It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After lying to Congress, DNI Clapper will head ‘independent’ NSA review group (Fox in the Hen Ho

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

After insisting that the government’s unprecedented capability to monitor communications must be assessed by an independent panel with regards to maintaining the trust of Americans, President Barack Obama has announced the formation of a new review group.

A memo issued Monday by the White House said James Clapper, the United States director of national intelligence, will lead a newly formed review group tasked to determine if the US “employs its technical collection capabilities in a manner that optimally protects our national security and advances our foreign policy while appropriately accounting for other policy considerations, such as the risk of unauthorized disclosure and our need to maintain the public trust.”

Link To Memo

Link to Article

Well what do you know. We are going to have ourselves a real investigation
We know that this is going to open up the NSA and it's activities to some real transparency. What a joke. Seriously, they are up there on Pennsylvania Avenue laughing their heads off. Gee I wonder how this investigation will turn out? I am sure there will be a thorough review of the actions taken by the NSA and it's subcontractors and everything will turn out to be hunky dory. They must think that everyone is stupid.
edit on 13-8-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Yep,

When the whole system is corrupt you get corrupt people investigating their own corrupt buddies.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Sorry, So Obama suggested the independent committee? That's strange, so he said one thing and did another..how unprofessional of the white house...and still the die hard democrats could care less...
edit on 13-8-2013 by chrismarco because: Whoops

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This is just mind boggling. He should lose his job and face charges for Contempt of Congress. He lied to Congress about whether the US was spying on citizens and he admitted he did. It is a very serious crime that he needs to be held to account for. You cannot be accusing Snowden of treason at the same time allowing someone like this to blatantly break the law. What kind of message does this send? Seriously... He and Gen Alexander need to be answering for lying and misleading the American public. This news is very disturbing to say the least. I have 0 hope for Obamas review of the NSA it is a joke and a waste of taxpayer money if this is how he intends to proceed. The reality is there is no chance anything will come out of this "review". Too much money is at stake. Too many people employed and frankly too many out of control egos at work. Disgusting that the Govt is operating in this fashion. He is a slimeball and that is about the nicest thing I can say about this weasel.
edit on 13-8-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

During a March 2013 hearing, Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Oregon) asked DNI Clapper, “Does the NSA collect any type of data at all on millions or hundreds of millions of Americans?” Clapper responded in the negative, but was forced to correct himself when Mr. Snowden’s revelations three months later proved otherwise.
I think this time will be different, and Clapper has seen the error of his ways. I've got intuition and my intuition tells me these people are really really really really trying to do what's in the best interest of Americans. Alright, let's cut the crap. I've got ten dollars that says at the end of this little charade Clapper will say that there is plenty of effective oversight within these programs.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
more comics eh.

dont ya just love how our elected trash officials bring the jokes for us all!! wow i so love living this way, constant comedy and it only costs those working, 30% of their salary, what a deal!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I would also like to be clear about the kind of oversight Clapper will be referring to.Since 2000 there have been over 20,000 FISA applications presented to a court, in which (get this) 11 were rejected. That's what's called a rubber stamp folks. Stay ahead of the game. That way you'll know bullspit when you hear it.Source

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Well doesn't anybody see ?

He HAD to lie.

Otherwise he never would have got this new assignment.

I think any public official that is caught lying should spend a 5 year sentence working in a garbage recycling plant.

minimum wage, no paid time off, and no gas mask, and living quarters no more than 1 block away.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Gov't investigations are top notch, just look at the NIST report, among everything else

Oh man we're screwed

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Of course, liars always trust other liars to lie for them.

Instead of punishing him for lying in front of congress (which is fact), Obama the liar gives the other liar more lies to tell.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Its about time the people and the states come together to invoke the secondary option of amending the constitution and kick out ALL of congress and elect everyone from scratch

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Eh,This review board will be about as independent as The Tower Commission was.All that commission held Reagan accountable for is a "lax management style" expect more of the same from The Clapper Commission.Scratch that they won't hold anyone much less Obama's handlers accountable.We will get the usual words of praise from the MSM a few magazine covers and articles and they will all declare that the Commission proves that the "US Government does not spy on their citizens."

Tower Commission

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

i guess they couldn't afford an independent firm to conduct this investigation

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Isn't that a little like expecting a murderer to investigate his own crime and to come up with an honest and correct conclusion?

Blimey...things really are bad. It's basically a piss take.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlasherOfVeils
Its about time the people and the states come together to invoke the secondary option of amending the constitution and kick out ALL of congress and elect everyone from scratch

Yeah, and before the new members are elected, they must be investigated inside and out, and upside down and sideways.

No point kicking out the rubbish if you only get newer rubbish in it's place.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

This beats all. Obamination has proven that he is a corrupt and lying SoS. If this panel requires congressional approval, then any congress tool that votes for this lying scumbag traitor Clapper should re run out of office.

Actually, given that Clapper has been shown to have purgered himself before congress, the fact that Obummer is nominating/picking this de-facto felon for such a high position really does constitute a high crime or misdemeanor. Ergo: Obomber should be impeached.

Hear that, you long-time Obama haters? Now you have a real reason to talk about impeaching him, rather than all the faux outrage over fairly inconsequential and/or routine-for-US-president issues. Are you up to it, or do you approve of the security state?

No doubt MSNBC will cover Clapper's and Obummer's hinies on this one, but how about Fox? If Bill O'Reilly doesn't raise a ruckus, it proves he is a fascist goon and apologist for the Establishment.
edit on 14-8-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

They must think that everyone is stupid.

Indeed they do...think that. And after decades of deceit, fiasco's with "independent investigations" like...the Warren commission and not to forget 9/11 commission...can you really blame them? Obviously it works....

You put up a puppet show with a nice happy ending twist...everybody happy...

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

This reminds me of everything that seems wrong about our system. More and more those whom live a life of deception are promoted to positions of trust. Reminds me of something Dorner the LA police officer wrote in his manifesto before going apecrazy.

"Those officers are still employed and have all promoted to Command staff and supervisory positions. I will correct this error. Are you aware that an officer (a rookie/probationer at the time) seen on the Rodney King videotape striking Mr. King multiple times with a baton on 3/3/91 is stillemployed by the LAPD and is now a Captain on the police department? Captain ----- is now the commanding officer of a LAPD police station (West LA division). As a commanding officer, he is now responsible for over 200 officers. Do youtrust him to enforce department policy and investigate use of force investigations on arrestees by his officers? Are youaware ----- has since promoted to Sergeant after kicking Mr. ----- in the face. Oh, you Violated a citizens civil rights?We will promote you."
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

We should change the name of our country to the United States of Irony.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Seriously: where are all the usual Obama-hating suspects??? Yes, I see a few of you here, but a very underwhelming showing actually. I even pointed to this thread in a thread about Obama and the logistics of taking his dog on vacation (said thread has become a gripe session that Obama has the audacity to take any vacation).

This is why I have very little patience and even less respect for most of the Obama haters here at ATS. They complain about the most ridiculous things, but on important matters like this, where it is clearly a case of Obama being a lying, sleazebag political tool of the Establishment, they apparently don't give a rip -- that or they're pro-Establishment too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join