It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indoctrination and Strange Practices in School

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me why kids had to give everyone a valentine's card in school? Or say the Pledge of Allegiance?
I can't. In School, you're subject to the man's way of thinking. Kids still think JFK was killed by Oswalt, if they teach it at all. They learn nothing about 'Nam. They learn nothing about how the CIA dealt drugs to the entire world. It's all the Founding Fathers, and World War 2. Maybe some cold war stuff, demonising the Russians. It's History, re-written all over again.

People are being set up to fail. To create more mindless drones. You know why the school lunch is so bad? Because they don't care about the kids who are on the free lunch program. You can buy snacks that are contributing to the ever fattening corporate pocket books, if you have the money. Meanwhile, they can't pay attention in school from too little food, or too much sugar and caffeine? They have ADHD! Put them on some amphetamine. Little Johnny's got a learning disorder, better drug him. Get him ready for big boy stimulants in the future, so he can put money in CIA pockets.

Athletics programs are just a money making scheme. They contribute to the further balkanization of Scholastic programs. Little Eric Klebolds and Dylan Harrises with a chip on their shoulder, and too many video games taking on the football team with lethal intent, and people wonder why. Because the media is telling them, "KILL, DESTROY, BUY, CONSUME!". People wonder about CIA programming of these folks, but I don't think they really need to. People are already screwed up enough already. Take for example Penn State. Coach should have been stopped a long long time ago, but people just ignored it, because of the money the Athletics program was bringing in. I'm surprised none of the victims didn't go postal. I guess the experience just broke them.

It seems these days, the system is designed so people fail. Budget cut in every place that matters.
I'm afraid for this generation. I truly am.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
i guess the reason why i didnt get indoctrinated/brainwashed/programmed is cuz i just didnt pay too much attention in school....was too busy drawing comic book characters and usually had my own special office in the back of the classroom where i couldnt be observed and be a bad example to the other 'trainees'.

guess it worked out pretty well...i kept my creativity, originality and zest for life more than 40 years no thanks to the depersonalization campaign most public schools engage in.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Can't forget the ever growing arm of Bureaucracy shadowing our education system. Nothing says doing something as inefficient as possible as bureaucracy. I remember being in high school and seeing them test pilot standardized tests for each subject (not sure why they are necessary, what happened to finals?). I was so glad that I was graduating that year and didn't have to participate in them seriously. It just keeps getting worse every year that goes by.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

FCAT is a symptom of the education system being subjugated by the federal government. We are being brainwashed in record numbers. And those who aren't drop out.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

u had me untill you knocked on school sports, i had a great time with my buddies on and off the pitch, I got to leave school to go sking twice a week, I learned how to roll "tobbaco" from a pretty young lady on the gondola ride up the mountain on day. I do agree that school is just a away to instill drone like dedication amongst the masses, but you cant knock the sports

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

School sports are the only thing that makes money in the school. Other things suffer for want of resources that the sports teams take for granted. That's my problem with them.

top topics

join