It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famke Janssen Victim Of A Strange, Disturbing Crime In NYC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This has to be one of the creepiest celebrity stories I have read in a while.

The 'X-Men' actress had an eerie experience when her home was burglarized and the intruder left a creepy children's book, 'The Lonely Doll,' near her bed. The book is about a doll and teddy bears who make a pact to stay together forever.
Janssen, who says nobody else had access to her place, called cops about 8 p.m. Saturday.
Cops found no signs of forced entry, but Janssen said she had never seen the book before, the source said. Police are investigating the incident as a burglary.
Originally published in 1957, the book is about a doll and teddy bears who make a pact to stay together forever.

No sign of forced entry? and this creepy book sitting by your bed, eeek, sounds like one messed up stalker!

I must say tho, she looks fantastic for being 47.

Link1
Link2
edit on 13-8-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
i love this actress.....just goes to show no one is out of reach for a truly disturbed person....she has the money...she should move.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

No sign of forced entry? and this creepy book sitting by your bed, eeek, sounds like one messed up stalker!

Or she picked up the book somewhere and completely forgot she brought it home.... I dont care much for celebrity gossip.

Grant it, she is a celebrity and this stuff actually happens. However, If i were to find a similar book in my residence and no clue where it came from, calling the police would be the furthest thing from my mind.

Situations like this actually irritate me a bit as celebrities tend to receive preferential treatment and as a result law enforcement usually dedicates far more resources to generally pointless or baseless calls for help.

Experiment, call law enforcement and describe a similar situation, care to wager on your chances of receiving a similar response?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It's probably her MKultra handlers screwing up or messing with her... I think people would be blown away to realize how many people in the entertainment industry are controlled...

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Dude. I've run into her once or twice while she was walking her dog at this park in Los Angeles a few years ago. She was friendly, smart, and every it as stunning in real life. One if those who looks fantastic even with little makeup.

Definitely a creepy stalker. Had to be skilled at lock picking to get in n out without any forced entry. . .. Or the manager of the building is develop g unhealthy thoughts and desires.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

No you are right, im pretty sure that if I called the police in the same situation it wouldnt make it into the media at all and the cops would probably just take a look around and advise me on security, that would be it.

But in saying that, people in the public eye have a far higher chance of having deranged stalkers.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Police are investigating the incident as a burglary.

Is it burglary if you leave something behind?

Regardless it sounds pretty creepy. I would move or install a better security system.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
my sisters had that book when they were kids and my wife kept hers, giving it to our daughter when she was a baby.

It's creepy as hell and, were my wife to come home to that on her bed, she'd freak out.

If I were Janssen, I'd be upping the security big time. It's very difficult to gain entry to someone's home in NYC. Most people of her wealth, and stature, live in buildings with doormen and crazy security, making it very hard to gain entry to her home.

If, however, she lives in a brownstone, there's no doorman, unless she has live in security/assistants and breaking into a brownstone is no small task.

My guess is that one of her assistants, or someone with access to her home, left it there for her, with no intent to freak her out. She mentioned it in a conversation or something like that and the astute listenener picked up the book for her.

Edited to add:
for those of you not aware of this creepy book, here's some info:
www.nytimes.com...
some quotes from the book that should raise the hairs on Ms. Janssen's neck

Once there was a little doll. Her name was Edith. She lived in a nice house and had everything she needed except somebody to play with. She was very lonely!

3. Every night when she said her prayers she pleaded, "Please, please, send me some friends."

2. "Just wait and see what fun we'll have!" Little Bear whispered in Edith's ear.

1. From then on Edith was never lonely again.

and another article about the book

parenting.blogs.nytimes.com...

edit on 13-8-2013 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gotya

Is it burglary if you leave something behind? .

no, it's the opposite of burglary

yralgrub

It is, however, breaking and entering, which is against the law.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Right I could see breaking and entering or stalking or even littering.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

If I were Janssen, I'd be upping the security big time. It's very difficult to gain entry to someone's home in NYC. Most people of her wealth, and stature, live in buildings with doormen and crazy security, making it very hard to gain entry to her home.

I concur with your assessment, leading me to believe as you later concluded that this is a relatively benign incident. I can only imagine how much stuff she receives from fans, I dont find it hard to believe she may have forgotten she received it or as Crakeur mentioned, an aide left it for her.

It does make a good beginning for her next horror movie though

I am sure she will be fine. Trying explaining her fears to someone that is currently living in Detroit below the poverty line.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Looks like a good read
gonna try and buy a copy.
Very odd story, it is a shame how mental illness can make people act.
47? blimey she is looking great.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

as was pointed out in another article about the break in and "gifting" of the book, there are some rather creepy aspects to the story it tells which could be viewed as a threat to Ms. Janssen.

see my post above with 4 choice quotes from the book for examples.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

She is one of my favourite actresses and hopefully it was something completely innocent like you say, an assistant or makeup artist etc that she did not notice or forgot to mention, although she does say that she was the only person with access to the apartment, an that book is just downright creepy, maybe someones just trying to creep her out, one of her own people, ah who knows.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

she lives in the Village which is a mix of doorman and non-doorman buildings. I know there are quite a few celebs that live in non-doorman buildings so it is possible that there is no built-in security like a doorman but, even then, obtaining entry is often a chore. for years I lived in a building that was small (6 floors, 1 or two apartments per floor) and had no doorman. To gain entry you needed two keys for the two front doors. The elevator wouldn't open on your floor without a key so, lacking a key, you'd need a key to the stair well and another key to the exit door on your floor. In other words, a real nightmare to get to the floor you wanted. We had, for 9 months, a big time celebrity couple living on the third floor, and there were paparazzi outside the building practically around the clock so it was near impossible for someone to break into the building. The added bonus of having the photographers announce "ugh, it's not him" whenver I left the building made the 9 months rather depressing.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

The added bonus of having the photographers announce "ugh, it's not him" whenver I left the building made the 9 months rather depressing.

All you need to do is put on some big sunglasses and a baseball cap and rush out the door. I bet they would chase you for miles thinking you were X celebrities new squeeze.

edit on 13-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
her next movie
soon to be released

I rented a place in Chicago
some time ago...

I came home from work one nite
to find a wooden cutting board on my kitchen counter.
Needless to say it hadn't been there when I had left for work earlier
the same day.

So being that I was freaked the F out...
I promptly changed the lock and stayed alert
for any further activity...

about a day or 2 later I got a phone call from the landlord.
asking why I had changed the lock.
I told her what happened & she then explained that her uncle
who was the unofficial security dood for the building
had left it for me knowing I was barley scraping by.

So good intentions gone about the wrong way
can definitely be perceived otherwise

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I tossed water on them from my window from time to time. They were a nuisance and, honestly, I feel for celebs of that status. To be followed around, morning, noon and night, sucks. I wasn't even their target and I found it imposing and obtrusive not to mention the aforementioned ego crushing daily affirmation.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

that would do nothing for the ego lol

Well with the buildings being like that then it has to be from someone within her friend/staff/family circle, maybe someone sent her the book an her housekeeper ( assuming she had one) put it on display or something along those lines, either that or she has a very clever ninja-like stalker with a penchant for the weird.

It's free promotion I suppose regardless.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

it's a creepy selection for a random gift, that's for sure but I would like to think there's a logical explanation.

as to the ego hit, it was brutal and it was practically a daily event (weekends where I slept in were a reprieve as he was on set and I wasn't leaving for work) for over 9 months. I've got a strong ego but that constant reminder that I wasn't worthy of their film really did ruin the mornings for me thus the night time showers I bestowed upon them helped make up for the mental cruelty of leaving (and sometimes returning to) my home and hearing groans of displeasure.

Oddly enough, roughly 15 years later, I have a wife and two kids that give me a similar reaction.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join