighborhoods, but this seems like an excessive response.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Well, that won't end will for the gunman.

No one ever gets away from a hostage situation. I often wonder what hostage takers think is actually going to happen to them?

Have you ever seen the TV show "Cops"? No one ever gets away if they run from the cops. The only person I've ever seen get away from the cops is a guy on a motorcycle. They already had his plates though, so he probably really didn't get away.

Lessons:

1. Don't take hostages
2. Don't run from the police

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

I wasn'f saying ot was a false flag.

but this must be seriouz to warrant international/national news to pick up on it

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Well, that won't end will for the gunman.

No one ever gets away from a hostage situation. I often wonder what hostage takers think is actually going to happen to them?

Have you ever seen the TV show "Cops"? No one ever gets away if they run from the cops. The only person I've ever seen get away from the cops is a guy on a motorcycle. They already had his plates though, so he probably really didn't get away.

Lessons:

1. Don't take hostages
2. Don't run from the police

Cops was great

I am not a huge fan of the police but even I had to sympathize with them on some of the stuff going on. Some of the people on that show took the word "stupidity" to a whole new level

edit on 13-8-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh
Yeah, I'm agreeing with you. I'm a little surprised it's getting as much attention as it is.

Some more info;

The man — described by police as a 20-year-old local resident

...originally from California.
and apparently his family owns the convienence store across the street from the bank, so that kills my "desperate poor" theory.
www.boston.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh

rt.com

A gunman has reportedly taken at least three people hostage at a bank in St. Joseph, Louisiana, a small town of barely 1,000 people that straddles the state’s border with the Mississippi River.

The Associated Press reports that an unknown man armed with some type of automatic weapon entered the Tensas State Bank in St. Joseph Tuesday afternoon and took three employees hostage, according to Louisiana State Police Superintendent Mike Edmonson.

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
www.chicagotribune.com
www.foxnews.com

Crime increases during economic hard times. Imagine if the dollar collapsed, driving the cost of fuel to $8.00 - $9.00 dollars a gallon, and transportation was interrupted? There would be no food in the stores for some time. Would hate to even think about what hungry Americans would do to one another.

edit on 13-8-2013 by g2v12 because: grmmar

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It could be a sharpened stick for all they know...

But it's a "automatic weapon" of course...

Good ol' police intuition never fails I guess...

I hope no one is harmed by this looney toon. If only someone had a defence weapon, could be stopped at the source.

-SAP-
edit on 13-8-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by g2v12

In short, Barbecue.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Just another "Law Abiding Gun Owner"

Dontcha know? With a gun, everything's legal, it's the 2nd Amendment! What part of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED don't you understand?

What? It's a crime to rob a bank with a gun? What part of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED don't you get? Obviously that law is unconstitutional cause it violates the most sacred and holy of all the scriptures, the blessed 2nd Amendment given to us by on high, by god himself, written down by Moses on Mount Sinai.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Update;

Two hostages shot at Louisiana bank, police kill suspect
rt.com...
Fuaed Abdo Ahmed

From Washington Post;

“He was mad at people that he said were mean to him,” he said. “He had voices in his head.”

He also had a duffel bag containing items he was going to use to torture the hostages.

edit on 14-8-2013 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Hmmm...that is awfully strange. I wonder why this person would do such a thing.

but i guess it doesn't matter now that the police shot the 'bad guy'

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

thd way this sounds, he may have been mentally ill.

I just got the news about the shooting todaý, so thanks tanda7 for updating

i'm sure this will be another open/shut case, but who knows?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It's not just an Enema.... It's a full on probing to be able to own fully auto weapons..

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
reply to post by g2v12

In short, Barbecue.

Cannibalism? I didn't consider that option. But it's there.

top topics

join